Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    You have to enter the tables after you enable NAT and IP forwarding. I think you just did them i the wrong order.
    Hmm still no dice after dragging out the computer and downloading everything fresh for tethering. At this point, I might have to start over totally from square onem not just tethering, but my phone. I can not think of what else I can try to get the driver to start. I still get the code 10 for the Pixi driver, and novacom is listed as unknown with no driver (not like Nova matters for tethering) and "RNDIS ethernet data" is unknown with no driver files.

Maybe there is something else I am missing here? I followed the directions in the first post exactly the way they are listed inluding capital and lowercase lettering for the teminal commands.... Any ideas?
    I cant seem to get the freetether to download from preware. I get this message after I try to download and I do not know how to correct this problem. It is something that has happened before and I would like to know how to fix this problem.
    I am fairly new to this . I tried the first post and nothing. I have a sprint pixi. cannot find freetether. got freetetherd but i have to go to preware to see it and it has a green down arrow on the penguin. Laptop is running w7. I have no clue. i did manage to download terminal to my phone though so I am not a complete ***** just 3/4. please help.
    see I have the problem of not being able to find Freetethered, but I am able to find freetether, but it will not download because of an ipkg log error
    For both of you, notice my post on the last page, page 6. You will see where the issue lies for both of you. It is a lot of typing to explain it again, or I would gladly repost. Simply put, you must add both the feeds for "all (as explained on page 6) AND the device specific feed (pixi) to find both freetether and freethetherd.

I was stuck there too because I figured "all" would be all the devices. Try adding both feeds and I am sure you will find both required parts in your preware feeds. (its pretty detailed, but email me if you are still stuck.

Myke
    New item that MIGHT be holding me back. I just noticed that my XP is SP1. Could this be the issue? (dont ask, this computer never went online before as it was used for storage only) I still have both devices with a yellow question mark in device manager. The one I do not have a driver for is "RNDIS Ethernet Data" and the "Palm Pixi Network Adapter" still states "this device cannot start (code10)"

TIA
    Myke
    Got it. The issue must be SP1. I.. borrowed... a laptop that has SP3 and the was NO issue connecting. Actually, I was so busy LOOKING for an issue that I have been connected for over an hour now (73minutes) and this is the first place I have gone to with FreeTether. Absolutely awesome.

I think if we can convince the first poster to add "MUST HAVE XP SP HIGHER THAN SP1" then boneheads like me won't be asking about the "code 10" issue.

I wonder if I can use internet sharing to update the other computer to sp3 to make sure SP1 was the issue. Going to play. Update you later.

Myke
    I'm sorry guys but I am an amateur at tethering. I just installed the newly updated freetether and I am trying to setup my drivers, but it's not working out. My main problem is retrieving the gumstix inf file from my computer for installation, but it continues to tell me that the specified location is unavailable. I have looked at all the threads and how to's from the beginning of the forum, but I am on the verge of smashing my computer. Any quick help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by groe886 View Post
    I'm sorry guys but I am an amateur at tethering. I just installed the newly updated freetether and I am trying to setup my drivers, but it's not working out. My main problem is retrieving the gumstix inf file from my computer for installation, but it continues to tell me that the specified location is unavailable. I have looked at all the threads and how to's from the beginning of the forum, but I am on the verge of smashing my computer. Any quick help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Just went through this for the last hour with win7. Finally got it to work. What OS are you running. This helped me installing the right driver

USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals
    My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    This is what i got through USB with my pixi
    i am using xp, but i continue to get a message saying that the specified location does not contain information about your hardware. Does the driver need to be saved to the computer or to a disk like a jump drive?
    Follow these XP instructions and save those drivers on your computer.
    USBnet Setup - WebOS Internals
    I have been looking at those instructions for quite a while. When I plug the phone into the computer it recognizes it as "network adapter #2" and not RNDIS/Ethernet. Could that be a problem?
    timjhenry you're tha man!
    So what steps do I need to take to install this now after all the changes,
    1. Where is preware and how do I download and install it/ open developer mode on my sprint pixi.

2. Does USb only tethering work on the sprint pixi.

Thanks in advance for the help as I am a newb when it comes to phones and tethering.
    You should be able to find what you need as far as how to install preware here:

WebOS Internals
    Edit: I got it to work, at least bluetooth tethering with an almost 3.0mpbs down connection!

Now I will be able to do great things hahaha!
    Last edited by toby16custom; 03/11/2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Works!
    Just wondering how you guys are getting such a fast download. I have everything working installed ( thank you very much ) but when I do a speed test on my pc I'm at 0.25 mbps and 0.16 upload. Anyway to get that faster? did you guys do something to boost it? Thanks guys
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast