Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 309
  1. TinyTot2's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #21  
    OMG, this thread comes just as I was about to post that I think I had to switch to a Pre because my Sprint Pixi's battery is draining too fast due to cruddy Sprint data at my house.

    Thanks so much for your research and testing! I'm going to try this out. You may have saved my Pixi!
  2. #22  
    @gitit20; You deserve way more Thanks for this!
  3. #23  
    OFFICIAL STUPID QUESTION(S) OF THIS THREAD:

    So...I got a lot of apps and I have Preware and a few patches installed. What happens to all that? I figure the "official" Palm catalog apps are backed up to my profile, correct? What about the other stuff? If I did this, what would I do, step by step, after the new card was installed?

    Maybe I need a new "for Dummies" thread...?
  4. lotuskid's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #24  
    This is awesome! Time to scour the interwebs for cheap pixi's

    @gitit20 have you been able to confirm that hotspot works? That is one of the features I miss most from my pre, tethering to my ipad

    And can I clarify again, GPS services work right? It's just Sprint Nav that disappears, and verizon telenav doesnt work since it's a subscription. So in other words, google maps will stll work, and apps that use location services will still work?

    Thanks again! The video makes it look so simple, the gadget geek in me is excited about the prospects of hardware hacking =)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    gitit20, I take it that none of the apps that utilize location services work then?
    google maps work so does the weather app only app i can not get to work is the Vzw nav and that's because it wants me to pay lol GPS works
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    OFFICIAL STUPID QUESTION(S) OF THIS THREAD:

    So...I got a lot of apps and I have Preware and a few patches installed. What happens to all that? I figure the "official" Palm catalog apps are backed up to my profile, correct? What about the other stuff? If I did this, what would I do, step by step, after the new card was installed?

    Maybe I need a new "for Dummies" thread...?
    Yes your bought apps will re-download its basically like getting a new pixi you have to go in to dev mode and what not and patch it all again all your pics will still be on the old radio board since the SSD is on the radio board its got the sprint rom and all your files on it. I have not yet doctored with the sprint rom to see if it will work or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhaqq View Post
    This is awesome! Time to scour the interwebs for cheap pixi's

    @gitit20 have you been able to confirm that hotspot works? That is one of the features I miss most from my pre, tethering to my ipad

    And can I clarify again, GPS services work right? It's just Sprint Nav that disappears, and verizon telenav doesnt work since it's a subscription. So in other words, google maps will stll work, and apps that use location services will still work?

    Thanks again! The video makes it look so simple, the gadget geek in me is excited about the prospects of hardware hacking =)
    The GPS works just that the Vzw Navigation does not it wants me to pay when you swap the radio boards it has the Verizon ROM so you will be having the Verizon 1.4.1.1 The only difference i have noticed is that the hot spot app is there and the Vzw navigation and also the wifi I could not get the hot spot app to work it needs to be patched
  7.    #27  
    Hey guys i just wanted to say it may be a good idea to doctor your Pixi plus if you can before you install the radio board in the sprint pixi when i did mine it was just like new because i signed in to a new profile but the usb drive still had pics from the other user (what has been seen cant be unseen) so either do a full hard reset before you do the swap or go in to recover mode and do it that way if you cant get past the activation screen on the Verizon pixi plus.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey guys i just wanted to say it may be a good idea to doctor your Pixi plus if you can before you install the radio board in the sprint pixi when i did mine it was just like new because i signed in to a new profile but the usb drive still had pics from the other user (what has been seen cant be unseen) so either do a full hard reset before you do the swap or go in to recover mode and do it that way if you cant get past the activation screen on the Verizon pixi plus.
    Good call. I ALWAYS wipe my devices before I give/sell them to someone else. Why others do not we may never know. Please make sure to let us know if the Sprint Dr works when you do it. Thanks again for your hard work.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Good call. I ALWAYS wipe my devices before I give/sell them to someone else. Why others do not we may never know. Please make sure to let us know if the Sprint Dr works when you do it. Thanks again for your hard work.
    Ok will do i am scared too because i don't want to loos wifi
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Ok will do i am scared too because i don't want to loos wifi
    If all goes to hell can't you just toss it back in the Verizon Pixi and Dr it for Verizon? This is pretty much what you will have to do anyway if the Sprint versions won't work right? Just thinking out loud.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Thank you very much
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    If all goes to hell can't you just toss it back in the Verizon Pixi and Dr it for Verizon? This is pretty much what you will have to do anyway if the Sprint versions won't work right? Just thinking out loud.
    Yes but i don't have a Verizon Pixi just the radio board
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ureasycar_Unpapyday View Post
    Hey Guys! Just wanted to say hello to the new community . Thanks for letting me in!
    Welcome and enjoy
  14. #34  
    That's awesome, now is it possible to change a pre to a plus.
  15. errbin's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    #35  
    great advice all around
  16. TinyTot2's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #36  
    Too bad we can't take the board out of a Sprint Pre and insert that into a Sprint Pixi. I'd have much better luck getting ahold of a Sprint phone over a Verizon one where I live.

    The search is on, though, the search is on!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have seen the light!

    You sir are a king!

    THANK YOU!
  18. #38  
    I am impressed once again with the techies on Precentral. Thank you for the video also. You have a talent for teaching.
  19. #39  
    I would do this in a heartbeat if you find a way to get Sprint Nav to work. I use it a lot! Great stuff. Thanks.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    That's awesome, now is it possible to change a pre to a plus.
    I don't think so. But you can somewhat easily use a Pre Plus on Sprint by swapping out some hardware.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions