Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    That method is way more tedious than necessary, especially with Vi or if you run an update. This method is better, even with running that one command each time.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrabble View Post
    I used the instructions found here:

"kimtuck.com/a/69_180_187_109/74c9e856f62d74991df03e005897cd8c.htm"

Works without having to run any programs, or enter commands. Just plug the USB cable in and start browsing.
    That offers some valuable insight into how ip forwarding works in webOS. Thanks for the information!
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post
    Thanks for the links. For some odd reason Preware had problems loading the "all" testing feed. Luckily, I just used Install Package and voila! Still en route to trying this out

Edit: Got it working! Bluetooth tethering is a go too! I did NOT have novacom installed, I used the terminal found in preware.

And I followed this URL BLOCKED CUZ MY POST COUNT SUCKS and installed the "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device". Dunno if it was unnecessary.
    I can also confirm that this works swimmingly on Windows 7. I was so upset to not have WiFi on my pixi, and thus no Mobile Hotspot. But now i have this and can connect my laptop up anywhere in my coverage area. Thanks for the guide!
    Can someone explain how to get Bluetooth tethering working? I've tried both freetether and mytether and for some reason the PAN profile isn't even available when I try to connect. In freetether, ip forwarding is enabled, there's an ip in the USB section, and the Bluetooth ip is nulled. The PAN profile is still unavailable.
    OMG! After 18 hours, I think I finally have everything installed and working. Awesome! Thank you for this very helpful thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt912836 View Post
    Can someone explain how to get Bluetooth tethering working? I've tried both freetether and mytether and for some reason the PAN profile isn't even available when I try to connect. In freetether, ip forwarding is enabled, there's an ip in the USB section, and the Bluetooth ip is nulled. The PAN profile is still unavailable.
    I have an AT&T pixi plus. Can anyone help me with this ?
    Hello,

Tested under Vista and worked perfectly. Entering the command in terminal is a hassle though. And terminal does not have copy and paste. Is there any easier way?

Thanks.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mojonba View Post
    Hello,

Tested under Vista and worked perfectly. Entering the command in terminal is a hassle though. And terminal does not have copy and paste. Is there any easier way?

Thanks.
    You can alter the Pixi's startup scripts (I don't know which) to run the commands automatically on reboot. You could also do what I did and make a script that you can remember the name/location of and execute whenever you're ready.

Maybe if I'm not feeling so effing lazy, I'll investigate making an app that'll automate most of this.
    that would be so awesome andmuch appreciated by the pixi community. Hopefully you can find sometime cause it can't be easy!
    thanks
    I need to get to ten posts, so I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the devs and all the other knowledgeable and helpful people of the Palm community. You guys rock!
    FWIW I am able to tether with bluetooth successfully after your script and with freetether open. Sometimes is much more convenient to tether via bluetooth instead of usb.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    that would be so awesome andmuch appreciated by the pixi community. Hopefully you can find sometime cause it can't be easy!
    thanks
    Yeah, I think I'd have to learn some C... Which is something I've been putting off for a very long time.
    Could you please confirm if this config would work following the freeteather installation process described as the original post:

Sprint Pixi running WebOS 1.4.5 tethered to MacBook Pro via Bluetooth (forum stated that USB tether will not work with Mac)

Thanks for your help.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by RikM View Post
    Could you please confirm if this config would work following the freeteather installation process described as the original post:

Sprint Pixi running WebOS 1.4.5 tethered to MacBook Pro via Bluetooth (forum stated that USB tether will not work with Mac)

Thanks for your help.
    I don't have a Mac to try this on, but it looks like others in this thread have had success with Bluetooth in general.
    any1 know how 2 do this with a att palm pixi plus??
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtybrunette82 View Post
    any1 know how 2 do this with a att palm pixi plus??
    Have you tried my method yet? It seems to work on the Verizon Pixi Plus. I don't think I've heard results from AT&T users yet.
    Ok, so I'm not quite as big of a techie as most people here, but I have my AT&T Pixi tethered with Mobile Hotspot. Had that not worked, I was willing to go through the steps outlined here, but all I had to do was download a couple of files. I grabbed freetetherd and the "already patched" version of the Mobile Hotspot app. It was super easy, and so far, it is working perfectly. Most of the posts I read showed not so great results with this method, but it's working for me.
    Must know fact: (After following instructions tediously) I have been unable to establish a USB connection with my sprint pixi 1.4.5 on my Win7 x64. Question: do I have to have Linux on my PC? What step do you think Im missing? I have either MyTether or FreeTether. I get the yellow exclamation mark on the ethernet icon when connected to my phone via usb. Help please!! This is driving me nuts!!
    No linux is just another operating system as is MacOS, Windows. No dont install MyTether it messes things up, just FreeTether and Freetetherd. When you open FreeTether and enable "Ip forwarding" close the program and reopen it. Does it still show Ip forwarding enabled? If it is still showing enabled all is good. If it is not, uninstall freetetherd and freetether and reinstall.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey08 View Post
    Must know fact: (After following instructions tediously) I have been unable to establish a USB connection with my sprint pixi 1.4.5 on my Win7 x64. Question: do I have to have Linux on my PC? What step do you think Im missing? I have either MyTether or FreeTether. I get the yellow exclamation mark on the ethernet icon when connected to my phone via usb. Help please!! This is driving me nuts!!
    If you've got a yellow exclamation, I believe that means you're not getting an IP address from the Palm device (you will see a 169.x.x.x address in ipconfig). If that's the case, then I would try reinstalling freetether and freetetherd. In the context of this guide, freetether is the step that allows DHCP to work.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast