Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    Try flashing this webOS doctor to your Pixi w/ Pixi+ radio board.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It's a Verizon Pixi+ webOS doctor but with the edits made for updating the Tokens to Sprint values. After you've done flashing this, try flashing the standard Sprint Pixi webOS doctor and see if that works. You should now have the Sprint webOS version on your hybrid Pixi full with Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and working WiFi.
    Which file(s) are modified in this Dr? Can they be replaced on other Drs? You said you have been doing this for a while, do the OTA updates work?
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Which file(s) are modified in this Dr? Can they be replaced on other Drs? You said you have been doing this for a while, do the OTA updates work?
    It modifies the pixie.xml file under resources/webOS. For the Pre it's castle.xml.

You'll find a "token" section under the "nvram" section. There you want to add lines such as the following.

Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Sprint"/>
    I modified the DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, and PRODoID tokens.

Yes, once you've successfully flashed a Sprint webOS doctor, the phone will appear as a Sprint device and future Sprint OTA updates will work. Good luck!
    It modifies the pixie.xml file under resources/webOS. For the Pre it's castle.xml.

You'll find a "token" section under the "nvram" section. There you want to add lines such as the following.

Code:
    I modified the DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, and PRODoID tokens.

Yes, once you've successfully flashed a Sprint webOS doctor, the phone will appear as a Sprint device and future Sprint OTA updates will work. Good luck!
    Thanks for the quick reply. One more question for you and I think I'm set to do this. How did you get Sprint to activate a Verizon device's ESN for you?
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Thanks for the quick reply. One more question for you and I think I'm set to do this. How did you get Sprint to activate a Verizon device's ESN for you?
    I didn't. If you swap just the radio module board from a Verizon Pixi+, but keep the main board of the Sprint Pixi you are using the Sprint ESN, but get the benefit of having WiFi.

Similarly, if you place a Sprint Pre's radio module board into a Verizon Pre+, you're using the Sprint's ESN but gaining the extra flash memory and RAM of the Pixi+ (not to mention the button-less gesture area).
  5.    #85  

It's a Verizon Pixi+ webOS doctor but with the edits made for updating the Tokens to Sprint values. After you've done flashing this, try flashing the standard Sprint Pixi webOS doctor and see if that works. You should now have the Sprint webOS version on your hybrid Pixi full with Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and working WiFi.
    Ok i will give this a try but can it be undone by re flashing the Verizon doctor on it?

Thanks Royce
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Ok i will give this a try but can it be undone by re flashing the Verizon doctor on it?

Thanks Royce
    No, you'd have to revert the changes (or the token overwrites). You can do so by changing the 4 lines that I added in the pixie.xml file (located under resources/webOS) from this.

For Sprint:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-03"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P200EWW"/>
    to this.

For Verizon:
    Code:
    <Val name="DMCARRIER" action="overwrite" value="Verizon"/>
    <Val name="DMMODEL" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    <Val name="PN" action="overwrite" value="180-10714-01"/>
    <Val name="PRODoID" action="overwrite" value="P121EWW"/>
    I didn't. If you swap just the radio module board from a Verizon Pixi+, but keep the main board of the Sprint Pixi you are using the Sprint ESN, but get the benefit of having WiFi.

Similarly, if you place a Sprint Pre's radio module board into a Verizon Pre+, you're using the Sprint's ESN but gaining the extra flash memory and RAM of the Pixi+ (not to mention the button-less gesture area).
    Sorry misunderstood your first post about using a Verizon Pixi. My main goal now will be locating a Verizon Radio cause i find it to be a waste to buy a whole Pixi+ when all I need is the radio. One more note, seems very strange to me that Palm would configure the 2 devices so backwards.
  8.    #88  
    Sorry misunderstood your first post about using a Verizon Pixi. My main goal now will be locating a Verizon Radio cause i find it to be a waste to buy a whole Pixi+ when all I need is the radio. One more note, seems very strange to me that Palm would configure the 2 devices so backwards.
    Ya that the best to do get one with a bad ESN or something that can not be activated on Verizon

Also wanted to tell you that the Ram is on the main board and the ESN or real name MEID is tied to the main board not the radio board the SN is tied to the Radio board but that's not used for for activation
  9.    #89  

Well this totally bricked my phone and no i cant doctor with either version sprint or Verizon doctor and i cant sign in to any of my palm profiles did you test this at all before posting this on here?

I was able to get into the device by using the activation bypass but now i cant doctor with the sprint or verizon doctor with it like this i can not get apps from the app catalog or use any of the palm profile features
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/29/2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Well this totally bricked my phone and no i cant doctor with either version sprint or Verizon doctor and i cant sign in to any of my palm profiles did you test this at all before posting this on here?
    No I hadn't tested that particular .jar file, though the process of editing the pixie.xml file is simple and I've done it before at least a couple of times without any problems. I posted that link after receiving a PM from kalex asking if I could send him a webOS doctor with the token edits, so I figured I'd share it for everyone else.

What happened after you flashed the jar I provided? Did that at least finish completely? It certainly doesn't sound as if you "bricked" your Pixi as you claim, as you were able to get it to power and bring up the profile login screen.

If none of the official webOS doctors work, then you may need to bypass carrier checking. You can learn how to edit a webOS doctor .jar file to remove carrier checking here.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Eventually you could do a combination of removing carrier checking and updating the tokens to restore the values to the original Sprint values. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll remove the link in the meantime.
  11.    #91  
    No I hadn't tested that particular .jar file, though the process of editing the pixie.xml file is simple and I've done it before at least a couple of times without any problems. I posted that link after receiving a PM from kalex asking if I could send him a webOS doctor with the token edits, so I figured I'd share it for everyone else.

What happened after you flashed the jar I provided? Did that at least finish completely? It certainly doesn't sound as if you "bricked" your Pixi as you claim, as you were able to get it to power and bring up the profile login screen.

If none of the official webOS doctors work, then you may need to bypass carrier checking. You can learn how to edit a webOS doctor .jar file to remove carrier checking here.

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Eventually you could do a combination of removing carrier checking and updating the tokens to restore the values to the original Sprint values. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'll remove the link in the meantime.
    I was able to get it past the sign in screen by using the activation bypass hack but now i cant do anything with the app catalog or my palm profiles will try that link.

after it did not work i went to recovery mode and tried to flash it with the verizon doctor that was working before i tried all 6 doctor versions for the pixi and no go

I don't use Linux so how can i make a version of the sprint pixi doctor just install the sprint version will this also install the wifi apps as needed?

all that command stuff is over my head virtual machines and what not cant i just edit an XML to make it install the doctor with out checking if it is a sprint or Verizon or any other cell provider?

Also one more question when i used that doctor you provided did it just change the info on my radio board or did it change stuff on my mother board as well? and other then the method in that link is there any way of getting it back to normal sprint tokens because my main board was a sprint pixi main board and the radio was from a Verizon pixi plus
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gitit20; 07/29/2010 at 01:21 AM.
    I was able to get it past the sign in screen by using the activation bypass hack but now i cant do anything with the app catalog or my palm profiles will try that link.

after it did not work i went to recovery mode and tried to flash it with the verizon doctor that was working before i tried all 6 doctor versions for the pixi and no go

I don't use Linux so how can i make a version of the sprint pixi doctor just install the sprint version will this also install the wifi apps as needed?

all that command stuff is over my head virtual machines and what not cant i just edit an XML to make it install the doctor with out checking if it is a sprint or Verizon or any other cell provider?

Also one more question when i used that doctor you provided did it just change the info on my radio board or did it change stuff on my mother boards as well? and other then the method in that link is there any way of getting it back to normal sprint tokens because my main board was a sprint pixi main board and the radio was from a Verizon pixi plus

If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily un-install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

In response to your last question... you can take a look at this.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...oader_Recovery

So what exactly is going on anyway? EDIT: Haha I just saw the screenshot... does it do that with sprint doctor to?
    Last edited by jack87; 07/29/2010 at 01:38 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

So what exactly is going on anyway? EDIT: Haha I just saw the screenshot... does it do that with sprint doctor to?
    Thanks for the info the deal is now every doctor i use thinks its not the right device all i want to do at this point is get the tokens back to what they were so it will work again but i am not sure because after the radio swap only the Verizon Doctor worked now none of them work at all so i guess i would want to use a sprint doctor that does not check what device it is but i don't know how to do that really lol i played with ubuntu a bit but i don't know it at all. Thanks for all you help
  14.    #94  
    If you want to create your own Meta Doctor or edit the current one you just used you need linux to make life easy. Follow the instructions for WUBI (I wrote those hehe) ignore virtual machine. although it says ubuntu 9.04 the link points to the newest version (10.04) Wubi allows you to install ubuntu as if it was another windows program and you can easily un-install it if you wanted to from your control panel.

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals

Your up late Mr. Jack its ok i guess i am too haha any ways i put my Sprint radio back in and guess what it lets me doctor it with just the sprint doctor so it did not change nothing on my main board (breaths a sigh of relief) I guess with that doctor i down loaded something was not right in the tokens and now it can not be recognized by any doctor program the pixi plus radio i mean. So now the question how can i get it to be able to be flashed with either the Verizon Doctor or the Sprint doctor but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol
    Thanks for the info the deal is now every doctor i use thinks its not the right device all i want to do at this point is get the tokens back to what they were so it will work again but i am not sure because after the radio swap only the Verizon Doctor worked now none of them work at all so i guess i would want to use a sprint doctor that does not check what device it is but i don't know how to do that really lol i played with ubuntu a bit but i don't know it at all. Thanks for all you help
    So yeah, this LINK, mentions how you can change the tokens using /sbin/tokens, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I went with the webOS doctor method. Maybe you have to first edit them in /tmp/tokens and /dev/tokens and then run /sbin/tokens. Not entirely sure.

As for removing the carrier check. You can use the meta-doctor, but you can also do so very easily without it. You'll need to edit the recoverytool.config under resources/ of the jar file (after unzipping it). I can't remember off the top of my head which line to remove, but I believe you want to remove the one that starts with ApprovalBuildName and ApprovalCharlieHash. You can sort of figure this out by peeking into the Makefile of meta-doctor if you can download it.
    but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol
    It should. I am using a Pixi+ board with Sprint doctor and WiFi works. Starting with the more recent builds of webOS, Palm kept the code the same between the Sprint and Pixi versions. It has the WiFi code and hooks in there even for the Sprint version.
  17.    #97  
    So yeah, this LINK, mentions how you can change the tokens using /sbin/tokens, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I went with the webOS doctor method. Maybe you have to first edit them in /tmp/tokens and /dev/tokens and then run /sbin/tokens. Not entirely sure.

As for removing the carrier check. You can use the meta-doctor, but you can also do so very easily without it. You'll need to edit the recoverytool.config under resources/ of the jar file (after unzipping it). I can't remember off the top of my head which line to remove, but I believe you want to remove the one that starts with ApprovalBuildName and ApprovalCharlieHash. You can sort of figure this out by peeking into the Makefile of meta-doctor if you can download it.
    That token stuff is over my head i am not good with Linux i guess i need a Sprint doctor that will restore the tokens to sprint and also will not check for what pixi i have i will look in to that about removing the check but i still need something to restore the tokens i guess but i dont know how to do that
    Your up late Mr. Jack its ok i guess i am too haha any ways i put my Sprint radio back in and guess what it lets me doctor it with just the sprint doctor so it did not change nothing on my main board (breaths a sigh of relief) I guess with that doctor i down loaded something was not right in the tokens and now it can not be recognized by any doctor program the pixi plus radio i mean. So now the question how can i get it to be able to be flashed with either the Verizon Doctor or the Sprint doctor but again will the sprint doctor install wifi? thats the question lol
    I am up late! my little bro is flying in from armenia hsi been away for bit more then a year.. was supposed to land at midnight but flight got delayed to 2am now... lame!

anyway i am trying to figure out how to do tokens.. I am glad to hear that its only the com board thats being wonky... I am almost sure it is reversible if you bare with me i can try to figure it out. (maybe more experienced users have a solution please speak up). I do suggest installing ubuntu via WUBI and meta doctor and all and practicing yourself. huge learning experience and its fun.

When i was poking around the sprint pixi doctor it had wifi app in it... so thats a good sign! I am not sure if it has the wifi driver or not i would assume so if not I am really close with Aonic (creator of my tether if you have herd of it) and he poked around in the drivers a ton maybe i can get his help if we need the driver.

Now do keep in mind i will not be able to test anything considering i dont have a pixi/pixi plus board haha so that will be up to you. I cant give you an exact time frame either as I am very busy but hopefully sooner then later as i do have a big interest in this myself... i love tinkering hardware! haha and id love for yours to be fully functional.
    MatterOfFactJack
  19.    #99  
    Here is the config file

RecoveryToolBuildNumber=230
    RecoveryToolBuildTime=03/25/10 17:42
    RomBuildNumber=225
    BaseBuild=webOS.tar
    CustomizationBuild=sprint.tar
    ForceModemUpdate=true
    AppSubmssion=60
    LibCoreSubmssion=67.1
    WcpSubmssion=18
    DeviceType=pixie
    ApprovalBuildName=H4sIAJ6gq0sAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ii21CXvJGmzFTrCIleWiBwnkRqLm9Y2pFGyjzf81A2dOMW2ftLGshj 45N5Wahxmt0/SVNgtmTOdTZ6b7JDhlrQ8uc2OzVsYG5zOlzUx7Ptz7W+y0Vp08ChkuUaqm/vYn9bWoRbqivv5i1q/kUkrsRW/vRXnRh1iJtolPnF4ed/uND/v8tPFpCKvFv5cCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49ARlhZa8AKAAA
    ApprovalCharlieHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3RTQ7CIBCGYY7CCSpUSm9hTDyAITppWIiG4s/xRV3qUrp6n80kk2/xTaZbHULOUfJ+s9t25VHU/5nKO/eadhxMnf3a9ea9//DK2n50dnDO1JwdvDdKmwZdvlznErLWKsstyv0Y5HROv3KSpphEckzTErWWMl/qRS2eDgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABo6gmDHsDKACgAAA==
    ApprovalMikeHash=H4sIAJ+gq0sAA+3OvQrCMBiF4VxKrqAmaWKvwFUKDh2l0I9SsCnE+HP5Vt3ExaF1eZ/lwOEMp9iMUyen4/5QF/me1RLMbOv9M20VzJyu9M68+rdKWesqb4P3Zt7ZUJZOabPImw+Xc26T1irJdZBb18o4xW87if0QRdIQ+zVuraW2zuya5t83AAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAA/egD8lGO/ACgAAA==

Its not to long so do i just remove this whole part and it should work?

ApprovalBuildName=H4sIAJ6gq0sAA+3OuwrCQBSE4a19ii21CXvJGmzFTrCIleWiBwnkRqLm9Y2pFGyjzf81A2dOMW2ftLGshj 45N5Wahxmt0/SVNgtmTOdTZ6b7JDhlrQ8uc2OzVsYG5zOlzUx7Ptz7W+y0Vp08ChkuUaqm/vYn9bWoRbqivv5i1q/kUkrsRW/vRXnRh1iJtolPnF4ed/uND/v8tPFpCKvFv5cCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49ARlhZa8AKAAA
  20.    #100  
    I am up late! my little bro is flying in from armenia hsi been away for bit more then a year.. was supposed to land at midnight but flight got delayed to 2am now... lame!

anyway i am trying to figure out how to do tokens.. I am glad to hear that its only the com board thats being wonky... I am almost sure it is reversible if you bare with me i can try to figure it out. (maybe more experienced users have a solution please speak up). I do suggest installing ubuntu via WUBI and meta doctor and all and practicing yourself. huge learning experience and its fun.

When i was poking around the sprint pixi doctor it had wifi app in it... so thats a good sign! I am not sure if it has the wifi driver or not i would assume so if not I am really close with Aonic (creator of my tether if you have herd of it) and he poked around in the drivers a ton maybe i can get his help if we need the driver.

Now do keep in mind i will not be able to test anything considering i dont have a pixi/pixi plus board haha so that will be up to you. I cant give you an exact time frame either as I am very busy but hopefully sooner then later as i do have a big interest in this myself... i love tinkering hardware! haha and id love for yours to be fully functional.
    Thanks i will play around with this i think if i remove this from the config file in the sprint doctor it would work right?

I will play around with the ubuntu thing and see what i can do i am good with windows and windows command line but not linux i have never messed with anything like this before. far as tokens and what not.

SOrry to here that he has been delayed hope you have a good time seeing him
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast