Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 309
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Check all the cell phone repair shops that's were i got mine from also bad esn pixi pluses for Verizon on eBay as well
    what do you mean by cell phone repair shops? The only ones I know of would be the carrier stores that have service technicians in them and I seriously doubt verizon would sell me one.
  2. #142  
    In larger towns and cities there are places that repair cell phones that are not associated with a carrier or are a third party store.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    In larger towns and cities there are places that repair cell phones that are not associated with a carrier or are a third party store.
    Well I'm in Pittsburgh which, if i remember correctly, is one of the top 100 wireless markets and I can't seem to find one.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Well I'm in Pittsburgh which, if i remember correctly, is one of the top 100 wireless markets and I can't seem to find one.
    I did a google search and found about 8 so far :P just do a google search for Cell phone repair your city and zip when buying the board just tell em yours is damaged and needs to be replaced i am not sure how many would sell you one cheep if they knew you can swap out the boards so easy and make a pixi plus
  5. TinyTot2's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #145  
    Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

    My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

    My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.
    I will do this as soon as I can get my hands on a Pixi+ radio. Buying a wholes phone seems like a complete waste to me.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

    My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.
    that's no longer a prob check the first post there is a link to down load a rom that will set you str8 once you get the swap done make sure your activated once you do that go in to recovery mode and doctor with onlinespendings rom its just the normal sprint rom and also will change it to were the normal sprint doctor can be used it installs all the sprint goodies and nav
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  8. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #148  
    I did it as well and there are others who did this. Like gitit20 said - everything works 100% on sprint. You get wifi too
    I ended up buying verizon pixi + as finding just radio board proved to bee hard in my case. I tried getting bad ESN Pixi+ but prices went crazy for them on ebay. So I actually picked up almost new Pixi+ on these forums.
  9.    #149  
    That's cool that others have done this i wish they would post it here more My pixi just updated to 1.4.5 no probs and works still sprint OTA update working like a charm
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  10. #150  
    After a looooong await, I finally got my Pixi today. I have Sprint so I am wanting to do the Hybrid thing too. My Pixi just updated to 1.4.5 and I'm still learning. This is all very very new to me and my head is spinning in confusion lol but it's a lot of fun. I think it's awesome how you made the Sprint Pixi WIFIable, lol. I will do this in time, even though I want to do it right now. I wouldn't do it right now even if I had the radio board cause I'm still so new. I've been reading all the awesome info and hopefully one day I will do all the webOS stuff and what not, as for now, I'm just confused. Great job on the Hybrid gitit20
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Vapor View Post
    After a looooong await, I finally got my Pixi today. I have Sprint so I am wanting to do the Hybrid thing too. My Pixi just updated to 1.4.5 and I'm still learning. This is all very very new to me and my head is spinning in confusion lol but it's a lot of fun. I think it's awesome how you made the Sprint Pixi WIFIable, lol. I will do this in time, even though I want to do it right now. I wouldn't do it right now even if I had the radio board cause I'm still so new. I've been reading all the awesome info and hopefully one day I will do all the webOS stuff and what not, as for now, I'm just confused. Great job on the Hybrid gitit20
    Thank you glad you like this i love my pixi now and i use it as a hot spot at work every day lol if you have any questions just ask
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Has anybody else done this yet? If I don't get wi-fi on my Pixi soon I will have to either go to a Pre (which I really don't like the form factor) or bail on webOS all together. Sprint sent me a nasty gram because I am data-roaming too much.

    My concern isn't with swapping the boards, it is with flashing the phone back so Sprint Navigation and the such will work correctly.
    Board swap worked like a charm and I am currently running the Verizon ROM on Sprint network. I am going to try the Sprint ROM update to make sure everything is OK on 1.4.5

    I got my broken pixi plus on ebay for $60, by the way. The prices got crazy after news of gitit20's work hit the web.

    Thanks gitit20.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpostel View Post
    Board swap worked like a charm and I am currently running the Verizon ROM on Sprint network. I am going to try the Sprint ROM update to make sure everything is OK on 1.4.5

    I got my broken pixi plus on ebay for $60, by the way. The prices got crazy after news of gitit20's work hit the web.

    Thanks gitit20.
    No prob just so you know after the swap you can leave the Verizon ROM in or you can use the link in the first post to down load the sprint ROM it will let you update to the sprint WebOS it will change the model number back to P120EWW that way it will update to the sprint rom when ever updates come out for it i am going to post a link here for ya MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service this rom will Install Sprint 1.4.1.1 and change the model to P120EWW this is onlinespending's rom Jack also has one that will bypass activation and profile...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  14. #154  
    I have installed the custom ROM on my pixi but how do I get the WiFi options in the menu?
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by roesler1331 View Post
    I have installed the custom ROM on my pixi but how do I get the WiFi options in the menu?
    Did you also do the radio board swap?
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  16. #156  
    Just got a Pixi Plus on ebay for $30 i'm pumped to get this switched over.


    Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Just got a Pixi Plus on ebay for $30 i'm pumped to get this switched over.
    Thats cool let us know how it goes...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  18. #158  
    so all i need to do is swap the radio boar and that's it, i don't have to do anything else? please help before i do the swap
  19. #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by epbur4128 View Post
    so all i need to do is swap the radio boar and that's it, i don't have to do anything else? please help before i do the swap
    no. You have to swap the radio board and then dr the Pixi with one of the custom webos drs listed in the first post. Then dr with the regular Sprint dr. Once you do that you are goood to go. I never did this but I like to think I have a good understanding of what to do so I take no responsibility if you brick ur phone. Wait for gitit to reply if you are still uncomfortable.
  20. xalky's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #160  
    I'm gonna be doing this also. Looking for a board now. I'd like to here from some people who have flashed the rom and Dr'd to hear about any pitfalls. What happens to your apps and patches... Do they all have to be reloaded?? Can they be backed up somewhere for an easy restore?? Or Do they have to be all individually reloaded.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions