Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I've had my Pixi for a few weeks now and am finally ready to get into patches and homebrew apps.

Are certain patches/apps good only for the Pre but not the Pixi, or just for the Pre/Pixi plus and not for the Sprint models? If so, how do you know? For the record, I have the wifi-less Sprint Pixi

Thanks!
    well, if you plan on patching it is a necessity to have webosqi and preware on your pixi device. Using webosqi you can download preware. Also from webosqi, you can access the database of patches available to you. This can also be done with preware when you're on the go.
    patches are for the most part not independent to the carrier or device unless specified in the name, ex: 'vzw.patch' or calendar.patch(pixi). Just examples, I'm not too sure if those exact patches exist. Basically you're in the good with every patch made for pre, just watch out for specific ones. Also, on a final note, be sure to not install too many patches that alter certain aspects of one single thing. For example installing the patches 'named pages in launcher.patch' and 'advanced options in launcher.patch' will only install one of them because they are conflicting patches using the same area to apply the patch to. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tips! I installed webosqi and preware lastnight and OMG how wonderful! I can't believe I waited 3 weeks to download this stuff. I was testing out patches and homebrew apps for hours last night! AMAZING STUFF!