Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I know people used to mod old Palms like this guy. It is the only thing holding my back from buying the Pixi Plus.

I have 16GB in my Centro and I'm stuck, I need the space for music etc. Is there any way to upgrade the memory inside the Pixi/Pixi Plus? Can't be too hard right?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    There is no way to upgrade the memory in fact a few people looked into it with the pre and 13 months later still nothing
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Eff, it's got to be possible for a genius somewhere...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    You could get a free dropbox account which could hold 2 gigs and at least be able to have 10gigs for the Pixi or use grooveshark or pandora to not have to store any music on the Pixi at all
    Ampache Mobile FTW

Can stream audio as well as properly formatted video.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/21/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Or Ampache I knew I was forgetting something
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Huh. I always assumed that the Pixi Plus gained the 16gb storage capacity, as the Sprint Pre to Pre Plus went from 8gb to 16gb. I cannot find that referenced anywhere though, so I must be mistaken. But why not just go Pre Plus? It's free through HP.com ..
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Gah, first double post. Mods can delete this if seen
    Last edited by azumak; 07/21/2010 at 04:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I would stream but in Australia, unlimited plans are rare or obscene. I need localised content.

I wish they'd have done that. I would go Pre but I don't want moving parts, and I love the form factor of the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Understandable, I definitely dig the Pixi form factor, only the screen size bugs me after almost a year with a Pre. I always enjoy using my girlfriend's Pixi. I just assumed PixiPlus got the same memory upgrade, seems like a no-brainer to me.. ah well. Nothing beats onboard memory, but with Dropbox, Zumodrive cloud-storage and Ampache/etc streamers there's always options for more... as well as 1000's of web radio station to pick from in various ways.
    Lack of storage has never been important to me. I have a separate MP3 player and so have never relied on my phone for music storage. I mostly keep pics and a few ringtones on my phone.

It does seem a huge oversight on Palm's side to not include an SD port, which was rectified with the Plus. This definably could have kept a lot of users from buying.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davecttt View Post

It does seem a huge oversight on Palm's side to not include an SD port, which was rectified with the Plus.
    You kid right? SD slot rectified on the Plus?

Does anyone know who looked into the memory upgrade previously?