Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have this problem, my pixi plus (VZ) reboots seemingly randomly. I have noticed it when I am running a GPS app, but I have also noticed it when I have a couple of apps open, like music playing and responding to an email or a text or something like that. Or after hanging up on a call I received while other apps were open.

There's probably nothing I can do about this right? Just crappy, buggy webos and 2nd rate hardware?
    Yeah I've had the same problem and called tech support and they said that this shouldn't be happening and to take the battery out for a few seconds and put it back in. If you just got it there is a thirty day policy to take it back. This problem stopped happening when I took the induction cover off (touchstone. And make sure your back isis all the way on
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and took it to Sprint and it turned out to be a hardware problem, so they replaced it with a refurbished one. I had insurance as well so that also helped. So far so good, I'd say go back to where you purchased your Pixi and insist on them to physically check it out.
    I get the same problem on my at&t Palm Pixi Plus. This constant reboot is annoying at times, but I don't know if everyone has notice that when the reboot happens, it's quick as compared to a full re-start, how strange can that be?
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I get the same problem on my at&t Palm Pixi Plus. This constant reboot is annoying at times, but I don't know if everyone has notice that when the reboot happens, it's quick as compared to a full re-start, how strange can that be?
    Mine has never crashed
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    uhhh like 2 times but it was interference
    My Pixi+ (VZW) used to do this before, when I had 3-4 apps open, and I resolved the issue by pulling the battery.

I power off and pull the battery once a week which seems to help with the phone's efficiency, since I do not want to mod a company purchased phone.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

my pixi would reboot or power off almost every time I put it in my pocket I was going to return it but I read about the pre having a sort of loose battery issue, so I thought I'd try their suggestion of placing a folded piece of paper on the one side of the battery to force the battery against the contacts a bit more, and it solved my issue, has not shut off or rebooted since.(like 4 months)
    I have a palm pixi plus for verizon. too, had this problem with my phone. What I realized is that if you look, there is a gap between the battery, and whatever the battery connects to. What causes the turning off, is that when you put it in your pocket, the phone is constantly moving around and the battery separates (even for a millisecond) from the connector. So what I did was I ripped a piece of a piece of paper, and folded it a couple times and stuck it between the gap and now it hasn't rebooted at all. Hope this works .
    Kudos to you.