Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I highly doubt that it is worth your time or money to go to small claims court over $100. Besides the fact that the best you would get out of it is your $100 back. It is the least cost to him to pay you back, as opposed to pay his bill off for you.

If anything I would go to Sprint and somehow get them against him, and maybe they would help you out, simply because he owes them money, and they might be recouping some of it through profit from you as a customer.
    That's the issue. Sprint won't do anything outside of put him in collections. That doesn't solve the OP's issue in any way. I'd take him to small claims and get my money back. Instead of being out $100, he'll be out time and aggravation. At least the OP could get his $100 and court costs back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Several members have also recommended that you meet the seller at your carrier's store before you hand over the money to ensure that the phone can be activated on your account. Good neutral territory.

I know it doesn't help much right now, but we all learn from our fellow members' experiences.
    This is a smart idea.

As much as you want to trust other people, you just can not. Good luck in court.

I wish Sprint would change this policy and make it easier to swap over phones. I love the SIM card concept, the card is tied to your account, not the phone.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    OP is screwed. whenever I buy a phone of craigslist I ask for ESN before i pay the person. then I do online chat and ask the rep if ESN is clean. I actually did it yesterday, bought a Pixi of craigslist and ESN is clean
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12