Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Got an email from Nextgen notifying me, finally! Only problem:

$ 55.33
    £ 35.00
    € 42.33

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Doesn't justify such a massive fee, guess that's the disadvantage of a monopoly
    anyway i bought it for my palm pixi plus from att...
    when I get home i will run the unlock ;D
    unlocked my pixi+, maybe the first one in China.
    you cannot possibly moan about the price.Do you think these things cost nothing to make? They take months or weeks of research and hundreds of man hours of programming to develop.
    For such a small market the costs involved do not justify the work involved so the price has to be high.Take it or leave it the choice is yours.
    If you think its about having a monopoly then you are sadly mistaken.Nobody will get rich selling unlock credits for these phones and thats a fact!
    Jictech were not even going to do this phone and only because members from this forum were mailing and saying price didnt matter was it ever considered.
    when i connect my pixi to any computer i try it on,
    i choose "just charge" (the pixi is in DEV MODE) and then windows founds new hardware and asks the location for the drivers to "rndis ethernet gadget" and
    i'm stack and don't know what to do.

my phone isn't activated, i don't know how to do that, i need help.
    can i activate the pixi with wifi?

when i try to make a new profile and i fill all the info.
    it says "Profile Creation failed". please advise me.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    stock pixi will only activate via phone network, not over wifi. if you want to activate it via wifi you need to use meta-doctor
    You can also use the Palm developer "devicetool" at Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center.

However, this method will not create a Palm profile. Probably best to borrow a friend's AT&T 3G SIM (not iPhone 3GS or 4, which use a mini-SIM) long enough to activate, create the profile and unlock the handset.

I'm beginning to wish HP/Palm would create a set of devices that do not include a cellular radio, only WiFi and GPS, and a companion device that is a small, cellular gateway.
    kalex - I did use meta-doctor... what should i activate when i compile the meta-doctor file
    so i could activate by wifi?

dgdonovan - I live in Israel so i can't activate it using an AT&T sim, although i have one.
    this is weird... after unlock it worked fine for few minutes

now it says:

"SIM NOT ALLOWED (3)
    FOR ASSISTANCE, CALL YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER"
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Please pardon my ignorance, but would this unlocking thing allow a Verizon Pixi Plus to be activated for the Sprint network? I never really been clear on the benefit of unlocking.

I am thinking the answer is "no" because those networks are cdma and not gsm, right? (for US phones).
    Last edited by TinyTot2; 08/02/2010 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but would this unlocking thing allow a Verizon Pixi Plus to be activated for the Sprint network? I never really been clear on the benefit of unlocking.

I am thinking the answer is "no" because those networks are cdma and not gsm, right? (for US phones).
    you are correct.... this is just for GSM phones...still no way to move a phone from Verizon to Sprint
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    If you don't care about Palm App Catalog access, then it is no problem. I just unlocked an AT&T Pixi+, but only had a Movistar/Telefonica SIM recently acquired in Panama. The phone roams great (on AT&T), but the Palm profile may not be tied to AT&T. There seems to be a problem with HP/Palm's profile server this evening. Lots of 503 errors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast