Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    I will run your doctor again jack and see what all it changes I have another pixi plus board (wone one on ebay) and will see if it does change the model number I sware I checked it and after running it it let me go back to the normal sprint rom any chance that for some reason it did not change the m#? Since I have a way to revert back no no risk in trying it will keep you posted.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    So gitit20 - which webosdoctor did you flash to your verizon pixi plus board? was it the one from onlinespending?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Jack87 - what is in your custom rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    So gitit20 - which webosdoctor did you flash to your verizon pixi plus board? was it the one from onlinespending?
    Mine both removes carrier/device checking and overwrites the relevant tokens to the Sprint values. This way you could then flash any regular Sprint webOS doctor or upgrade a Sprint OTA. Make sure to use the link posted by gitit20, as that's the latest one I sent him.

Again, sorry about the first link. I was going based on memory from what I had done a few months ago on my own Pixi+ hybrid, and it seems I goofed up the PN originally.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    thanks onlinespending. reading Makefile instructions it mentions that its not a good idea to skip carrier activation. let me ask you this. if I run yours first to get verizon pixi + to be "sprint" pixi, If I then run original Sprint Pixi webosdoctor will it restore back carrier activation?
    thanks onlinespending. reading Makefile instructions it mentions that its not a good idea to skip carrier activation. let me ask you this. if I run yours first to get verizon pixi + to be "sprint" pixi, If I then run original Sprint Pixi webosdoctor will it restore back carrier activation?
    It only means that it avoids checking your carrier (and device) during the update process. This is just to prevent you from flashing a ROM on a device or for a carrier you did not intend to. Once it's flashed it has no impact on the phone or webOS. You are safe to use this on a Sprint Pixi with Verizon radio module.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    awesome. thats all i wanted to know. thank you much
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Onlinespending, for my own research. these tokens are part of the pixie.xml file and there is nothing i have to copy to the image from my original sprint pixi?

so just to make sure I got this right.
    unpack original jar file
    patch it with make patch
    edit pixie.xml file and add tokens section
    make pack
    flash onto the phone

did i get the steps right?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Update- Finally swap is done and 100% working

Onlinetrading - your second restore jar did the trick.

so here are the steps that I took:

1) erase all data on current Sprint Pixi
    2) disassebly of both
    3) swap the radio, Power it on. Click next to activate the phone
    4) Shutdown Hybrid Pixi with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
    5) double click on the onlinetrading's Jar file that gitit20 uploaded , English, Accept, Next
    6) Hold Volume UP and power up Pixi to get to the USB Mode
    7) Next on the webosdoctor should be enabled now. Restore, reboot, get to the profile sign in screen.
    8) Power off again, download original sprint 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor file. Do a restore again
    9) sign in to my Palm profile and let it restore settings and download apps
    10) activate Wifi and test your Sprint navigation, phone functions, web, EVDO. I also did a PRL update and Network settings update.

Now its 100% working Sprint Pixi with Wifi

thanks again everybody for helping

Alex
  10.    #130  
    Update- Finally swap is done and 100% working

Onlinetrading - your second restore jar did the trick.

so here are the steps that I took:

1) erase all data on current Sprint Pixi
    2) disassebly of both
    3) swap the radio, Power it on. Click next to activate the phone
    4) Shutdown Hybrid Pixi with USB Cable connected to it and the computer
    5) double click on the onlinetrading's Jar file that gitit20 uploaded , English, Accept, Next
    6) Hold Volume UP and power up Pixi to get to the USB Mode
    7) Next on the webosdoctor should be enabled now. Restore, reboot, get to the profile sign in screen.
    8) Power off again, download original sprint 1.4.1.1 webosdoctor file. Do a restore again
    9) sign in to my Palm profile and let it restore settings and download apps
    10) activate Wifi and test your Sprint navigation, phone functions, web, EVDO. I also did a PRL update and Network settings update.

Now its 100% working Sprint Pixi with Wifi

thanks again everybody for helping

Alex
    Glad you were able to get it working nice having a pixi plus with wifi on sprint
  11.    #131  
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I was able to get Mobil Hotspot working on my Sprint Plam Pixi Hybrid with WiFi all i had to do was install com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv6.ipk once i did this i rebooted and all works well

for more info see this post Please note the different versions of freetetherd! One is for the armv7 CPU (Pre) and the Armv6 (PiXi)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

It also talks about a 3rd patch but it is no longer needed just the 2 files i told you about credit goes to those who made them files i am posting it here but will take them down if palm asks me too...

You will need to Unzip them before installing with WebOS Quick Install.

I do not think this will work on the Pixi Plus from Verizon it has a Mobil Hotspot app that needs to be removed before hand.
    Jack87 - what is in your custom rom?
    It is just stock webos dr removing carrier and device check while enabling first use app
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    ah cool. thanks
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I was able to get Mobil Hotspot working on my Sprint Plam Pixi Hybrid with WiFi all i had to do was install com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk and us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv6.ipk once i did this i rebooted and all works well

for more info see this post Please note the different versions of freetetherd! One is for the armv7 CPU (Pre) and the Armv6 (PiXi)

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

It also talks about a 3rd patch but it is no longer needed just the 2 files i told you about credit goes to those who made them files i am posting it here but will take them down if palm asks me too...

You will need to Unzip them before installing with WebOS Quick Install.

I do not think this will work on the Pixi Plus from Verizon it has a Mobil Hotspot app that needs to be removed before hand.
    Sweet. This is not needed on verizon Pixi +. It comes with it and its free so no need to hack it
  15.    #135  
    I tried both jack87's and Onlinespending's But jack is changing his rom to change the model number to P120EWW his will also have the activation bypass so for now use online spending's ROM and i will post jacks as soon as he gets it done and gives me a link

Make sure you thank both jack and onlinespending for there work
    Last edited by gitit20; 08/01/2010 at 02:18 AM.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    @gitit20; You deserve way more Thanks for this!
    Thanks bud
  17.    #137  
    So just wondering how many of you have done this as well?
    i'll be doing so this week if I can find a pixi plus radio board.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    i'll be doing so this week if I can find a pixi plus radio board.
    Check all the cell phone repair shops that's were i got mine from also bad esn pixi pluses for Verizon on eBay as well
    Will do. Thanks.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast