Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    after the swap what else i need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    I'm gonna be doing this also. Looking for a board now. I'd like to here from some people who have flashed the rom and Dr'd to hear about any pitfalls. What happens to your apps and patches... Do they all have to be reloaded?? Can they be backed up somewhere for an easy restore?? Or Do they have to be all individually reloaded.
    Preware and Save/Restore. Should be similar to using the webOS dr in a normal setting.

Also, keep in mind all data is stored on the radio board so just doing the swap means you will have to reload all your apps and other data even if you don't want to use the custom ROMs.

Anyone really serious about doing this re-read the first post by Gitit20 focusing on Update 3. This spells it out completely in its entirety with plenty of references. If you do not understand and/or are uncomfortable with any steps, DO NOT DO IT.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quit upbidding broken Verizon Pixis on eBay, dammit! lol

But seriously, why isn't this thread sticky?
    this seriously needs to be stickied.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Is there a reason why an AT&T pixi plus board won't work?? Has anyone tried it ?

Edit: i think i figured it out. Sprint and verizon use CDMA and AT&T uses GSM.
    Last edited by xalky; 10/09/2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Quit upbidding broken Verizon Pixis on eBay, dammit! lol

But seriously, why isn't this thread sticky?
    If thits get stikied just think how much higher the bids will go on ebay. Lets keep it our own little secret. Shhhhhhhh
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    no. You have to swap the radio board and then dr the Pixi with one of the custom webos drs listed in the first post. Then dr with the regular Sprint dr. Once you do that you are goood to go. I never did this but I like to think I have a good understanding of what to do so I take no responsibility if you brick ur phone. Wait for gitit to reply if you are still uncomfortable.
    Your right but you dont have to use the sprint rom just leave it verizon if you want but if you want sprint nav and other sprint blaaa than yes you need to doctor it with inlinespending's rom...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by epbur4128 View Post
    so all i need to do is swap the radio boar and that's it, i don't have to do anything else? please help before i do the swap
    Do the swap then doctor it with the sprint rom i have posted in the OP all should work ok
  9.    #169  
    I have found a few radio boards at repair shops some people just gave em to me
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have found a few radio boards at repair shops some people just gave em to me
    care to share any
    gitit20-- two questions:
    - where do you find these repair shops? admittedly i did not look very hard, but searching for "cell phone repair" in boston did not yield many tangible results.
    - how much would you charge to do this to my phone? :-)
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    gitit20-- two questions:
    - where do you find these repair shops? admittedly i did not look very hard, but searching for "cell phone repair" in boston did not yield many tangible results.
    - how much would you charge to do this to my phone? :-)
    You just have to so a google search or call around I have one left right now i have been doing it for 50 bucks here in town Manhattan KS
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Well happy to say i took the plunge and all went successful. props to everyone that figured this out.
    I wonder how long it will take to correct with WebOS 2, and if you will have to wait for a long adoption of the pixi-plus to get the update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
    Hanging on for dear life to WebOS, hopefully A speedy device that lets you control data comes unlocked (Pre2 still needs data plan) or Sprint lets me upgrade to a tenative Pre3 w/o lobbing that $10 on...
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by budnfrida View Post
    Well happy to say i took the plunge and all went successful. props to everyone that figured this out.
    glad to here it bud hope you enjoy it the pixi just needs 2 more things to be perfect now oc kernal and a flashlight app that works
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by na.cuig.taidhs View Post
    I wonder how long it will take to correct with WebOS 2, and if you will have to wait for a long adoption of the pixi-plus to get the update....

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using [url= Beta[/url]
    I don't get what you mean by corected? But ota updates work ok I first did this when I was on 1.4.1.1 it ota to 1.4.5.1 just fine...
    Question: After loading the custom ROM from the OP onto the pixi, does using a standard stock palm doctor work properly? If I were to download the stock 1.4.5 doctor form palm, would I still have the wifi app and such?

This question is really more regarding updating to Plam webOS 2.0 in the future. If I want to do a clean install of webOS2.0, would this modification get in my way.

I understand that OTA updates work fine, I am curious about doctoring the pixi.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    Question: After loading the custom ROM from the OP onto the pixi, does using a standard stock palm doctor work properly? If I were to download the stock 1.4.5 doctor form palm, would I still have the wifi app and such?

This question is really more regarding updating to Plam webOS 2.0 in the future. If I want to do a clean install of webOS2.0, would this modification get in my way.

I understand that OTA updates work fine, I am curious about doctoring the pixi.
    After using the custom ROM i used the sprint 1.4.5 doctor on mine and have on problems. wifi works fine.
    awesome. I'm glad. I am also super psyched to get this installed into my phone. I just won a pixi plus with broken lcd screen on ebay for $17 plus shipping.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    OK... I have the radio board installed. It works like a charm. Thats the easy part. for people that want a quick upgrade stop there.

I want this sucker to hum along like it was before the WIFI board upgrade which entails a whole lotta tweaking that I had perfected before the board swap.

I doctored the rom with OnlineSpendings ROM which seems to be the 1.41 version rather than 1.45. Is there anyway to get this rom updated to the new OS version so the next upgraders don't have to go thru the painfully slow 1.45 update??

I'm connecting to my home wireless network but I'm haveing some "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED" issues.
    This seems to be a communication problem between the pixi and my 2WIRE router (AT&T u-verse)... Not related to this actual board swap, this is an IP issue which I need to sort out...many have complained about this issue on this forum and this may have to do with my router setup.
    I was hoping the 1.45 update would fix the issue, but it didn't.

update: I now am logged on to the web I had to find the actual IP address assigned to my phone by my modem and then entered that into the phone manually and it connected... Thats great for now.... at least I know it works for sure. But I'm not sure thats the way I want this to work.I'd like this thing to be able to handshake automatically like my laptop would.

If anyone has any insight into this WIFI issue please enlighten me.

This radio board makes my pixi far snappier than its ever been I can't believe how fast I'm loading stuff from preware. It's faster right now than it was before, and I had Govnah tweaked pretty good with the pixi kernel and memory management.

Enough rambling for now.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast