Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ok so I was getting this error because I was swapping the simcards "live" heh i should have power off the pixi and then swap sim card
    now i will know
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but would this unlocking thing allow a Verizon Pixi Plus to be activated for the Sprint network? I never really been clear on the benefit of unlocking.

I am thinking the answer is "no" because those networks are cdma and not gsm, right? (for US phones).
    That should work Verizon and Sprint use the same CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Anyone tried the unlock yet?
    Yes, unlocked an AT&T Pixi Plus yesterday via Nextgen Servers.

This is the first solution that actually works as advertised. Tried two others, one from eBay, the other UnlockallCellular. Both refunded my money after a week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What exactly should work? This unlock is for GSMs.
    CDMA is a whole different ballgame.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I thought that this would work on both the Pixi and Pixi Plus. Their link seems to say so.

Now I cant see why anyone would want to unlock a normal Pixi from Sprint to Verizon when you could get a Verizon Pixi dirt cheap. Now the other way around would be great a WIFI Pixi on Sprint.

As to your question to what should work. You should be able to unlock a Sprint or Verizon to work on either network as both are CMDA. As I know you can use an unlocked Pre on both AT&T or T-Mobile as I have an unlocked AT&T Pre+.

But I know from your posts you know a lot more about this then I.

EDIT--- Sorry stand corrected. I did not know you could do this with a Sprint phone.
    Last edited by craftsman; 08/03/2010 at 12:56 PM.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    Yes, unlocked an AT&T Pixi Plus yesterday via Nextgen Servers.

This is the first solution that actually works as advertised. Tried two others, one from eBay, the other UnlockallCellular. Both refunded my money after a week or so.
    let's me try ...
    Got my Pixi UNLOCKED after more Meta-Doctoring it.

worx great.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Works well by the way, as advertised, pretty straight forward.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    what can you do when u unlock it
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    It lets you use any network sim in your phone.
    This is going to be a really dumb question but what does unlocking the Pixi do?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Bella, read the post before yours.
    got it...it wasn't there when I posted lol. We must have all posted at the same time. One more question what does "use any network sim in your phone" mean?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Actually i posted that yesterday morning but anyway, it means if you buy a phone that's locked a specific network, i.e. T-mobile, and you want to use it on another network then the unlock lets you do that, useful if you want a phone that isn't for sale on the network you want.
    Oh ok...so no need for me to unlock my phone since I'm with Sprint and it's a Sprint phone.
    Don't know if it is possible to get the code from carrier...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12