Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 309
  1. #41  
    Would this at all effect when webOS 1.5 comes to the device? If it were to come to Sprint before Verizon would you have to wait?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think so. But you can somewhat easily use a Pre Plus on Sprint by swapping out some hardware.
    I have three other phones not using. A pre plus, and two palm pres'. I would have to see a video or instructions. :-)
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I have three other phones not using. A pre plus, and two palm pres'. I would have to see a video or instructions. :-)
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2571805

    As long as you are patient and careful, the process seems very simple and quick.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattflick819 View Post
    Would this at all effect when webOS 1.5 comes to the device? If it were to come to Sprint before Verizon would you have to wait?
    I can not say till the update comes out
  5. #45  
    No way for a patch to be made? or somehow replace the data on the verizon board for sprint?
  6. #46  
    how much did you pay for your radio board from the repair shop?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    how much did you pay for your radio board from the repair shop?
    He gave that one to me for free for fixing up his Palm pixi
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by WDC44 View Post
    No way for a patch to be made? or somehow replace the data on the verizon board for sprint?
    For now i have left the Verizon ROM on the radio board no probs sept for the nav...

    works 100% Sept the nav in order to get it to work we would have to have an IPK to install the sprint nav or install the sprint ROM and make a patch or IPK to install the wifi program on the sprint ROM either is good
  9. nullr's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattflick819 View Post
    Would this at all effect when webOS 1.5 comes to the device? If it were to come to Sprint before Verizon would you have to wait?
    LOL at implying that an this would be an issue any time soon.
  10.    #50  
    Hey guys an update Sorry i been using the term ESN same thing really but its really the MEID number also same as the IMEI number on GSM phones just wanted to clear that up sorry for the miss use of the term the phones are activated using the MEID numbers SN will show as the verizon but that does not matter is what matters is the MEID thats tied to the Main board the main board also has all the settings for sprint as well so it automatically set the radio to the settings for sprint even though it has the Verizon ROM.

    To get this puppy 100% perfect we can go about it 2 ways I prefer the first method

    1: Remove VZW Nav and install the Sprint Nav then Remove Mobil Hot Spot as the Verizon version does not work on Sprint.

    2: Doctor it with the Sprint ROM and Install the Verizon WIFI app to enable wifi controls. (That's if it does not install it when doctored with the sprint rom) So far i am happy with the way it works and is snappy (more so then before)
  11. #52  
    I think the quickest 'fix' would be to remove verizon nav and put in sprint nav. More thought out 'fix' would be to remove verizon code(?) from the board and just replace it with sprint leaving the wifi controls intact.

    I need to learn how make patches.
  12. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #53  
    Any ideas on how to get sprint nav ipk file?
    I got verizon pixi on its way and will swap the radio module when it arrives so that my sprint pixi will have wifi.
  13. #54  
    Why not just doctor with the sprint software then add wifi? Then you'd be running the correct software for your carrier and it would be more like a sprint with wifi than a verizon on a sprint. Just a thought :-), but great job on the discovery and props for getting onto engadget
  14. #55  
    Another (possibly very) stupid question:

    If the modules (or whatever you call them) are identical except for the actual wifi radio, is it an option just to add the wifi radio somehow instead of changing out the whole shebang? Or am I missing something?
  15. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Why not just doctor with the sprint software then add wifi? Then you'd be running the correct software for your carrier and it would be more like a sprint with wifi than a verizon on a sprint. Just a thought :-), but great job on the discovery and props for getting onto engadget
    great idea. any ideas how to extract and install wifi drivers?
  16. #57  
    Can you SSH into the phone and locate it? If i knew the port stuff i have Winscp on my computer because I SSH into my ipod/iphones all the time.
  17.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Why not just doctor with the sprint software then add wifi? Then you'd be running the correct software for your carrier and it would be more like a sprint with wifi than a verizon on a sprint. Just a thought :-), but great job on the discovery and props for getting onto engadget
    Thanks but when doctored with the sprint rom would not have the wifi control's
  18.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Another (possibly very) stupid question:

    If the modules (or whatever you call them) are identical except for the actual wifi radio, is it an option just to add the wifi radio somehow instead of changing out the whole shebang? Or am I missing something?
    Well unless you have a micro solder station 2 to 3 k and a flow solder station 4 to 5 k then NO lol its a lot harder then you think you would have to swap the chip and also a lot of small resistors and so on that are surface mount not easy to do
  19.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    great idea. any ideas how to extract and install wifi drivers?
    I am working on that i will let you all know here after a bit other the the 2 apps (VZW nav and hot spot there is no other difference so just adding sprint nav would be easy i think once i got it and packed it in to a nice little package.

    Also i am wondering if i can unpack a Doctor file and remove the VZW nav and add the Sprint nav that's a thought too
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions