Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 309
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Hey guys i just wanted to say it may be a good idea to doctor your Pixi plus if you can before you install the radio board in the sprint pixi when i did mine it was just like new because i signed in to a new profile but the usb drive still had pics from the other user (what has been seen cant be unseen) so either do a full hard reset before you do the swap or go in to recover mode and do it that way if you cant get past the activation screen on the Verizon pixi plus.
    Sorry to refer so far back in this thread, but I was reading the beginnings of this amazing journey in Pixi-land, and When I read this, I had to laugh! But also shudder...you obviously have been scarred now...we are sorry for the effects...or affects...that seeing the pre-user's (see how I made a pun there...since we are talking about a Pixi...nevermind, dumb pun) photos may have caused.

    It reminds me of a time a co-worker and I were riding a subway in NYC, stopped at Penn Station and he had to visit the restroom...and he had to 'sit down' on his visit. When he came out of the bathroom, he said he looked for the stall that appeared least likely to cause him a health crisis...and he still had to 'levitate' above the receptacle. He said he saw things...and that he will never be the same. In retrospect, he would have 'waited' for a more 'amenable' facility.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  2. #202  
    Thinking about doing this to my daughters Sprint Pixi. Has anyone tested OpenSSH SFTP & Filezilla with it. Does it work? I use it so much to copy jpg's, movies from the Pre's that I have I would sure like to be able to do this with her Pixi.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  3. #203  
    Well been reading through these posts for adding WIFI to my daughter's Pixi. Got the a broken Verizon on the way here. I want to make sure I have everything straight.

    I have downloaded the modified Doctor (MEGAUPLOAD) file and will Dr the Pixi to this. I believe it is 1.4.1.1 and then OTA update it to 1.4.5.

    Will the Pixi then have all the correct files for WIFI and Sprint NAV after this process is complete or will the Sprint Pixi Doctor remove the WIFI?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  4. TZeruk
    TZeruk's Avatar
    #204  
    Wow ... I just did this and it is beyond easy.

    Thanks so much!!
  5. #205  
    gitit20, Thanks so much for the video and the MEGAUPLOAD file. Also to kalex for his additional step by step http://forums.precentral.net/2584018-post129.html #129

    Completed this on Monday and been testing for the last several days.

    Everything is working great.

    Also for some reason the Pixi works faster the then my Sprint Pre Plus with the NEW freeTether
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  6. #206  
    This really should be sticky and I really can't see how its not after all this time.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  7. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #207  
    craftsman: let me get this straight. You just followed the youtube video and the instructinos from post 129? why is the megaupload file needed?

    EDIT: can someone also show me a post that details how to backup my sprint tokens before doing this just in case? Thanks
    Last edited by Rkguy; 01/14/2011 at 10:36 PM.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    craftsman: let me get this straight. You just followed the youtube video and the instructinos from post 129? why is the megaupload file needed?
    If I understand the directions correctly the Megaupload file has the Verizon's tokens changed so you can DR the phone to think it is a Sprint Pixi. The ROM is on the com board so this is necessary if you want to be able to properly Doctor it later with a Sprint Pixi Doctor. This should allow normal OTA updates later as well.

    If you just switch the boards the phone will run as in the video but the software thinks its still a Verizon version and you wont have Sprint Navigation, Sprint Football or Sprint TV available. Two of which I use (Nav and TV).

    I Doctored the phone twice following the instructions in #129 . 1st Megaupload then the normal Sprint Pixi 1.4.5 doctor (1.4.1.1 was in 129 #8) but I used 1.4.5 and it worked fine.

    I believe the Megaupload is version 1.4.1.1 and not 1.4.5 so Doctoring the second time got me to the most recent OS version.

    I hope this answers your questions.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  9. #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    can someone also show me a post that details how to backup my sprint tokens before doing this just in case? Thanks
    Installing and using "Show Properties" is the easiest method.
  10. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Installing and using "Show Properties" is the easiest method.
    hey thanks. done. i think i am going to read through this thread a little more because if i have the wireless tokens, can't i swap boards, then change the tokens then it will let me update to 1.4.5 sprint?\\seems faster
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
  11. #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    hey thanks. done. i think i am going to read through this thread a little more because if i have the wireless tokens, can't i swap boards, then change the tokens then it will let me update to 1.4.5 sprint?\\seems faster
    The usual method of changing the tokens is to use MetaDoctor to build a custom webos-doctor for your device. I did that instead of using the Megaupload file.

    I've always wondered what happens if you just used Internalz or Novaterm to copy and overwrite the tokens manually and then rebooted ...
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    hey thanks. done. i think i am going to read through this thread a little more because if i have the wireless tokens, can't i swap boards, then change the tokens then it will let me update to 1.4.5 sprint?\\seems faster
    I am curious as just what was changed in the Megaupload file. I believe it was only 1.4.1.1 with the tokens (pixi.xml 4 lines) changed just to make it think it is a P120EWW so further Doctors 1.4.5 can take place. Remember most of the phone data is on the main board not the com board on the Pixi. This is different then the Pre. I did not need to add any tokens.

    Also unless onlinespending or jack87 somehow added wifi parts to the doctor for their megauploads I believed it is just a part of the check the OS does regardless of what carrier version you are running. I did not need to add back any files (Sprint Nav, TV or WIFI) they are just a part of the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor. 1.4.5 must just have a check is there a WIFI chip y/n. If yes the add it to the device menu. That simple.

    I did not have to worry about any tokens being copied over using the megaupload.

    I think reading through the threads and the steps taken with the trial and error can confuse you more then just following what I did and posted yesterday.

    Even so I would also like to know just what you would need to do with meta-doctor with a 1.4.5 Sprint rom so you could eliminate the 2 doctor process.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I am curious as just what was changed in the Megaupload file. I believe it was only 1.4.1.1 with the tokens (pixi.xml 4 lines) changed just to make it think it is a P120EWW so further Doctors 1.4.5 can take place. Remember most of the phone data is on the main board not the com board on the Pixi. This is different then the Pre. I did not need to add any tokens.

    Also unless onlinespending or jack87 somehow added wifi parts to the doctor for their megauploads I believed it is just a part of the check the OS does regardless of what carrier version you are running. I did not need to add back any files (Sprint Nav, TV or WIFI) they are just a part of the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor. 1.4.5 must just have a check is there a WIFI chip y/n. If yes the add it to the device menu. That simple.

    I did not have to worry about any tokens being copied over using the megaupload.

    I think reading through the threads and the steps taken with the trial and error can confuse you more then just following what I did and posted yesterday.

    Even so I would also like to know just what you would need to do with meta-doctor with a 1.4.5 Sprint rom so you could eliminate the 2 doctor process.
    I basically did the meta-doctor process for the Pre conversion, except that I only used the 4 tokens indicated in this thread (DMCARRIER, DMMODEL, PN, PRODoID). These 4 tokens are universal for all Sprint Pixi's, so in the case of a Pixi, it isn't strictly necessary to grab a backup copy of all the original tokens (as it is with the Pre's). Still I'd rather have the original information than not have it, which is why I have a backup copy of all those original tokens from both originating phones.

    Using MetaDoctor won't save from needing to run two Doctors though. The first time you have to turn off the model check to get it to run and do the overwrite of the model information. The second time the stock doctor can be used (or you can use a modified doctor, so you can do things like auto-install Preware), to get the phone into Sprint-specific, stock-like shape.
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    Using MetaDoctor won't save from needing to run two Doctors though. The first time you have to turn off the model check to get it to run and do the overwrite of the model information. The second time the stock doctor can be used (or you can use a modified doctor, so you can do things like auto-install Preware), to get the phone into Sprint-specific, stock-like shape.
    Yep, forgot after the bypass you still need to Doctor again.

    Did you meta-doctor a 1.4.5 or 1.4.1.1 Doctor?
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Yep, forgot after the bypass you still need to Doctor again.

    Did you meta-doctor a 1.4.5 or 1.4.1.1 Doctor?
    It'll work with either, but I did my work with the 1.4.5 doctor.
  16. Lkr
    Lkr is offline
    Lkr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #216  
    is there a cheaper way of getting the radio than buying a pixi plus?
  17. #217  
    After looking on ebay for only about a week, I bought a Verizon Pixi Plus with a broken screen for only $30. How much cheaper could you go? A little bit of patience and you will find a simular deal on ebay I am sure.

    Search for "broken pixi plus" or "bad esn pixi plus".
  18. #218  
    Ebay is the place to go. Got a Verizon Pixi broken screen and bad ESN for 18.49 + shipping from AlltechWholesale.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  19. Lkr
    Lkr is offline
    Lkr's Avatar
    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    After looking on ebay for only about a week, I bought a Verizon Pixi Plus with a broken screen for only $30. How much cheaper could you go? A little bit of patience and you will find a simular deal on ebay I am sure.

    Search for "broken pixi plus" or "bad esn pixi plus".
    i never even thought about doing this haha
    i found one that is a 'for parts' sale for under $5, i'll bid on it closer to close. hopefully the radio board works
    Last edited by Lkr; 01/24/2011 at 10:02 PM.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sorry to refer so far back in this thread, but I was reading the beginnings of this amazing journey in Pixi-land, and When I read this, I had to laugh! But also shudder...you obviously have been scarred now...we are sorry for the effects...or affects...that seeing the pre-user's (see how I made a pun there...since we are talking about a Pixi...nevermind, dumb pun) photos may have caused.

    It reminds me of a time a co-worker and I were riding a subway in NYC, stopped at Penn Station and he had to visit the restroom...and he had to 'sit down' on his visit. When he came out of the bathroom, he said he looked for the stall that appeared least likely to cause him a health crisis...and he still had to 'levitate' above the receptacle. He said he saw things...and that he will never be the same. In retrospect, he would have 'waited' for a more 'amenable' facility.
    LOL its all good I i still use my pixi every day at work for a hotspot and yes there were BAD photos on that board was rather frighting... I am scared for life... :P
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI

Posting Permissions