1.    #1  
    Are you guys aware of a patch or setting that removes the black gradient from the lock screen. I have pretty pictures that I like to see when the screen is locked

Thanks.
    not sure of a patch or anything like that but im pretty sure the black gradient screen is this file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-bottom.png
    if u know how im sure u could replace this file with another blank one to give the effect of nothing there
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip! Do you know of any "blanks" I could use? Do they exist on the palm somewhere else in the file system or is there an aftermarket image I could plop in?

Thanks again.
    hey sorry for the late reply, ive been busy with a summer class. anyway i tried something that u might like. i replaced the "bottom" image of the lock screen background with the "top" image and it looks pretty cool in my opinion. it works in that it shows ur full background except for a transparent boxy image thing but its really not a big deal and u might even like it. also, when u go to unlock the gradient comes back while ur pressing down on the lock. try it out, let me know what u think! id add a screenshot except u cant take one of the lock screen (I dont think?)

So, i first saved a backup of the "bottom" black part. in webos quickinstall i went to receive file: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-bottom.png

I attached the "new" clear bottom but incase u were wondering it is just: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/screen-lock-wallpaper-mask-top.png ...renamed as "...-bottom.png"

after u save a backup of the old bottom, go to quick install, send file, and send the attached file to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/

after u restart luna you should be good to go. sorry if u knew how to do all this or apologize in advance if i wasnt clear enough, just let me know. im sure theres a better way/better image to replace it with but this is just what i came up with...hope u like!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply. I found some info out on themeing and went ahead and made it myself after cannibalizing a couple of themes

Here's the thread (I didn't want to cross post the info)
    Last edited by marfpilf; 07/20/2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: messed up the link.
    sounds good. my new lock screen is kinda growing me, well see if i decide to keep it lol