1.    #1  
    going to be getting my 4th palm pixi here either tomorrow or monday and when I was on the phone with the Multiple exchange rep I asked if I could pull the lemon factor and get a different phone. His response was surprisingly great. He said if the next one has an issue, which if it's a referb there is a problem that I could either get a palm pre or a samsung moment. With moment being up to 2.1 I'm kind of at a lost for what to do. I would love to move on up to the pre although the reliability of the moment is egging me on. That's why I'm going to ask you guys, what's the better choice? The Pre? Or the Samsung Moment
    Well you ARE on a Pre forum Honestly... I think the newer Pre's are built very well. I exchanged mine a couple of times and then got a replacement (new) Pre. All of the issues of the past devices had disappeared. The Moment is a good phone, but webOS is so far ahead that I'd have an incredibly hard time moving away from it. Now with new hardware being hinted at coming out in next 4 months or so... I'd think that would be a great incentive to grab a Pre! But the ultimate decision is yours... do what will make YOU happy in the long run.
    I was in this position too. I went through three Pixis and was tired of it. I went with the Moment because of Android. Thousands of apps, widgets, customization, and great ROMS to try (if your into that). I personally think you should go with the Moment, but if you are in love with Webos go with the Pre...... You know what, just go with the Moment.

ps. Webos is only ahead in the viewing of multitasking. As far as usability and functionality, Android triumphs it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Well you ARE on a Pre forum Honestly... I think the newer Pre's are built very well. I exchanged mine a couple of times and then got a replacement (new) Pre. All of the issues of the past devices had disappeared. The Moment is a good phone, but webOS is so far ahead that I'd have an incredibly hard time moving away from it. Now with new hardware being hinted at coming out in next 4 months or so... I'd think that would be a great incentive to grab a Pre! But the ultimate decision is yours... do what will make YOU happy in the long run.
    well I know I'm a die hard webos fan although do to this being a multiple exchange it wouldn't relock me into a contract but I would be ready for an upgrade in nov. Anyone else have words to say? Aim to be unbias
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I was in this position too. I went through three Pixis and was tired of it. I went with the Moment because of Android. Thousands of apps, widgets, customization, and great ROMS to try (if your into that). I personally think you should go with the Moment, but if you are in love with Webos go with the Pre...... You know what, just go with the Moment.

ps. Webos is only ahead in the viewing of multitasking. As far as usability and functionality, Android triumphs it.
    can you insight me on any hardware issues? Does it lag? Hows the quality of the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    ...Webos is only ahead in the viewing of multitasking. As far as usability and functionality, Android triumphs it.
    It's a personal decision about that... I came from using Android and find webOS far beyond in usability, elegance, and simplicity. You may feel differently - it's all in the eye of the beholder. OP...whatever OS you pick, as long as you enjoy it - that's what its all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanoff123 View Post
    can you insight me on any hardware issues? Does it lag? Hows the quality of the phone?
    It doesn't really at lag. I haven't had my phone on stock android 2.1 since I got the phone so I wouldn't know about stock. Sometimes you may get something called cdma lockup, and that's when your data stops working. But that has been rare for me. But a problem for some. And my phone is holding up quite nice. But then again I haven't drop my phone on cement or concrete... yet. And I have had it for about 2 1/2 months.

ALSO NO MULTITOUCH! Couldn't forget about that!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's a personal decision about that... I came from using Android and find webOS far beyond in usability, elegance, and simplicity. You may feel differently - it's all in the eye of the beholder. OP...whatever OS you pick, as long as you enjoy it - that's what its all about.
    I can respect that. But I was talking more about features. And if Android is somehow messing something, there is always an app to fix it. Not the case with Webos. But webos is better at the viewing of multitasking and ease of use. But that's not saying Android is hard to use, cause it really isn't at all. And I'm going to assume the OP is a smart person and he can probably tackle any OS.
  9.    #9  
    I hope to be working in the cell phone tech world soon. Trying to get a job with sprint. I know a boat load abour every OS So thanks for the compliment
    you DO know where you are right now right?

stick with us Pre-ple
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    WHAT? did you have the homebrew n mojo sdk running? i find that there's a HB fix for every glitch that comes w/ each update and it usually in within the same day.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    WHAT? did you have the homebrew n mojo sdk running? i find that there's a HB fix for every glitch that comes w/ each update and it usually in within the same day.
    of course I know how to homebrew. The reasons why this phone is getting replaced is because of hardware related issues such as stuck in head seat mode and vibrate toggle switch is broken. Had the phone for a matter of 2 days and I wanna chuck it up against the wall
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    you DO know where you are right now right?

stick with us Pre-ple
    can you explain why I should stick around? The pre has a ***** ton of problems,as for the moment? I would like to know. Webos is a great OS so even if I do part ways I'll be back when upgrading.
    can you explain why I should stick around? The pre has a ***** ton of problems,as for the moment? I would like to know. Webos is a great OS so even if I do part ways I'll be back when upgrading.
    Since I don't have problems with my Moment, people here might have them. Samsung Moment - Android Forums and here is a dedicated site to the Moment SDX-Developers
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    My girl friend has the Moment and I have a Pixi. I do not like the lack of multi-touch, mainly pinch zooming. Its frustrating surfing the web on it, its not as easy to resize a site to your liking. I also can not stand having to constantly use the App Killer either, she always has so much crap running and it gets very very slow and unresponsive. And the way they handle multitasking is lacking sparkle. webOS is way more fun to use.

If you are going to come back to webOS for the new hardware down the road anyway, why not try something new and go with Andriod to check it out. No one can honestly say any OS is the best without trying others, some suit people different.
  16.    #16  
    [QUOTE=koolkid09;2572684]Since I don't have problems with my Moment, people here might have them. [url= Moment - Android Forums[/url] and here is a dedicated site to the Moment [url=

Thanks kool, I have come to the choice and I have gotta say ater reading the article I'm gonna choose the pre if I get another defect. The moment seemed like it had more issues then the pre overall. Thanks everyone!
    I'm in about the same position right now myself, and am about to get a 3rd Pixi because of having basically the same hardware issues with each replacement. My only problem is to either get a new phone now, or wait 'til the end of the year and see what HP rolls out?
    stuck in head seat mode
    LOL... there are a whole lot of folks who post on the PreCentral forums that are continually stuck in "head SEAT" mode.