Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Just use the instructions in the first post. They have been kept up to date.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Ok. Will do. One more verification. When performing the sprint webos doctor step, will the WiFi control app from verizon be on the franken-phone or would that need to be re-installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Just use the instructions in the first post. They have been kept up to date.
    When I did mine, the WiFi control app automagically appeared. I think it's built in to the OS and appears when a WiFi radio is detected.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Who knows for certain what size torx screwdriver size is required for the cover screws?

Thanks in Advance
    T5. I bought one of these from Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_239384-16878...ductId=1067905
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    ok so I've read 95 % of this posting involving the board swap to enable WiFi on a sprint Pixi and in some of these posts people have asked if 2 clean unactivated phones( a sprint Pixi and a Verizon Pixi plus) can be merged to make a sprint Pixi with WiFi and have not seen a clear answer. So my question is this ... If I have currently a brand new Verizon Pixi plus, can I doctor or flash it to be a sprint Pixi or will I need to get a sprint Pixi with a working com board activate this on sprint & create a new profile( as I'm making this a new phone phone for my son to lay to rest his old Samsung highnote )and then do the swap of the Pixi plus WiFi board to the sprint board as it is described in the original OP
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I need a answer to this question:

I have made a Pixi Plus on Sprint and it worked when I was using it. After a month or so, it now is unactivated and sitting in a box. A friend of mine needs a Pixi to replace her broken one. Is it possible for me to simply give her this pixi and let her doctor it using the latest Sprint Pixi Doctor? Or do I need some other crazy instruction.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    She should just be able to wipe the phone and then have Sprint activate it. * Not much need to Doctor it. * Did you have themes and patches installed?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    She should just be able to wipe the phone and then have Sprint activate it. * Not much need to Doctor it. * Did you have themes and patches installed?

I do actually. That's why I'm saying that she should just wipe it with a clean webOS doctor (Sprint version). Just worried that it will mess up anything I've done. But I don't think so.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    I do actually. That's why I'm saying that she should just wipe it with a clean webOS doctor (Sprint version). Just worried that it will mess up anything I've done. But I don't think so.
    The Doctor does not always erase your media. I always remove themes, EPR, Secure Erase then would Dr. The normal Sprint Dr is fine at this point.

Sprint uses the MEID that is under the battery to activate the phone.

Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    The Doctor does not always erase your media. I always remove themes, EPR, Secure Erase then would Dr. The normal Sprint Dr is fine at this point.

Sprint uses the MEID that is under the battery to activate the phone.

When I mean go wrong, I mean cause this is a Pixi plus on Sprint. I followed the instructions and got it working as such. Just didn't know that once you do it once, you never have to worry about it. Which is what I"m gathering. It will just be like Sprint came out with a Pixi with wifi. So a typical doctor will not affect anything that deals with the wifi chip.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    I understand. *I have made several WIFI Pixi's. *The normal Sprint 1.4.5 Doctor is all you need at this point. *WIFI is checked by the Sprint Dr and used if it is available. *I still recommend clearing out everything as I suggested before.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I finally got around to making my pixi a FrankenPixiPlus and it is working great. Thanks again to gitit20, OnlineSpending, Jack87, and all the folks at WebOS Internalz.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    mine is up and running as of a couple of weeks ago as well!
    Very cool! Thanks!
    My WiFi on my Plussified Sprint Pixi is no longer working. Getting another Verizon Pixi Plus to donate another radio and will try it again.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Did you also have uberkernel? Overclocking?

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    My WiFi on my Plussified Sprint Pixi is no longer working. Getting another Verizon Pixi Plus to donate another radio and will try it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by citabjockey View Post
    Did you also have uberkernel? Overclocking?
    Yes. Actually the problem is fixed now that I have doctored my Pixi, leaving off Uberkernel. I put Preware and all my patches back and WiFi is still working. Overclocking didn't seem to make much of an improvement anyway, and I'm much happier to have WiFi.

Of course now I have a new-in-box VZW Pixi Plus I got off Dailysteals for $40 sitting on my desk that I no longer need.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    please don't be missing around
    Lol deja vu

Touchscreens are a fad.
    Could we get some mirrors since Megaupload is no longer up? Thank you!