1.    #1  
    Hey guys, sorry to make so many threads, but as a fresh WebOS user excited about homebrew I'm sure you understand, having likely felt the same yourselves. I've been reading through a 'must have apps/patches' thread geared towards the Pre, but given the two device's small, yet important differences, I thought it might be helpful for Pixi owners to get a thread dedicated strictly to their hardware, to avoid any compatibility issues.

So, Pixi owners, what apps/patches do you find most useful? Maybe a short description of what the app does/why you like it would be helpful.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Patches I could not live without:

"4x4 Icons" (for launcher, I use v5): I hate the large icons

"Adv Config for App Launcher": For obvious reasons, adds more options for app launcher!

"Close on hangup": Phone app patch tha closes the app when the line disconnects.

"Command Line": (for Universal Search) Other than for lazyness(searches like .imdb .google etc), the most useful is .restart luna, for those times when you get TOO MAY CARDS and you HAVE NO CARDS OPEN GG! Sprint Pixi owners will understand that one lol but if you can not open the Luna Manager app because of TMC, then .restart luna can fix that without a card!

"No Missed Call Callback": nice little patch makes it so if you hit callback it will just prefill the number in the phone app and not start the call, I hit it by mistake enough when trying to hit dismiss, so this ones nice.

"Reduce Drag Radius" I use 15px but find one you like, it lowers the amount of pixels you need to drag the screen before it starts moving. With the Pixi having a small screen, this is nice.

------
    Apps:

A nice app for performance is the homebrew app "Preset Reset" It will reboot your phone for you at certain times, you can set it for everyday or only on certain days. I have mine reboot every night at 4am. You can have it launch apps too if you need an app launched to be open for you. I rarely ever get the TMC error anymore and I'm not using any over clock kernal on my Pixi Minus (aka sprint) after its on for 2 to 3 days I would get them without anything open. The phone would be sitting on the counter and just beep "too many cards!" and none are open and I'm not trying to open any. I asume its trying to push a email notification or something, but either way a daily reset over night fixes that issue.

"Internalz": It lets you browse the file system just like a PC. Can copy, delete, move files without plugging into a computer. IMO this should have been standard. It also gives you access to the OS files that you can not reach from standard USB plug.

"Music (Remix)" gives a crap load more options in the music player, even a great lyrics option. Very cool.

Lots more patches I use but they are mainly for personalization, these I listed are among my top must have.
    Last edited by saves; 07/11/2010 at 11:43 AM.
    Hello,

I just got done transforming my slow, vanilla, quirky pixi into a blazing fast feature-laden smartphone marauder... How'd I do it? Just by reading good threads here on precentral. As far as must have apps?

Palm Appstore:
    GolfPin Finder
    Dropboxify

Homebrew Apps:
    Switcharoo (free) for that monotony killing daily wallpaper switch.
    Govnah
    Uberkernel
    Developer Mode Icon

Patches (the motherload):
    4x4 icons v5
    close on hangup
    faster card animations
    just charge by default
    no missed callback
    open to call log

Theres about 20 more patches but those are the essential.

Have fun.
    where do you find the patches at that you guys are talking about?
    preware
    Quote Originally Posted by bankshank View Post
    where do you find the patches at that you guys are talking about?
    Preware under the patch feed
    would really love to have the GSM Wave atch that the Pre has......................
    *Kernel*
    -Palm Kernel (Pixi/Pixi+)
    -Uberkernel (Pixi/Pixi+)

*Linux Application*
    -Lsdiff
    -Diffstat
    -GNU Patch

*Patch*
    -4x4 Icons v1
    -Ad Blocker
    -Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter
    -Add Date - MM/DD
    -Add Delete Buttons
    -Add Move to Folder Button
    -Add One Minute Interval
    -Add Open URL Menu Option
    -Add Option to Send Link Message
    -Add Select All and New Message
    -Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    -Add Sync Now
    -Additional Contact Labels
    -Advanced Options in Launcher
    -Alarm Daily Options
    -All-Day Events in Month View
    -Audio/Video Attachments
    -Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    -Auto Show Dialpad for Outgoing Calls Only
    -Battery Icon as Percent
    -Call Duration in Call Log
    -Call History During Call
    -Call Log Styling Mod
    -Character Counter
    -Charing Alert Vibrate Only
    -Close on hangup
    -Compose to Email
    -Copy URL to Clipboard
    -Default to Month View
    -Device Menu Megamix
    -Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control
    -Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 Percent
    -Enable Add/Delete Pages
    -Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    -Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    -Enable Vibration
    -Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    -Fullscreen Mode Browser
    -Hide Amazon MP3 App
    -Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Only
    -Hide VZNav
    -Improved Edited Video Filenames
    -Improved Photo Naming PIXI
    -Just Charge By Default
    -Match State to Area Code
    -More Reminder Alarm Tones
    -No Arrows or Fade Bar
    -No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    -No Missed Call Callback
    -Power Button to End Calls
    -Prevent Removal
    -Read/Delete All Email
    -Reset Options on Power Button Hold
    -Reset to First Page
    -Send All Contacts via Email
    -Shake to Reload
    -Share Image Message Option
    -Share Larger Videos Via Email
    -Show Actual Battery Percent
    -Show App Details
    -Sign In As Invisible in IM
    -Simple Shutter Sound Off
    -Standby Times Deluxe
    -Swipe to Delete
    -Timestamps Clean
    -Unlimited Recipients
    -Video Camera Flashlight (Doesn't work right now)
    -Video Downloads

*Service*
    -SysToolsMgr

*Theme*
    -The Ultimate Pre Theme Theme
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 07/23/2010 at 01:39 PM.
    install based on your simple needs.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I've searched everywhere for the "No Missed Call Callback" application/patch, but I cant find it. It would be a nice thing to have. Do you know where to download this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    Patches I could not live without:

"4x4 Icons" (for launcher, I use v5): I hate the large icons

"Adv Config for App Launcher": For obvious reasons, adds more options for app launcher!

"Close on hangup": Phone app patch tha closes the app when the line disconnects.

"Command Line": (for Universal Search) Other than for lazyness(searches like .imdb .google etc), the most useful is .restart luna, for those times when you get TOO MAY CARDS and you HAVE NO CARDS OPEN GG! Sprint Pixi owners will understand that one lol but if you can not open the Luna Manager app because of TMC, then .restart luna can fix that without a card!

"No Missed Call Callback": nice little patch makes it so if you hit callback it will just prefill the number in the phone app and not start the call, I hit it by mistake enough when trying to hit dismiss, so this ones nice.

"Reduce Drag Radius" I use 15px but find one you like, it lowers the amount of pixels you need to drag the screen before it starts moving. With the Pixi having a small screen, this is nice.

------
    Apps:

A nice app for performance is the homebrew app "Preset Reset" It will reboot your phone for you at certain times, you can set it for everyday or only on certain days. I have mine reboot every night at 4am. You can have it launch apps too if you need an app launched to be open for you. I rarely ever get the TMC error anymore and I'm not using any over clock kernal on my Pixi Minus (aka sprint) after its on for 2 to 3 days I would get them without anything open. The phone would be sitting on the counter and just beep "too many cards!" and none are open and I'm not trying to open any. I asume its trying to push a email notification or something, but either way a daily reset over night fixes that issue.

"Internalz": It lets you browse the file system just like a PC. Can copy, delete, move files without plugging into a computer. IMO this should have been standard. It also gives you access to the OS files that you can not reach from standard USB plug.

"Music (Remix)" gives a crap load more options in the music player, even a great lyrics option. Very cool.

Lots more patches I use but they are mainly for personalization, these I listed are among my top must have.
    open preware -> available packages -> patches -> phone -> no missed call callback
    You guys may also like the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch. It adds a lot more functionality. If you install it and have problems report back here, i'll go through my list and tell you which ones didn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    You guys may also like the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch. It adds a lot more functionality. If you install it and have problems report back here, i'll go through my list and tell you which ones didn't work for me.
    It sure does! I love this patch! I just wish it worked with the Advanced Options in Launcher patch.. can't seem to install them together..