Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi,

Sometimes i do have paid apps and sometimes i do not !
    how is that possible ?

I know I have a working account and i have used it before but today i saw the paid apps have gone
    You are not in an officially supported country....your going to have issues unfortunately.

Each phone is associated with a specific country. The country is assigned automatically the first time a Palm profile is created on the phone. The App Catalog apps you can access are based on the country associated with the phone.

Phones associated with the following countries or regions can use App Catalog to purchase apps and to download free apps:

Canada, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States

Phones associated with the following countries or regions can use App Catalog to download free apps:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Switzerland.

Unfortunately, since Morocco is not listed here, you will likely not have access to either paid or free apps, unless the phone was originally activated previously in a supported country.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    the thing is my account works fine with my Pre. i created the app account a long time ago using my Dutch SIM on the local network. maybe i am confused as i bought my pixi only one month ago and i am now not sure anymore if i really have seen paid apps on the pixi.
    what is sure is that i can not open preferences&accounts in the app store (it is greyed out or even absent sometimes in the menu) eventhough i use the pixi with my same palm account.

what a pitty ...
    I feel like it might be time for someone knowledgeable about this topic^^ to write a small article about this and submit it to the editors.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i agree, because one should define the word "activation"
    i bought my Pixi in Germany and used it for the first time in NL using my Dutch T-Mobile SIM and thus "activated" the Pixi using my existing palm account which i also use for the Pre. So, if i understand it correctly i should have activated the Pixi using my Dutch T-Mobile SIM while i was still wandering around in Germany ?!
    what a bummer !
    ^^right you are. I wish they would release something official on the topic. Most of what I posted [way above] was lifted from an official Palm response on their own support forum.....I think that about as official as we will ever get unfortunately.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    well next time i am in Germany i could give it another try ?!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    So how did my Pre get activated? I bought a NEW O2 UK Pre from pdatechcenter.nl which was activated by them in the NL !

I also did nextgen unlock the Pre, would that maybe help for the Pixi to get paid apps?