1.    #1  
    I'm trying to open up a .pdf class syllabus from the web, but my Pixi won't open it.

I get an 'Unable to Open File / this file format is not supported' error, which I find odd since I clearly see a PDF reader in my launcher. What am I doing wrong here?
    I have had the same problems. What I think it is that there is no support right now for the built-in PDF reader, as Documents To Go it's undecided to release their WebOS version just yet.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I can open them fine if I download it first. Try that.
  4.    #4  
    Is that typically done by holding the white-square and clicking the link? The particular PDF I'm trying to download does not allow me to do that, although I'm not even sure if that's how you save files.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    if its not from a site that allows you to click a download button, (like if the link is [http: //.....com/file.pdf) have someone e-mail it to you and download the attachment.

I get the "file type not supported, unable to locate application" error sometimes when trying to view a .jpg, which is obliviously supported, so have to save those first.
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    have someone e-mail it to you and download the attachment.
    I cannot figure out how to download an attachment from my email. I can open it and view but I cannot save on my phone. can you help?
    Hi all - I've had this problem & just figured out what was wrong. Download the file from the website and after you get the error message, go to your launcher to "pdf view" and click it - the files you've downloaded will be there. I found every file I tried to download since I got my Pixi! Why it doesn't open from the website, I don't know - but at least they're somewhere!
    Hi all,
    I've had this problem for a while now.. Might be since upgraded to 1.4.5.
    The pdf view app & icon on launcher is gone. Can't open or view pdf files. I searched for patches or in app catalog to reinstall but did not find any availabe option to get to view pdf files.
    does anyone have the same issue or a way to solve it ?
    ps. I could download pdf files just fine just I get the error "this file format is not supported" when I click on it to open it
    Any help would be appreciated.