Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I am a very picky person when it comes to cell phones. I change phones constantly and I'm always researching phones in my spare time. This year alone I've had a blackberry and an htc hero.. I was really sick of the hero. I wasn't happy with it's size or it's abilities. Someone told me to switch to a Pre or Pixi. After some comparison I decided on the Pixi. From day one I was happy with the phone and when I discovered Preware it made the phone really customize to my preferences and needs...

Happy I switched over...
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHarris View Post
    So I am a very picky person when it comes to cell phones. I change phones constantly and I'm always researching phones in my spare time. This year alone I've had a blackberry and an htc hero.. I was really sick of the hero. I wasn't happy with it's size or it's abilities. Someone told me to switch to a Pre or Pixi. After some comparison I decided on the Pixi. From day one I was happy with the phone and when I discovered Preware it made the phone really customize to my preferences and needs...

Happy I switched over...
    I'm ....... too!
    Hi MrsHarris and Welcome to the P|C forums and your new addiction!

It's posts like this that people need to see more. There are many who are biased towards the Pre and say the Pixi isn't a good design.. but there are people out there who would disagree - and your post proves that!

The guys who have been working hard on Preware deserve a ton of praise. This app opens up a whole new world for customizing your device by adding features and applications easily.

Enjoy the phone and playing with Preware! Thanks for the post
    Ditto
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    I love my palm pixi+, the only thing I miss is that it doesnt have the hardware specs of the palm Pre+, like more memory, autofocus and bigger screen, but other then that the candy-bar form factor will stay in for a long time and the Treo and Blackberry lines prove that. I'm surw HP will eventually release a candy-bar version more powerful hardware-wise then the Pixi+ and we'll all be happier!
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I love my palm pixi+, the only thing I miss is that it doesnt have the hardware specs of the palm Pre+, like more memory, autofocus and bigger screen, but other then that the candy-bar form factor will stay in for a long time and the Treo and Blackberry lines prove that. I'm surw HP will eventually release a candy-bar version more powerful hardware-wise then the Pixi+ and we'll all be happier!
    The Pre doesn't have auto-focus.. it's a fixed-focus lens.
    I always though it had an auto-focus lense. Thx for the FYI!
    I love my pixi even more now that it has wifi infect i downloaded a 12gig file today while using mobile hot spot :P
    12GB? Man that's huge. I have AT&T so my limit is only 2GB and even if I had unlimited data, we don't have mobile hot spot, man I want the big Red (VZ)!
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I love my pixi even more now that it has wifi infect i downloaded a 12gig file today while using mobile hot spot :P
    You mean you streamed a 12 gig file, right? Considering the Pixi doesn't have 12 gigs of storage... or did you add that when you added wifi?

BTW...Congrats on the great mod of your device!
    no I think he means, downloaded. He mentioned "hotspot", so he must've use the Pixi+ like a wireless thethering to connect his laptop and must've downloaded this 12GB file to his computer...sounds like a movie media file, but that's long considering that most downloadable movies are like 1GB in size, unless it was a HD movie?
    Oops... You are right.. the "hotspot" word didn't register in my head for some reason
    That makes total sense now! It's early AM and I haven't gone to bed so I'm a bit slow. LOL

Thanks for pointing that out!
    i'm also very happy with my pixi plus. i had to decide between the pre and the pixi plus as they were the same price, and the pre even had the touchstone included! i'm glad i chose the pixi plus, it's a great little phone, i just want to hold it all the time
    i fugured i can more easily live with some lag in webos than with a crappy keyboard which would have made me angry every day!
    and preware and the whole community makes it even more fun
    lol
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Wait. Verizon only provides 5 GB of free hotspot. Unless you've used patches you're going to be charged $350 in overage fees.
    yeah that's what I thought, VZ's tap is 5GB and at&t's is 2GB, when you download a 12GB file, you have gone over by 7GB over your monthly allotment, why would he do such a horrible thing, that's why there's Wi-Fi, free wi-fi in many placed.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I am a pixi lover from day one also, was thinking of switching to the pre. But I am still skeptical on that everyday I find new things to do with my pixi. I think my pixi is a keeper only way I will switch is to a pixi+.

Thank you to the forum for providing new information everyday so I can keep up with all the new applications and how to trouble shoot my pixi.

18. Ty
    A Pre/Pixi is not whole without PreWare. I am constantly torn between wanting Palm to hire our homebrew geniuses, and wanting their work to stay homebrew and freely available!
    gitit20 is using a Sprint Pixi he modded with a VZW Pixi+ radio board. So now he has a Sprint Pixi+! And Sprint data is unlimted.
    This thread just makes me question more and more if I want a Pre+ or a Pixi+ on Friday when I make the switch to VZ. Right now I have a Sprint Pre and the added memory of the Pre+ and the fact that I get to keep all of my apps and games that I would lose with the Pixi+ keeps drawing me to the Pre+. I just cant decide!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast