Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok guys here is what I have done I have placed a Plam Pixi Plus (Verizon) radio board in to my Sprint Palm Pixi. The news is IT WORKED my Sprint Pixi now has WIFI and it works. (see screen shots)

I have learned quit a few things with doing this:

First off the ESN and IMEI numbers are not linked to the radio board like I and every one else has thought but its linked to the mother board instead. It's most likely going off the CPU.

2nd thing I have learned is that the OS and storage are on the radio board when I placed the board into my Sprint Pixi it booted with the default boot screen mine has been changed. Once it was done booting it was at the screen to enter my palm profile I did and all worked OK.

I can call it downloaded all my data from my Palm profile I can browse the web with EVDO or WiFi and SMS works OK so does GPS. It also says sprint for the network I am on.

3rd Its the Verizon 1.4.1.1 that is on the radio board all just simply works ok instead of Sprint nav it says vzw nav (that does not work because it wants you to pay) But you can doctor it with the file below to get you over to the Sprint rom

Verizon Pixi Specs

Palm USA | Palm Pixi Plus Phone | Features, Details

Sprint Pixi Specs

Palm USA | Palm Pixi Phone | Features, Details

Sow what does this mean for all of us? Means we can easily add WiFi to the Sprint Pixi there is no extra antenna it uses the same one as the EVDO.

I believe I am the first ever Sprint Pixi owner with WiFi WOOT

One other thing for further proof that the SSD drive is built in to the radio board is when I put my Sprint Pixi radio board back in its just like it was before the Verizion Pixi radio board was install all my pics sound files are there and it does not ask for any palm profile its completely UN-doabal just by putting your Sprint board back in. What that means is you can also put your Sprint motherboard into the Verizon Pixi and be doing the same thing every thing else is the same only difference I can see hardware wise is the radio board and the logo's on the front.

Here is a video i made to show how easy it really is

UPDATE: Hey guys Sorry I have been using the term ESN same thing really but its really the MEID number also same as the IMEI number on GSM phones just wanted to clear that up sorry for the miss use of the term the phones are activated using the MEID numbers SN will show as the Verizon but that does not matter is what matters is the MEID thats tied to the Main board the main board also has all the settings for sprint as well so it automatically set the radio to the settings for sprint.

So far i am happy with the way it works and it's snappy (more so then before).

Thanks for all your support and positive feedback I feel as if I have brought this community something useful.

Update 2: Just wanted to add that THIS WILL VOID ANY AND ALL WARRANTY AND PALM WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT THE DEVICE. I i can not be held responsible if you try this and you managed to break your pixi just have to say this some one told me i should so i did...

Update 3

Every thing is done and set up proper with the Sprint ROM Oh and yes it has WiFi now.

Here is a guide to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do.

1. You need a Pixi on Sprint

2. Get your hands on a Pixi Plus radio board from Verizon (If you can try to do a full hard rest on the Pixi plus before the swap) I did not do this and there were photos of male genitalia on mine. What has been seen can't be unseen.

3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @

Remember to take your time and do it right.

4. Use it as is with the Verizon ROM or flash it with this ROM here

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This Rom will change your tokens to Sprint and Set the model number to P120EWW so that you can doctor it with the standard Sprint ROM Credit for this ROM goes to onlinespending

Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2RPX551I
    This Rom will change model number to P120EWW and also bypass activation for you who just have the pixi for deving.

Again thanks to Jack87 and OnlineSpending for cooking these custom ROM's

5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 03/10/2011 at 01:49 AM.
    Why would you think the radio board would give your Sprint Pixi an extra 8gb of harddrive space.

Have you tried to Dr it to see if it installs the correct drivers and software for sprintnav?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I love my Sprint Pixi and feel all that is lacking is WiFi but you know what they say...

"Video or it didn't happen"

Please prove me wrong!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    please don't be missing around
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Very cool, this mod should be on the front page tomorrow
    That's great! So, first we learn that it's somewhat easy to get a Pre Plus on Sprint, then you come along and get wifi on the Pixi. It's been a good week...
    Now a question I have is, could the Palm Pre Plus's radio board fit on the Pixi+ and we'll be able to upgrade to 16GB SSD and for those with the Pixi 1st Generation (added wi-fi)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Now a question I have is, could the Palm Pre Plus's radio board fit on the Pixi+ and we'll be able to upgrade to 16GB SSD and for those with the Pixi 1st Generation (added wi-fi)
    Nope sorry thats a no go the radio board on the pre and pixi are not the same
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's great! So, first we learn that it's somewhat easy to get a Pre Plus on Sprint, then you come along and get wifi on the Pixi. It's been a good week...
    Yup is has been indeed it was a lot easier then what i thought it would be
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    please don't be missing around
    Huu?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I love my Sprint Pixi and feel all that is lacking is WiFi but you know what they say...

"Video or it didn't happen"

Please prove me wrong!
    F%#CING AWESOME!

Thanks for the vid. Off to craigslist I go.
    Unrelated to Pixi/WIFI I know a technician that works for one of Sprints non-corporate stores that put a Snapdragon Processor in his Palm Centro...it took him 3 times to get it to work....he gave me a demonstration of his work....had me cracking up...
    gitit20, I take it that none of the apps that utilize location services work then?
    thanks for the info, very sad.
    What's sad?
    another awesome video from the Palm community!! this should be headlined soon.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Very awesome!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Huu?

excited about the news.. just didn't want you do be fooling me

now to get my hands on a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast