Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 309
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    So yeah, this LINK, mentions how you can change the tokens using /sbin/tokens, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I went with the webOS doctor method. Maybe you have to first edit them in /tmp/tokens and /dev/tokens and then run /sbin/tokens. Not entirely sure.

    As for removing the carrier check. You can use the meta-doctor, but you can also do so very easily without it. You'll need to edit the recoverytool.config under resources/ of the jar file (after unzipping it). I can't remember off the top of my head which line to remove, but I believe you want to remove the one that starts with ApprovalBuildName and ApprovalCharlieHash. You can sort of figure this out by peeking into the Makefile of meta-doctor if you can download it.

    Thanks for all your help for now i am going to bed and will mess with it while at work tomorrow will let you know how it goes should i remove all the approved lines or just the first one ?
  2.    #102  
    Hey guys i need to know what part of this config file i need to remove or edit to let it flash the sprint rom here is the config file

    RecoveryToolBuildNumber=230
    RecoveryToolBuildTime=03/25/10 17:42
    RomBuildNumber=225
    BaseBuild=webOS.tar
    CustomizationBuild=sprint.tar
    ForceModemUpdate=true
    AppSubmssion=60
    LibCoreSubmssion=67.1
    WcpSubmssion=18
    DeviceType=pixie
    ApprovalBuildName=H4sIAJ6gq0sAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ii21CXvJGmzFTrCIleWiBwnkRqLm9Y2pFGyjzf81A2dOMW2ftLGshj 45N5Wahxmt0/SVNgtmTOdTZ6b7JDhlrQ8uc2OzVsYG5zOlzUx7Ptz7W+y0Vp08ChkuUaqm/vYn9bWoRbqivv5i1q/kUkrsRW/vRXnRh1iJtolPnF4ed/uND/v8tPFpCKvFv5cCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49ARlhZa8AKAAA
    ApprovalCharlieHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3RTQ7CIBCGYY7CCSpUSm9hTDyAITppWIiG4s/xRV3qUrp6n80kk2/xTaZbHULOUfJ+s9t25VHU/5nKO/eadhxMnf3a9ea9//DK2n50dnDO1JwdvDdKmwZdvlznErLWKsstyv0Y5HROv3KSpphEckzTErWWMl/qRS2eDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABo6gmDHsDKACgAAA==
    ApprovalMikeHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3OvQrCMBiF4VxKrqAmaWKvwFUKDh2l0I9SsCnE+HP5Vt3ExaF1eZ/lwOEMp9iMUyen4/5QF/me1RLMbOv9M20VzJyu9M68+rdKWesqb4P3Zt7ZUJZOabPImw+Xc26T1irJdZBb18o4xW87if0QRdIQ+zVuraW2zuya5t83AAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA/egD8lGO/ACgAAA==
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    No, you'd have to revert the changes (or the token overwrites). You can do so by changing the 4 lines that I added in the pixie.xml file (located under resources/webOS) from this.

    For Sprint:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-03"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    to this.

    For Verizon:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Verizon"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-01"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    Ok i see what went wrong and why no doctor will work you changed the value to p200eww the verizon pixi plus is p121eww and the sprint pixi is p120eww how do i get this back to saying p120eww or p121eww since i can not get any doctor to work and i tried to delete the first line in the config file and it did not work
  4. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #104  
    Sprint pixi has a value of p200eww file name on palm site is:
    webosdoctorp200ewwsprint.jar
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Sprint pixi has a value of p200eww file name on palm site is:
    webosdoctorp200ewwsprint.jar
    Ok i will try that but the model number is now p120eww and p121eww for the sprint and verizon pixi been that way for 6 months now... they for some reason changed it no idea why. i still cant find that doctor file on palm
  6. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #106  
    according to: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    Sprint Pixi 1.4.1.1 is p200eww
    it was p120ewww only for 1.3.5.1
  7. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #107  
    Also if you look in Makefile in the meta-doctor stuff it also lists it as P200ew
    CODENAME = pixie
    ifeq (${CARRIER},sprint)
    MODEL = p200eww
    VERSION=1.4.1.1
    ifeq (${VERSION},1.3.5.1)
    MODEL = p120eww

    and here is for Pixi +
    ifeq (${CARRIER},verizonwireless)
    MODEL = p121eww
    VERSION=1.4.1.1
  8. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #108  
    Here is my question now.

    I got the ubuntu VM built, Cross platform metadoctor loaded, downloaded webosdoctor file for Sprint Pixi. Copied /tmp/tokens directory from my Pixi. Now I'm trying to figure out how to inject these into the new webosdoctor file that I can use to flash my Sprint Pixi with Verizon Pixi + radio board. Any suggestions?

    thanks

    Alex
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    No, you'd have to revert the changes (or the token overwrites). You can do so by changing the 4 lines that I added in the pixie.xml file (located under resources/webOS) from this.

    For Sprint:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-03"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    to this.

    For Verizon:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Verizon"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-01"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    Ok i need help no matter what i do i can not get any doctor to doctor this pixi after i downloaded this doctor file from onlinespending...

    i am not mad at ya this is a risk i took but the deal is before the flashing with the rom you provided. my pixi said it was a P121EWW (this is with the pixi radio board) in the device info section it showed up as a P121EWW

    after flashing it with your ROM that changed these values


    Code:

    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-03"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>


    Now in the device info section its showing as a P200EWW so it changed the model number to a P200EWW.

    Is the P200EWW just the doctor file name or what were does this come in to play? because on the pixi plus i pulled the board from it shows as a model P121EWW and on my pixi from sprint it was a model P120EWW

    Correct me if i am wrong but the model number should have not been changed to the P200EWW and that's why i think i am getting the error of this device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor

    because the model number has been changed to P200EWW the webos doctor throws this error am i right or wrong?

    With this also showing up as model P200EWW it will not let me sign in or create a profile

    Just wanted to add i have called Palm and even searched there site they told me they have never made a device with a model number of P200EWW just a webos Jar file with the name so i guess this is whats wrong with my pixi now...
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/30/2010 at 02:44 AM.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Also if you look in Makefile in the meta-doctor stuff it also lists it as P200ew
    CODENAME = pixie
    ifeq (${CARRIER},sprint)
    MODEL = p200eww
    VERSION=1.4.1.1
    ifeq (${VERSION},1.3.5.1)
    MODEL = p120eww

    and here is for Pixi +
    ifeq (${CARRIER},verizonwireless)
    MODEL = p121eww
    VERSION=1.4.1.1
    Check out this post just above this one and let me know what you think i dont think it should have been changed to the P200EWW model number with in the device
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Check out this post just above this one and let me know what you think i dont think it should have been changed to the P200EWW model number with in the device
    any luck at all with the doctor i sent you in PM?
    MatterOfFactJack
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    any luck at all with the doctor i sent you in PM?
    o I forgot about that haha I will try it tomorrow thanks its been a busy day and spaced out that you sent me that link...
  13. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #113  
    I just checked my hardware and model shows P120EWW. Weird
    but webosdoctor file lists it as p200eww
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Check out this post just above this one and let me know what you think i dont think it should have been changed to the P200EWW model number with in the device
    Hey gitit20. Maybe you're right. I'll create a webOS doctor for you that removes carrier checking and will update the model number to P120EWW. I'll send it to you in a PM shortly. Again, sorry for the aggravation. I can't help but feel responsible

    Gitit20, check your PM!
    Last edited by onlinespending; 07/30/2010 at 02:30 PM.
  15. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #115  
    so i started digging and here is what i found so far. I pulled /tmp/tokens folder from my Sprint Pixi and here are the values I have:

    DMCARRIER - Sprint
    DMMODEL - P120EWW
    PN - 180-10710-08
    PRODoID - P120EWW

    This is pulled from untouched Sprint Pixi running at webOS 1.4.1.1
    so the values in pixie.xml should be:

    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P120EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10710-08"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P120EWW"/>
  16.    #116  
    Hey guys just wanted to let you know that both Onlinespending and Jack87 both have working methods to getting the sprint rom on your phone.

    Credit for these working rom's go to Jack87 and onlinespending thank you guys very much.

    I am putting a small guide for the board swap and what to do with the doctor files after the swap.

    We now have a sprint plam pixi with a sprint rom with wifi...
  17. #117  
    great job everyone, now off the scrounge cell repair shops!
  18.    #118  
    Every thing is done and set up proper with the Sprint ROM Oh and yes it has WiFi now.

    Here is a guide to getting to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do

    1. You need a Pixi on Sprint

    2. Get your hands on a Pixi Plus radio board from Verizon (If you can try to do a full hard rest on the Pixi plus before the swap) I did not do this and there were photos of male genitalia on mine. What has been seen can't be unseen.

    3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @

    4. Use it as is with the Verizon ROM or flash it with this ROM here

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S

    This Rom will change your tokens to Sprint and Set the model number to P120EWW so that you can doctor it with the standard Sprint ROM Credit for this ROM goes to onlinespending

    Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM and will also post that as soon as i get his permission to do so.

    Again thanks to Jack87 and OnlineSpending for cooking these custom ROM's

    5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    Hey gitit20. Maybe you're right. I'll create a webOS doctor for you that removes carrier checking and will update the model number to P120EWW. I'll send it to you in a PM shortly. Again, sorry for the aggravation. I can't help but feel responsible

    Gitit20, check your PM!
    Intresting... the WebOS Dr I sent was set to P200eww.... and he reported it as working as well :-) but the one I sent removed both carrier checking and model check.. technically it would probably even install on a pre.

    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Every thing is done and set up proper with the Sprint ROM Oh and yes it has WiFi now.

    Here is a guide to getting to getting WiFi on your sprint Pixi just a quick list of what you need to do

    1. You need a Pixi on Sprint

    2. Get your hands on a Pixi Plus radio board from Verizon (If you can try to do a full hard rest on the Pixi plus before the swap) I did not do this and there were photos of male genitalia on mine. What has been seen can't be unseen.

    3. Do the swap as shown in the the video @

    4. Use it as is with the Verizon ROM or flash it with this ROM here

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OER5AP6S

    This Rom will change your tokens to Sprint and Set the model number to P120EWW so that you can doctor it with the standard Sprint ROM Credit for this ROM goes to onlinespending

    Jack87 has also made a great custom ROM and will also post that as soon as i get his permission to do so.

    Again thanks to Jack87 and OnlineSpending for cooking these custom ROM's

    5. Enjoy your pimped out Sprint Pixi Plus hybrid
    I like to mention that those Roms (WebOS Doctors) were made using Meta-Doctor.. Thanks WebOS Internals.
    Last edited by jack87; 07/31/2010 at 03:46 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20.    #120  
    o I did not see that but your rom did not change the model number and after your doctor ran it let me sign in to my profile just fine also showed as the P120EWW in device info what did you do different in your rom different from online spending? Config file and token overwrights? His first one changed the model number but yours did not?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions