Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    I need to mass save/copy/move my sms text messages from my Pixi to my PC or cloud - in a readable format so that I can read these texts on my PC and print them out. I want to see the text body, sender, date, and time. Android has an app for this which copies ALL texts to your Gmail account (for example) which is effortless and awesome. Does anyone have a solution for Pixi? Palm and Sprint do not - most unfortunately. (Forwarding one text at a time to email will not help me.) Thanks for any/all assistance.
    do a screen shot of it then got to ur photos and there will be a file called screen captures touch the file t
    then send it to ur email then downloaded to ur computer
    Quote Originally Posted by deputy40 View Post
    do a screen shot of it then got to ur photos and there will be a file called screen captures touch the file t
    then send it to ur email then downloaded to ur computer
    That's a really really bad idea.

You're most likely going to want to go to the Top Left where it says Messaging, tap that, go to Edit > Select All. Paste that in an email, then scroll up to where it stopped and select all again. That's a pretty quick way.

I think a few people actually found the files where the texts are backed up. Not totally sure how that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    i like this idea
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    You can see how to back up your text message and call log here.

Check my signature for a link to a project we'd like to happen regarding sms backup.
    I just tried that and it seems to save all the information about the messages, perfect!
  7.    #7  
    I really appreciate everyone's replies thus far. A very sincere thanks for your ideas. Deputy40 - nice idea, but I need a MASS transfer/save/copy and that method would take 500 screen shots - at least. It does work however, so thanks for that. Jackeeeee - That was great! The tip about going back where the "copy all" left off and do it again was the key there. I just spent over an hour doing that method - it was a bit lengthy but infinitely easy. What it didn't do, however, is copy the time or date or sender information. I sorta need that but this was a very acceptable "close enough" try at what I needed. I do have all the actual text. i_maq - thanks so much. I have read that post previously - and read it several times - and it scares me that I will delete the texts or screw up something important like many people in the posts share. JHD536 indicated that it worked for him/her, but shoot!! Maybe I'll try it now that I do have all the actual message bodies copied over. I wonder if this method will give me the time/date/sender info I want??

Anyone else have any additional ideas?
    This is great but does anyone have something that will immediately transfer the messages. Electric pocket has a software that fowards all incoming/outgoing msgs to a selected email upon receipt. However, it is only available for Windows and Blackberry OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjoc55 View Post
    Maybe I'll try it now that I do have all the actual message bodies copied over. I wonder if this method will give me the time/date/sender info I want??

If you're asking about I_maq's suggestion, I tried some basic tests with it by copying the data, deleting some useless messages, and copying it back, then restarting. It saved everything- Sender, date sent, and the entire message...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    That's a really really bad idea.

You're most likely going to want to go to the Top Left where it says Messaging, tap that, go to Edit > Select All. Paste that in an email, then scroll up to where it stopped and select all again. That's a pretty quick way.

I think a few people actually found the files where the texts are backed up. Not totally sure how that works.
    @Jake_M that does not work. You are not given the option to "select all" in the palm pixi, but rather to "copy all" per contact. The paste function into an email does paste all of the text from the different text message sent and received from a single contact, but the individual messages are not separated (by date, time or otherwise). They just run like a continuous message.
    i_maq's suggestion is no longer available. Link leads to error page
    Quote Originally Posted by lor226 View Post
    i_maq's suggestion is no longer available. Link leads to error page
    New link is: How to: Backup and restore your text messages and call history | webOS Nation
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    You can see how to back up your text message and call log here.

Check my signature for a link to a project we'd like to happen regarding sms backup.
    Link is no longer active - takes you to a page that says "The page you requested does not exist. For your convenience, a google search was performed using the query how backup and restore your text messages and call history." Need this info to do a backup/transfer of my texts.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks, but apparently due to some flaw or software upgrade I can't download any apps from the apps store including Preware so can't perform the suggestion on that page.
    You shouldn't need Preware or Internalz to do a backup of your texts. Instead, you can download webOS Quick Installer and follow the instructions found here and here. If you read through the thread, you'll see that it isn't quite as simple as just pasting PalmDatabase.db3 back into your phone if you'd like to restore. There seem to be some risks involved in replacing entire database files with previous versions, even when they're being put back onto the same device.
    I was just about to ask this very question, thanks! :-)

Barry

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Please note that there are differences between version 1 & 2 of webOS & ensure the instructions you are following are correct for your version...

Plus, handy apps and patches (for webOS 2.+):
    Export Messages - Preware Catalog
    Export Messages permission patch - Preware Catalog
    Export Notes - Preware Catalog
    Export Notes - Preware Catalog
    Export Call History - Preware Catalog