Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    With new contract prices and 3D gaming I would definitely go for the Pre +.
    I'm thinking the same thing as I got 30 days with at&t to either return or keep my Pixi+.
    My husband also loves his Pixi (sprint). He had an iPhone previously (work phone) and he hated it. He left his job and needed a phone. I have the Pre and suggested that to him, but he wanted a slimmer phone, so he decided to get the Pixi. We got it one day before the app catalog sale was over, so we got some great apps for it too.
    so he likes the Pixi better then your Pre? I always though it was the other way around.

I still have like another 20 days to hange my mine with my at&t Pixi+ if whether I want to exchange it for the Pre+, the Pre+ looks like it just has much powerful hardware.
    My wife loves her Pixi and now that she has a Touchstone she is even more in love. Every time I use her phone I get jealous of the keyboard! Man it seriously has the best keyboard of any mobile device I have ever used. I hope the next Pre has the same feel.

Enjoy your Pixi and welcome to the P|C.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    thx you!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I'm still not bored of my Pixi+, it just works!! Good sign!
    From the moment i saw it come out...

I live in Israel and the phones didn't made it here
    so after waiting i bought one on EBAY and sent it to a friend
    that was visiting in NY and it came with her

Now that's nice but still... needs to be UNLOCKED and get hebrew on it,
    well.... all done and today i could show off to the guys at the support center
    of my cellphone company when i went there to get another SIM card for it.

i love it more every minute and it so beautiful

good thing i don't have a girlfriend to waste time on...

Yaron.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    so he likes the Pixi better then your Pre? I always though it was the other way around.

I still have like another 20 days to hange my mine with my at&t Pixi+ if whether I want to exchange it for the Pre+, the Pre+ looks like it just has much powerful hardware.
    Yes, I'm more of a phone geek than him. I've always had some sort of PDA device, he doesn't see the need. Size was a huge factor for him. He wanted something really small, like our old Sanyo phones. But, he still needed to have internet, access to emails and texting. I was encouraging a Palm product since I've had my Pre for a year and I know it inside and out. I didn't want to have to learn something else.
    Well I have had a smartphone since the days when we used to carry two devices, a PDA and a phone separate and using bluetooth DUN to access the net from my Palm Tunsgten T|3 to my sold sony-ericsson!

I've always loved the treo form-factor, and thus I like the Palm Pixi Plus a lot, b/c it carries over such form-factor, the only downfall I'm beginning to realize isthat the Pre+ is much powerful hardware-wise, such as double the ROM/RAM, more CPU and the camera more MP and the way the camera app starts is way faster then that of the Pixi+ with at&t. My 30days change-of-mind clock is ticking away and I still need to make up my mind if whether to keep the Pixi+ or just exchange it for the Pre+.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Yes, I'm more of a phone geek than him. I've always had some sort of PDA device, he doesn't see the need. Size was a huge factor for him. He wanted something really small, like our old Sanyo phones. But, he still needed to have internet, access to emails and texting. I was encouraging a Palm product since I've had my Pre for a year and I know it inside and out. I didn't want to have to learn something else.
    This is exactly why Im getting my husband and kids the Pixi+. I know WebOS from my Pre and can easily show them how to make the best of it. When my husband first got his Centro I had to sit with him for days trying to get him used to it! Aint gonna do that this time lol!
    I like the Pixi+ there is no doubt, I still believe the Pre+ has better hardware (CPU, Memory and better camera), but I love the fixed kb candybar form-factor of the Pixi+.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i do not like my Pre's slider and my super powerful HTC Desire weighs "like a brick" so at the end of the day i always find myself walking around with the Pixi+. It has all i "need" except for the office app. The hardware is not really bothering me, in the end it is always faster than i can type and think what to look up anyway.

good luck with your decision ;-)
    My first Pre had a very loose slider. I wouldnt call it the oreo effect but it would often times start to slide closed on its own or it would stick just a teenie bit open preventing me from pushing the power button without forcing it closed. Was quite annoying. This Pre (my 2nd) the slider is nice and tight and far better than the first but Im still gun shy with it. I feel like its going to snap off in my hand or something. I definitely dont think Ill miss the slider much if at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12