Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to overclock a pixi besides the uberkernels and stuff...im not the brightest at overclocking.... some 1 help? i just wanna boost it 2 750-850 Mhz...
    Any suggestions?

P.S. is there any uberkernals that overclock my pixi? because all i see is in 1 i cant understand
    and in the other just boosts R.A.M. speed. Correct me if im wrong.......

My main question is: Anyways to overclock a pixi, anyway besides uberkernal would b nice but still....
    there's no current way to overclock, you can just supplement your phone with uberkernel for the pixi.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Sorry! But no.
  4.    #4  
    What exactly is a uberkernal or kernal....
    i googled it but didnt understand definition
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    What exactly is a uberkernal or kernal....
    i googled it but didnt understand definition
    In a simple form:
    The uberkernel is a custom kernel for the Palm Pre(+) and Pixi(+) designed, developed and packaged by the Webos-internals team. The Pre Uberkernel allows the user multiple overclock options and a new memory management system.
    The pixi uberkernel, I believe, only allows the memory management system.
    See the uberkernel thread and the webos-internals for further details.

And I think google will better explain what a kernel is.

Pip
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    The uberkernel is a custom kernel for the Palm Pre(+) and Pixi(+) designed, developed and packaged by the Webos-internals team. T
    The pixi uberkernel, I believe, only allows the memory management system.
    See the uberkernel thread and the webos-internals for further details.

And I think google will better explain what a kernel is.
    i didnt no i spelled kernEl wrong lol
  7.    #7  
    Also does it void my warranty? If so is it a good first step to take full control over my phone?
    Last edited by palmlover123; 07/29/2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
    Also does it void my warranty?
    depends on the carrier agreement you have as well, i am not familiar with at&t contract agreements but as the pixi is not being overclocked when the uberkernel is installed then it could be argued that it does not violate palm's warranty agreement. However please don't hold my answer to any value, read and interpret your warranty agreements to figure out the answer.
    If so is it a good first step to take full control over my phone?
    If I am correct in believeing that the uberkernel allows the new memory management system trhen when you get 1.4.5 and 3d games then if I was in your position, it would be my first step.

Pip
  9.    #9  
    i have att and it said that if something went wrong =O it would void my warranty but would it be better to install the uberkernal via preware or webos quickinstall?
    Detailed information here:
    www(dot)webos-internals(dot)org/wiki/Application:UberKernel

Just a forewarning, if you do not thoroughly understand what this does and how to recover if something goes wrong, do not use the Uberkernel until you do. It allows overclocking on the Pre, NOT on the Pixi. However, the Pixi Uberkernel allows you to control the CPU governor (decides when to go low and full speed) and enable Compcache (compressed swap space in memory). You need another application called Govnah to control these settings.

I'm happy with my Pixi's speed, but I have memory issues (frequently too many cards). I left the governor alone and only enabled compcache. Now my multitasking works a lot better. Hope this helps.
    i have att and it said that if something went wrong =O it would void my warranty but would it be better to install the uberkernal via preware or webos quickinstall?
    Preware. You can fall back on the stock kernel if you need your device serviced.
  12.    #12  
    It did, i have "Govah"(which is a cpu app that u mentioned) is that similar to uberkernel?
  13.    #13  
    I still have 1 more question that is still unasnwered.... is it better to install via preware or webos quickinstall?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    Preware. You can fall back on the stock kernel if you need your device serviced.
    Would you use WebOS doctor? or take it to a att store?
    It did, i have "Govah"(which is a cpu app that u mentioned) is that similar to uberkernel?
    No. Govnah and Uberkernel are two completely different classes of software. Uberkernel replaces a very fundamental part of your phone which controls the hardware. Govnah is a front-end application which controls Uberkernel's settings.
  16.    #16  
    Oh....i understand....now thanks!
    Would you use WebOS doctor? or take it to a att store?
    The stock kernel can be restored by simply uninstalling Uberkernel in Preware. If you were taking it to AT&T, it'd be wise to remove all homebrew before doing so.
  18.    #18  
    lol right but if the uberkernel didnt respond wouldnt it make the phone unresponsive?
    lol right but if the uberkernel didnt respond wouldnt it make the phone unresponsive?
    It could. It'd be a risk you'd be taking. I haven't had issues yet, but your mileage may vary.
  20.    #20  
    So let me get this straight you have a pixi and you put a uberkernel and you havent had any problems so far? Im just thinking out loud here, what would go wrong? The installation? If it bricked my pixi, I would be screwed.....but not very much to offer though for the uberkernel...is there any possible way to unbrick a pixi, so I can have reinforcements just incase?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast