Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It is pretty straight forward... If you follow the directions I posted above it should work.

EDIT: Here are guided steps for enabling Developer Mode:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Getting_started

Follow those steps and you will be fine.
  2.    #22  
    Okay, it worked. I don't have my usb cable on me so I didn't click the Dev icon, I didn't know if that would mess it up since I don't have the cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by utfan086 View Post
    Okay, it worked. I don't have my usb cable on me so I didn't click the Dev icon, I didn't know if that would mess it up since I don't have the cable.
    Nope it won't mess it up.
    Open the slider, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, and as soon as you type the last character, DEVMODE appears. That's what you need to open.

It's easy - don't worry about screwing up your phone. You'll have lots of support here on the forums.
  5.    #25  
    Okay. I'm in Dev mode
  6.    #26  
    I got webOS QI installed. I went to install preware to my phone and it said "connection refused", "no device found". What does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by utfan086 View Post
    I got webOS QI installed. I went to install preware to my phone and it said "connection refused", "no device found". What does this mean?
    Did you restart the phone after you enabled dev mode?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Did you restart the phone after you enabled dev mode?
    yes
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    have you tried rebooting your phone again also reboot your computer

then reconnect to your computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Open the slider, type in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart, and as soon as you type the last character, DEVMODE appears. That's what you need to open.

It's easy - don't worry about screwing up your phone. You'll have lots of support here on the forums.
    Guys! It's a Pixi! There is no slider! Tsk, tsk! JK
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Also try a NovaCom reinstallation and then restart your computer (it worked for me).
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Also try a NovaCom reinstallation and then restart your computer (it worked for me).
    I don't have that.
    In WebOS Quick Install there is an option to reinstall Novacom.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    In WebOS Quick Install there is an option to reinstall Novacom.
    I didn't see it in any of the drop down menus. I'm still lokking though.
    How to install Preware and homebrew apps.

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    Novacom (re)installion is in the FILE/OPTIONS menu
  17.    #37  
    okay that worked. I know where I messed up. When it first popped up to install novacom, I did something and it didn't install it.
    I am glad everything worked out. Once you have preware installed, adding patches is very easy no need to connect to the PC. Untethered all the way.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am glad everything worked out. Once you have preware installed, adding patches is very easy no need to connect to the PC. Untethered all the way.
    Here is another problem, I keep reading about preware, but I can't get it to install on my phone. Do I install it from Quick install or the link provided through here?
    you can install it from WebOS Quickinstall. You can install a lot of patches (almost all) from webOS QI as well.

Installing Preware from webOS QI allows you to install patches directly on the phone without the need for a PC.

I have always installed it (preware) via webOS QI. if there is another method I am not aware of it .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast