Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you have any issues and you can't get your phone to be picked up by the webos doctor, do this. Remove the pixi's back cover (slide ringer switch to mute before doing this). Remove the battery. Plug in your charger USB cable into your computer. Put the battery back in your phone and put the back cover back on. Hold down the volume up button and then plug in the cable. Your phone should turn on and you should see a HUGE usb symbol on your phone screen. That's it! So, if you do ever "brick" it try this method.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  2.    #22  
    Also I just noticed that i was at performance (min/max freq= 600 Mhz) then i put on governor palm default and then my processor temp was lowered from 49c to 40c. Weird,huh? even though it is still running at 600 Mhz....
    Quote Originally Posted by palmlover123 View Post
    So let me get this straight you have a pixi and you put a uberkernel and you havent had any problems so far? Im just thinking out loud here, what would go wrong? The installation? If it bricked my pixi, I would be screwed.....but not very much to offer though for the uberkernel...is there any possible way to unbrick a pixi, so I can have reinforcements just incase?
    It's a kernel, so lots of things could go wrong. If something wound up going wrong though, doctoring the phone will usually unbrick it.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    If you have any issues and you can't get your phone to be picked up by the webos doctor, do this. Remove the pixi's back cover (slide ringer switch to mute before doing this). Remove the battery. Plug in your charger USB cable into your computer. Put the battery back in your phone and put the back cover back on. Hold down the volume up button and then plug in the cable. Your phone should turn on and you should see a HUGE usb symbol on your phone screen. That's it! So, if you do ever "brick" it try this method.
    Very nice way but have you tried it?
    Also I just noticed that i was at performance (min/max freq= 600 Mhz) then i put on governor palm default and then my processor temp was lowered from 49 to 40. Weird,huh? even though it is still running at 600 Mhz....
    Not weird at all. Performance will have you maxed out at 600MHz at all times, which will probably murder your battery life and make your device into a hand warmer. The Palm default determines how much CPU power is needed and adjusts the clock speed accordingly. The frequency switching can be very fast, so you may not even notice a drop from 600 in Govnah.
  6.    #26  
    so bricked for pixi is that you cant access the phone and it wont turn on?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    Not weird at all. Performance will have you maxed out at 600MHz at all times, which will probably murder your battery life and make your device into a hand warmer. The Palm default determines how much CPU power is needed and adjusts the clock speed accordingly. The frequency switching can be very fast, so you may not even notice a drop from 600 in Govnah.
    I just noticed that it was at 128.8 Mhz went I put it to sleep. So i take back the "weird" in the other post.
    so bricked for pixi is that you cant access the phone and it wont turn on?
    It's called bricking because it turns your device into a brick. A very expensive brick.
  9.    #29  
    Oh ok i totally understand now thanks
  10.    #30  
    "timjhenry" you have a pixi and you put on uberkernel and had no problems with it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12