Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok just got into a huge argument with my girlfriend because she dropped her pixi for the first time after only having it for two month and damn it cracks all the way across. Then she tells me she wants a evo! Which offends me because I support palm all the way, my first smart phone was from palm and I never changed sides. If palm would of made the pixi hardware more sturdy my girlfriend would still have her phone! And she wouldn't have ****ed me off by talkn bout the evo! It's ok though just bummed but I will let her use my trusty treo 700p . Palm all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzoi View Post
    ok just got into a huge argument with my girlfriend because she dropped her pixi for the first time after only having it for two month and damn it cracks all the way across. Then she tells me she wants a evo! Which offends me because I support palm all the way, my first smart phone was from palm and I never changed sides. If palm would of made the pixi hardware more sturdy my girlfriend would still have her phone! And she wouldn't have ****ed me off by talkn bout the evo! It's ok though just bummed but I will let her use my trusty treo 700p . Palm all day.
    Did she "drop" it or maybe whip it against a brick wall. i have a pixi and dropped it a whole bunch of times. the worst that ever happened was the back cover flying off.(no idea how that happened)

maybe she broke it on purpose so she can get the evo.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I have to agree Maestro1, I drop my Pixi a lot (I keep in in my shirt pocket) and drop it from 3 or 4 feet all the time. The only thing that is broken on my Pixi is the magnet for the stupid microUSB port.

That being said my "body glove" $19.99 from the Sprint Store, is held together with superglue $3.99 from the hardware store.
    Generally the info I read says that the Pixi is more tolerant of dropping than the Pre is.

Did she throw it at you? Did she drop it on the driveway?

I agree with the previous post. Kids "lose" or "break" stuff they want to replace when a cooler pair of tennis shoes or a newer iPod comes out, soooo...

Thank goodness for warranty. VZ says that it is covered as long as there are no signs of abuse (like dropping in on a corner on the middle of the parking lot and smashing in the corner of the phone). Just call customer service and they should send you another one.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I also agree with Maestro1. I've dropped my pixi on concrete a few times without major problem. One corner of the rubberized back is a bit scuffed up because that's what made first contact with the ground on one of the drops. But the front face is still unscratched.
  6.    #6  
    it has a crack starting from the top left corner spreading to the middle of the screen. She dropped it on concrete. It still works for now just not visible but she can still call me using the keypad.
    we are with sprint but if nothin works out I'm gonna TRY to keep her on the treo until Hpalm comes out with a new phone. Muahaha
    personally, and I'm sure most precentralers would agree, I don't think it is appropriate to force your emotions on someone else, be they religious, corporate, or anything else. Gadgets are non sentient objects incapable of returning your affections, your girlfrien however is. Do the sane thing and put humans before allegiance to corporations seling electronics.

also because it's nice, buy her some flowers.
    There are four lights.
    Tell her that if she drops an EVO on cement it will break, too. Then buy her a protective case for her next phone...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    All smart phones are on the delicate side.
    If she tends to be clumsy then the Motorola Brute is best for her.
    Want proof? Prepare to be amazed and amused at the same time.. .

"If she ain't happy, you ain't happy"

Jeff Foxworthy
    Rubber cases- inexpensive and comes in handy
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    I've also dropped my pixi multiple times. The back cover almost always pops off, but there's still not a scratch on it!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I leave it on my lap on a daily basis when I step out of the car, crash! Also, Screen Protectors are your friend!
    Last edited by saves; 07/12/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    i hope youre young.
    I know who's sleeping on the couch tonight
    If you actually got into a fight with her and you are offended by her phone choice, I think you need serious mental help. There is something wrong with you if you show such allegiance to a phone. Or perhaps you're simply so insecure that the phone is a projection of yourself. Is the Evo, in your mind, the cool new guy she's been hanging out with at work lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    All smart phones are on the delicate side.
    If she tends to be clumsy then the Motorola Brute is best for her.
    Want proof? Prepare to be amazed and amused at the same time.. .

LOL that video was awesome.

The Pixi is a tough phone. I do not see how one drop could crack it. But it happens.
    Palm all day.

you'll be "palm all night" too :-)
    I have had bad experiences with my two Pre's, broke two of them in four months. I swore off the platform, even though I loved it. Well the phone I was using to replace the Pre ended up going into the dishwater and getting a nice internal clean. Three phones in six months!!!

At the Sprint store I was shopping the Evo, but since I am not eligible for an upgrade it would have cost way to much. I wandered over to the Pre and Pixi and noticed how much more study the Pixi is, and despite the name, chose to jump back in. I did not realize how much I missed this platform.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

FWIW, cracked screen at a Sprint repair center will cost you $125, which is a lot cheaper than a new phone, and not much more than the insurance deductible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast