1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Today on engadget I saw a link that showed a fourm member putting WIFI on the Sprint Pixi and I also found you can put a sprint pre on verizon (I do not know if it works with the PIXI) I was wondering that if I got a sprint pixi and got the radio that works with WIFI in the pixi that I could put it on verizon with out a data plan
    Thanks!

Short: I was wondering if a Palm Pixi(Sprint) could work on verizon without a data plan because I know the Palm Pre(Sprint) works on verizon.

I DO know that there is a pixi on verizon but I do NOT want a data plan!
    Last edited by ppixi; 07/26/2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
    nope. get a data plan.
    i honestly doubt youd be able to swap the radios.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    nope. get a data plan.
    i honestly doubt youd be able to swap the radios.
    You can swap the Pixi radio with a Pixi + radio (for WIFI) but also you can put the pre on verizon so I was thinking that maybe you can get the Pixi on there with out the data plan.

In the Palm Pre on Verizon thread someone talks about how there data still wouldn't work and it ended up its because they had the Vcast data plan(It has since been discontinued) so I wanted to check if you could do it without data.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Another option .... if you bought a Pixi Plus (no contract) from AT&T, you could throw it on a pay as you go phone # with no data.

Of course, that would mean leaving Sprint which you don't want to do.

Sorry, you have less options when you have a CDMA phone (vs. GSM).
  5.    #5  
    Actually I don't have sprint becuase the coverage is not that good in my area (Forsyth County,GA) except the 4G is super but my parents dont want us to switch(Im 14 turning 15 soon). I was going to go with PAYG on ATT but my dad kept bugging me by saying why would you want it if you can't use the smartphone features and I told him it had WI-FI but he still didn't understand and now he wants me to get one of the crappy "Feature Phones" on verizon becuase I decided to ask for the samsung reality but he said NO data plan so I have to get a crappy phone my sister has the intinsity but I dont like it that much I might decide to bring up the ATT pixi on gophone or T-mobile because it's cheaper.
    Also, does the Pixi + have to be unlocked to be on GoPhone(I think that as long as the SIM is ATT it is OK)
  6.    #6  
    Ok let me re-explain what I was trying to say

Say I buy a sprint palm pre from eBay would I be able to activate on verizon without a data plan.
    If you use a Sprint pre/pixi on verizon (ITS POSSIBLE) how did you get it activated did you have to get a data plan?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    All major(not pre-paid or PAYG versions) carries require data plans with any smartphone.

There is no SIM card with Sprint(CDMA) so the only way to activate it is by calling them (verizon, also CDMA) and giving them the number on the phone; if its not from their network they will fight with you to get it turned on. I've heard some people say they've done it, I've heard some say they were told no. I have not done it myself so I don't know.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    All major(not pre-paid or PAYG versions) carries require data plans with any smartphone.

There is no SIM card with Sprint(CDMA) so the only way to activate it is by calling them (verizon, also CDMA) and giving them the number on the phone; if its not from their network they will fight with you to get it turned on. I've heard some people say they've done it, I've heard some say they were told no. I have not done it myself so I don't know.
    I talked with someone with verizon and they said that since the phone is locked to sprint then NO but if I could reprogram it REP said possibly.
    if youre willing to get a go phone just pay your pops the 25 or so a month. and by nope I meant its way too much of a hassle to do it. you could try, but I doubt vzw will activate a sprint (esn?)
    the pixi did not require an everything data plan when released, not sure now as I merged that account to my main line.