Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    how much did you pay for your radio board from the repair shop?
    This one was free the others were 10 bucks for 2 more i am modding some friends pixi's as well
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Wow thats pretty cheap. nice find. does that place have anymore?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I am working on that i will let you all know here after a bit other the the 2 apps (VZW nav and hot spot there is no other difference so just adding sprint nav would be easy i think once i got it and packed it in to a nice little package.

Also i am wondering if i can unpack a Doctor file and remove the VZW nav and add the Sprint nav that's a thought too
    You can unpack the Doctor file. i did it
    it's too bad you don't have acess to a VZW pixi to try and load the Sprint ROM and see if it by chance recognizes the wifi. Then you could Dr. It back to VZW if it didn't. This is what I'm waiting for someone to try. If by chance the Sprint Pixi can be Dr'd after the wifi is added and have Sprint Nav, I'd be all over it.

would your friends at the cell repair shop let you use a VZW pixi for just such an experiment?

thanks for all the work on this. Neat stuff.
    Nope sorry thats a no go the radio board on the pre and pixi are not the same
    Ok but how to get just the Solid State Drive (SSD) chip, a 16GB for instance and just replace it on the radio board of the Palm Pixi Plus.
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Ok but how to get just the Solid State Drive (SSD) chip, a 16GB for instance and just replace it on the radio board of the Palm Pixi Plus.
    See http://forums.precentral.net/2577134-post60.html

Just assuming it would be a similar process as the the radio board is super tiny.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Dude you are all over google.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    What's sad?

the fact that the Pixi + board is not inter-changechable with the Pre+'s
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
    Download Sprint Doctor, open with winrar, or something equivalent. Navigate to resources>Sprint.tar. There's two ipks dealing with Sprint nav. I'm assuming just install through WOSQI.
  10.    #70  
    Hey Guys i tried to do the doctor tonight it does not work with the sprint doctor but it does with the Verizon just wanted to let ya know it goes through ok but it does not work with the Verizon board So once you do the swap just leave it with the Verizon ROM i am still working on a way to get sprint nave to work i am getting close i think will keep you all posted
    Why not just get a Palm Pre... I have had 0 issues and have wifi.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Hey Guys i tried to do the doctor tonight it does not work with the sprint doctor but it does with the Verizon just wanted to let ya know it goes through ok but it does not work with the Verizon board So once you do the swap just leave it with the Verizon ROM i am still working on a way to get sprint nave to work i am getting close i think will keep you all posted
    Thanks for trying.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Why not just get a Palm Pre... I have had 0 issues and have wifi.
    I have both and prefer Pixi over Pre. Only show stopper for me was lack of Wifi but that is no longer an issue.
    Glad to see you were able to get WiFi working on a Sprint Pixi. I've been using a Verizon Pixi+ with WiFi on Sprint with a Sprint ROM for months now. In order to flash a Sprint ROM, you'll need to update the hardware Tokens of the device. And even though it's the Sprint ROM it does have all the code and hooks in there to support WiFi, so you shouldn't have to install anything after the fact. For more information on updating the Tokens, look here.

Last Resort Emergency BootLoader Recovery - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    onlinespending - can you post a little howto as to the steps needed. Are you running full verizon Pixi+ with sprint rom or did u remove the radio, installed it on Sprint Pixi and flashed it with Sprint ROM?
    Last edited by kalex; 07/28/2010 at 01:38 PM.
    kalex - you can do both but there's really no point in taking an entire Verizon Pixi+ and putting it on Sprint. That involves changing the MEID which can be considered illegal.

i've also had a Pre+ on Sprint for several months and it's really fortuitous how Palm decided to modularize the Pre and the Pixi. The Pixi's radio board contains the radio chip, wifi chip, and flash memory. What's on the main board is the NVRAM which contains such carrier specific info as the MEID. This is what makes it so painless to add WiFi but still have it appear to be a Sprint phone by keeping the main board. You only need to get around flashing a Sprint ROM to it which can be done using the method I described in my last post.

The Pre's radio module on the other hand contains the radio chips, and NVRAM, but not the flash memory. This again makes it easy to take a Sprint Pre radio module, place it in a Pre+, and you'll get double flash memory and double SRAM. Thankfully the NVRAM is part of the radio module and not the main board or otherwise you'd have to resort to changing the MEID. Similarly though, you'd have to get around flashing the Sprint ROM to this, but i've been able to do that as well.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pointers. I thought that Pre+ and Pixi Plus both had double the RAM of Pre/Pixi, but if Pixi is the same as Pixi Plus then there is no point to use Pixi Plus. I'll just remove the radio part and install it into my sprint Pixi.
    Now I need to figure out this token thing
    This stuff is getting way over my head.
    As much as I would like wifi, I'm not interested in buying any new hardware just to cannibalize a wifi-containing chip.

I think I'll just hang out and wait for the next webOS device. Hopefully it'll have wifi, will be 4G and contain all sorts of awesome.
    yeah the pixi and pixi+ both have the same amount of flash memory (8GB). Only difference is the WiFi.
    Try flashing this webOS doctor to your Pixi w/ Pixi+ radio board.

It's a Verizon Pixi+ webOS doctor but with the edits made for updating the Tokens to Sprint values. After you've done flashing this, try flashing the standard Sprint Pixi webOS doctor and see if that works. You should now have the Sprint webOS version on your hybrid Pixi full with Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, and working WiFi.
    Last edited by onlinespending; 07/29/2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Link removed because it may not be working properly
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast