1.    #1  
    Nobody in the Pre forums seems to be too excited about the imminent update, but the PDK and '3d gaming coming to the Pixi' has me more than intrigued. Anyone with a little knowledge on the subject care to speculate what this update will mean for the Pixi in meta/practical terms? Are we finally going to see Visual Boy Advance/Quake/all the really good stuff on the Pixi?
    VBA, Quake, etc. could all have been created for the Pixi a long while ago (as in the same time they came for the Pre) since the Pixi supports SDL and OpenGL.

The PDK should bring the other 3D games (like the ones from EA Games, etc. that were recently listed as requiring 1.4.5 with the Pixi mentioned in the APP ID).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    VBA, Quake, etc. could all have been created for the Pixi a long while ago (as in the same time they came for the Pre) since the Pixi supports SDL and OpenGL.

The PDK should bring the other 3D games (like the ones from EA Games, etc. that were recently listed as requiring 1.4.5 with the Pixi mentioned in the APP ID).
    I thought the Pixi didn't have SDL support?
  4.    #4  
    Well then, where the hell is VBA for the Pixi? Is some heroic warrior working on it, or has the homebrew community completely forsaken the Pixi for the Pre already?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is a big deal because of the fact the the Pixi is an entry level phone and basically free with most carriers, most pixi owners are probably teens or young adults. Gaming is a big profit opportunity for Palm and developers..
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    so for the Pixi it's PDK apps???

NICE!!!
  7.    #7  
    What exactly are PDK apps?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    PDK apps can run plug-ins, say a little java in an app built in another language, like c+ or something. I'm not a programmer but I watched a few vids, it stands for plug-in development kit. The advantage of having more than one language or code working at same time in an app is the easier it is to just copy parts of apps already made for other OS, like Android or iOS.
    it doesn't matter we are never going to get it,very bummed,waiting to danm long just 2 play some games on my pixi.
    im more intrigued by the flash player that seems to never be coming out