Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just through the day, usually messaging, clear card, and email are the only ones I leave on consistently. But there are always spurts where Im researching something and may have 3 or 4 browser windows open, along with twitter, newsroom and others. Then once Im ready to get back to work these get swiped away (unless I want to leave the browser window open or some such to revisit it later).

Ive never had a TMC a single time since launch day on 5 phones... these are sprint pres, and my usage hasnt really changed all that much, just the apps I use. Now I have tweetme for twitter, before I was using the browser... so on and so forth. I dont even know what the TMC error looks like... never seen it.
    I have often gone for days keeping the phone around zero cards open - constantly swiping away things that were open. Recently I have experimented with keeping more applications open. This tends to reduce the lag time required for an application to start and maximizes the phone capabilities. Lately I have had the following open most of the time:

email, screen & lock, jstop, phone; clear card; browser on favorite forum

additionally sometimes I have the app catalog and preware both open as well

I have the verizon pre-plus which seems to be stable with loads of apps. Experimenting I have had over 50 cards open at a time without loss of stability. Around 60 cards the phone crashed LUNA.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 10/28/2010 at 04:39 PM.
    I only leave out the significant ones.. For example> Precentral forum, twitter, facebook, etc. It's quite easy to get to an application with webos, you don't have to leave out any card(s) if you don't want.

Regards,
    usually nothing if im currently not using it at the moment.
    if driving, usually some mapping program.
    and while sports is going on i have sports live on. but not the card usually.
    clear card once in awhile for the time in a big font.
    btw i wish clear card was clear the way weatherIcon is clear when it starts, and not just a altered image of your background. still clever, but should be truly clear.
    Funny you should ask. Right now I have four cards open: Feeds Free, Twee, Precentral, and Google Maps. I also had email, Tranzit, and Scratchpad open when I got the dreaded TMC error which is why I usually just keep Twee and Feeds Free open.
    I can't really tell if leaving cards open whether the phone is active or not... drains the battery.

Any thoughts -
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Always try to close all apps...
    I keep ZERO cards open. You can't physically use but one app at a time. The whole "multitasking" thing is pretty stupid.
    Just because running multiple apps is the ONLY thing a Palm Pre does fairly well, I don't feel the need to use it to justify continued ownership of this piece of *****.
    ^^ I still love this piece of **** though.

Note: I really need to run a test for myself regarding this issue.
    None. I my dash to be completely clean if i'm not doing anything at the moment.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12