Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    OK... I have the radio board installed. It works like a charm. Thats the easy part. for people that want a quick upgrade stop there.

I want this sucker to hum along like it was before the WIFI board upgrade which entails a whole lotta tweaking that I had perfected before the board swap.

I doctored the rom with OnlineSpendings ROM which seems to be the 1.41 version rather than 1.45. Is there anyway to get this rom updated to the new OS version so the next upgraders don't have to go thru the painfully slow 1.45 update??

I'm connecting to my home wireless network but I'm haveing some "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED" issues.
    This seems to be a communication problem between the pixi and my 2WIRE router (AT&T u-verse)... Not related to this actual board swap, this is an IP issue which I need to sort out...many have complained about this issue on this forum and this may have to do with my router setup.
    I was hoping the 1.45 update would fix the issue, but it didn't.

update: I now am logged on to the web I had to find the actual IP address assigned to my phone by my modem and then entered that into the phone manually and it connected... Thats great for now.... at least I know it works for sure. But I'm not sure thats the way I want this to work.I'd like this thing to be able to handshake automatically like my laptop would.

If anyone has any insight into this WIFI issue please enlighten me.

This radio board makes my pixi far snappier than its ever been I can't believe how fast I'm loading stuff from preware. It's faster right now than it was before, and I had Govnah tweaked pretty good with the pixi kernel and memory management.

Enough rambling for now.
    IP error is most likely because something else has the same IP at some point in time I have never had this prob but at the coffee shop turns out they use a 2 wire modem as well does the same thing with the pre I have as well... its nothing to do with the pixi or pixi plus radio board or the OS you loaded onto it. I may cook a newer rom for this project if i get the time... but it only takes 15 or so min to update to the new version or you can just doctor it again after loading the rom that changes it to all the sprint tokens

Part of the reason the pixi is faster after the swap is because the nand flash chip on the Plus radio board is a newer generation chip and has a faster read wright speed still the same 8gb though
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by onemadrssn View Post
    Question: After loading the custom ROM from the OP onto the pixi, does using a standard stock palm doctor work properly? If I were to download the stock 1.4.5 doctor form palm, would I still have the wifi app and such?

This question is really more regarding updating to Plam webOS 2.0 in the future. If I want to do a clean install of webOS2.0, would this modification get in my way.

I understand that OTA updates work fine, I am curious about doctoring the pixi.
    Yes you can update to the new os updates as they come out you can doctor to a stock pixi rom for the sprint pixi and you will still have wifi
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    @gitit20: You're right... This IP error has everything to do with my wireless router, nothing to do with the swap. This is a sweet deal.

The snappier performance was a pleasant surprise.

I bought 2 broken verizon pixi plus off ebay for about $30 total w/shipping for both. When I got them they both included batteries and chargers which wasn't included according to the listing. as it turns out they both worked fine except the ESNs were dead. Now I have 2 parts phones. I'm ecstatic.
    Now I have to do my wifes phone.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    @gitit20: You're right... This IP error has everything to do with my wireless router, nothing to do with the swap. This is a sweet deal.

The snappier performance was a pleasant surprise.

I bought 2 broken verizon pixi plus off ebay for about $30 total w/shipping for both. When I got them they both included batteries and chargers which wasn't included according to the listing. as it turns out they both worked fine except the ESNs were dead. Now I have 2 parts phones. I'm ecstatic.
    Now I have to do my wifes phone.
    Thats good I sold off all the screens and digas from the plus mods i got about 30 pre plus mobos sitting around lol back covers and what not its crazy lol
    enjoying my fully-functional frankenpixi (that's what i am going to call it now). wifi works perfectly, loaded on the stock 1.4.5 webos after doing all the necessary steps and it worked fine.

wifi mod + latest overclockable uberkernel = i'm ready for webOS 2.0

i am writing this comment on my laptop wifi connected to my sprint pixi via mobile hotspot :-) verrrry happpyy
    I just got my new radio board and I got wifi working great and even gps is sprint so everything is great but where can i find mobile hotspot for my pixi? So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you again for the awsome video and easy video on installing the radio board
    djrms357-- check several pages back in this thread.
    This is so great thank you soooooooooooooo much everyone that made my pixi a cool new phone now. I was so upset that I had it but now wifi, and hot spot I can wait till 2012 ( next upgrade) for the 4g phone Thank god I know someone who works at verizon tech department for the free radio board.
    Finally did this and it works like a charm. Replaced the digi on another Pixi with the same donor phone. I think I can completely take one apart blindfolded now.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Has anyone found an easy way to get their hands on a Radio Board from a pixi plus? Besides buying an entire phone?

-thanks
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    lol. Buy pixi plus is your easiest way of getting it
    Thank You so so much gitit20 for this discovery im kinda late here but i just did this yesterday and got it working 100%. Also great thanks to onlinestandings for his ROM without him i would'nt have even done this.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by ry5838 View Post
    Thank You so so much gitit20 for this discovery im kinda late here but i just did this yesterday and got it working 100%. Also great thanks to onlinestandings for his ROM without him i would'nt have even done this.
    Your welcome glad i was able to help you out... My next job will be getting a Verizon pre 2 on sprint cant wait (Evil Sounding Laugh)
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by djrms357 View Post
    This is so great thank you soooooooooooooo much everyone that made my pixi a cool new phone now. I was so upset that I had it but now wifi, and hot spot I can wait till 2012 ( next upgrade) for the 4g phone Thank god I know someone who works at verizon tech department for the free radio board.
    Thanks for the kind words bud glad i was able to help.... Enjoy your new Hybrid...
    I woulda given you my wifi radio from my pre, it never works anyway lol but I suspect thats mostly an iptables error
    Just swapped in a verizon board into my sprint pixi, following the most recently updated instruction set. Worked without a problem.

Anyone looking for cheap verizon pixi phones, should look on eBay. I bought mine from a seller named blue dot for 35$. Only bad thing is that the phone was described as broken, but didn't specify what was broken, luckily mine was a broken screen, and not internal components.

Thanks gitit20 and all involved for the write up and video.
    I am somewhat confused. If I Dr the Sprint Pixi after installing the wifi board from the Verizon with the Sprint 1.4.5 Dr it will not work unless I have installed the modified 1.4.1.1 first? Does it verify the carrier based on the radio board when you first doctor it?
    Gitit20 Thanks!!! works great. 1 thing though; Whenever I connect something to my pixi's network, I get the following message:

Auth Error
    Your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact sprint for help.

The connection works anyway, but is there a way to avoid that? Do you have that problem as well.....

Here is a screen capture:
    tinypic.com/r/xl0bvc/7
  19. TZeruk
    This is really really cool.

I just ordered a Pixi after my Epic 4G broke ... hated that thing anyway. My wife has a Pre Plus on Verizon and I've always loved webOS.

When my phone comes in, I'm definitely going to do this. One question though, if I order a verizon pixi plus that's advertised as having a bad ESN on ebay (they're by far the cheapest) ... will that still work?

Thanks! Can't wait to join the webOS community!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Yes it will, because the wi-fi card is on the radio boaard which is separate from the main board. Good luck.

Vic
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast