Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Well been reading through these posts for adding WIFI to my daughter's Pixi. Got the a broken Verizon on the way here. I want to make sure I have everything straight.

I have downloaded the modified Doctor (MEGAUPLOAD) file and will Dr the Pixi to this. I believe it is 1.4.1.1 and then OTA update it to 1.4.5.

Will the Pixi then have all the correct files for WIFI and Sprint NAV after this process is complete or will the Sprint Pixi Doctor remove the WIFI?
    yes your right its pretty much that easy and sprint nav works its just like it was before just with wifi
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by TZeruk View Post
    Wow ... I just did this and it is beyond easy.

Thanks so much!!
    your welcome bud glad i could help...
    finally found a good deal on a bad ESN Pixi Plus and will be doing the mod tomorrow. $15 on Ebay. Got the two Drs on my computer ready to go. All my files are backed up too. Now I need to get my app and patch lists prepped. Then I'm ready to doctor away. That's providing I have the right torx bit. Anyone know the right size off hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    finally found a good deal on a bad ESN Pixi Plus and will be doing the mod tomorrow. $15 on Ebay. Got the two Drs on my computer ready to go. All my files are backed up too. Now I need to get my app and patch lists prepped. Then I'm ready to doctor away. That's providing I have the right torx bit. Anyone know the right size off hand?
    #5 will work just fine. Good Luck.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    thanks! Unfortunately I think the smallest I have is a #6. Off to the Shack.
    I've done the work before with a flathead screwdriver from one of those eyeglass repair kits.
    Thanks. I might give that a try.
    Well a small phillips screwdriver did the trick. Installation was a breeze. Now on to the double doctoring and restoring everything.
    finished up and everything works great. It's amazing how much better battery life is when you have a good wifi signal! Thanks to everyone who figured this mod out. Feels like a new device.!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Digging up this thread because after the surgery, I have a verizon pixi (-) and want to put the VZ branded webOS on there. Is there a modified version of 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5 available like the one we used for sprint (i.e. the process in reverse) or do I have to try and build it myself :O
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    sooo close...the screw holding the sprint radio board in place just wont budge and it is very close to being stripped so I threw in the towel.

bummed...
    My phone is flashed to another network will this swap affect the new network i have?
    OK, getting ready for round 2. Plussed my daughters phone 2 months ago and it has been working great. Looking to do another and have a working Sprint Pixi and bad Verizon in the mail to me.

When I converted the first phone it was already on an active Sprint account. Now this new phone is not on account. Am I still able to follow the same steps as outlined here in the first post or in #129 or will the steps fail as the account is not active.

I want to be able to get the phone swap completed first instead of activating a new Sprint account and then taking the phone apart.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    OK, getting ready for round 2. Plussed my daughters phone 2 months ago and it has been working great. Looking to do another and have a working Sprint Pixi and bad Verizon in the mail to me.

When I converted the first phone it was already on an active Sprint account. Now this new phone is not on account. Am I still able to follow the same steps as outlined here in the first post or in #129 or will the steps fail as the account is not active.

I want to be able to get the phone swap completed first instead of activating a new Sprint account and then taking the phone apart.
    This is fine. I did a couple this way.
  15.    #235  
    Ya that will work just fine...

16.    #236  
    It only does that when bluetooth is on

Quote Originally Posted by yisroel1 View Post
    Gitit20 Thanks!!! works great. 1 thing though; Whenever I connect something to my pixi's network, I get the following message:

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help.

The connection works anyway, but is there a way to avoid that? Do you have that problem as well.....

Here is a screen capture:
    tinypic.com/r/xl0bvc/7
  17.    #237  
    yes it does just used the radio board then you can sell the screen and other parts on ebay haha

Quote Originally Posted by TZeruk View Post
    This is really really cool.

I just ordered a Pixi after my Epic 4G broke ... hated that thing anyway. My wife has a Pre Plus on Verizon and I've always loved webOS.

When my phone comes in, I'm definitely going to do this. One question though, if I order a verizon pixi plus that's advertised as having a bad ESN on ebay (they're by far the cheapest) ... will that still work?

Thanks! Can't wait to join the webOS community!
  18.    #238  
    No the spring update will not remove wifi :/) all you have to is the radio board swap doctor it then update it your good to go

Well been reading through these posts for adding WIFI to my daughter's Pixi. Got the a broken Verizon on the way here. I want to make sure I have everything straight.

I have downloaded the modified Doctor (MEGAUPLOAD) file and will Dr the Pixi to this. I believe it is 1.4.1.1 and then OTA update it to 1.4.5.

Will the Pixi then have all the correct files for WIFI and Sprint NAV after this process is complete or will the Sprint Pixi Doctor remove the WIFI?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    It'll work with either, but I did my work with the 1.4.5 doctor.
    If you send me a link to the new 1.4.5 doctor i can post that in the OP save people from having to update after the job is done...
    Does this method swap CPU's too? is it on the radio board? Or is it on another part of the phone?