Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    This is bonkers. The last couple of days, my Pixi has been launching applications ON ITS OWN. I mean, I'll hear my phone make a sound and when I take it out of my pocket to see what's happening, the screen is on, and there are four or five cards open! Today, my google maps asked me if I wanted to allow GPS location services, which was fine, if I was actually using google maps! When I discarded the google maps card (which was the only one open), it looked like a ghost was tapping my screen in random places! You could see the concentric circles, as though a finger was moving around and touching the screen. It was really creepy; I expected it to say "I AM SAM!" a thousand times. They were real taps, as well, because the screen never dimmed, even though I left it on the counter for over five minutes in this condition.

Anyway, I restarted it and it's not doing it now, but...

Has anyone out there ever had this happen to them, or do you have ideas on what might have caused this?
    tim
    It has happened to a few people one person that i know of finally replaced the phone. My guess is either a lot of build up on the screen or the screen is separating from the touch sensors and allowing air into it causing the sensors to think there is a tap going on.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    There were some screen protectors that were doing things like this. There is a thread somewhere.

You have the spookiest sounding phone
    haha sounds like a weird problem. my old LG Dare had a similar problem it had a screen protector on it. maybe could cause the problems.

just hope that the ghost doesn't work its way toward you
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I do have a screen protector on it. If it starts doing this again, I will remove it and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick replies, all!
    tim
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I haven't had this problem since I stopped using the Touchstone and the Touchstone back cover.
    get a priest over there right away.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Nice, Dave! Now, I need a phone exorcist???
    tim
    My theory is that just installing the screen protector can cause damage to the screen, what with trying to get rid of bubbles and all. I put those things on my first pre and had to replace for the same reason. I wonder if anyone has this problem who had never installed a svreen protector.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, so it did it again tonight. I went to remove the screen protector (which I had personally put two weeks ago) and if it's on there, I can't even find it!!! There is no edge of any kind, and if you hold it up to the light, you see nothing-- no edge, no variation, nothing. Maybe I AM cracking up.
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    OK, so it did it again tonight. I went to remove the screen protector (which I had personally put two weeks ago) and if it's on there, I can't even find it!!! There is no edge of any kind, and if you hold it up to the light, you see nothing-- no edge, no variation, nothing. Maybe I AM cracking up.
    oh noes! the ghost is possessing you now! lol

either two things happened here: (1) the ghost took the screen protector off or (2)vyou know how to put a screen protector on pretty good :P
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Third party/non-Palm charger will do this too.
    I am only using Palm cables, Touchstones, and a Touchstone back cover. Thanks for the tip, though. I am really grabbing at straws, right now.
    tim
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I stated earlier that my Pixi stopped doing this once I changed back to the original back cover and stopped using the Touchstone. Have you tried that?
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    I stated earlier that my Pixi stopped doing this once I changed back to the original back cover and stopped using the Touchstone. Have you tried that?
    Not yet. I have been trying to change only one variable at a time. (I am also hoping yours ISN'T the solution, as I really love the Touchstone!)
    tim
    This happened to my Pre plus on 2 separate occasions for about 30 seconds each time. It went away on it's own and hasn't happened again in a long while. Also, both those times was when my phone was plugged into the wall charger.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    Not yet. I have been trying to change only one variable at a time. (I am also hoping yours ISN'T the solution, as I really love the Touchstone!)
    My Pixi always seemed super warm after using the Touchstone, so I was wonder if it was over-heating.

Now that I think about it, I did not have the problem until I moved my Touchstone to a different outlet in a different room. I'll move it back and see if the self-depreciating occurs again
    mine did that once, but the ghost never returned after a reboot. i have always had a screen protector on but i think its just webos showing us her crazy side once in a blue moon
    Nothing that holy water cant fix. The Power of Christ and Steve Jobs Compels You.
    This can be caused buy a static cling protector
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Nothing that holy water cant fix. The Power of Christ and Steve Jobs Compels You.
    hahah! lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast