Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have had two Pre and they were POS hardware wise, so it is not even an option. Also how is the battery life? I like WebOS so I'm interested in the Pixi, and would like to get a used one if possible for cheap. How much should I expect to get one for? I am due for an upgrade but i am saving that for either the EVO(or future Android device) or a Win 7 phone.
    The pixi is very reliable if you know what your doing and how the phone works, if you need help search the the Pixi forum or ask an experience user. Battery life is amazing for me, best ive had on a phone (recently had samsung and motorola phones), BUT, the first 3 or 4 days will make you think its bad, you have too let it get broken in, and after a few weeks, you can get a full day of play-in without having to plug it in at all. Mine is at 77% after a full day on it and i only charge it when im sleeping.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Yes I love my Pixi. I really wanted a webOS phone but the Pre just felt cheap in my hands, hollow... The Pixi is very solid. I put mine through constant abuse. I've only had it for like 3 months and I've dropped it like 50 times lol. I'm always leaving it on my lap when I get out of the car and bam, all over the ground. I've even dropped mine while talking on it and the back cover popped off, and the call was still active lol. At work when the iphone 4 launched and everyone was talking about the glass breaking easy, I would stand there dropping it in front of the apple fan boys and say "can yours do that?!" lol I have the insurance anyway but I've yet to have a problem.

The battery did get better after about 2 weeks of use. Mine doesn't last all day like user above me, but I'm on it all damn day checking feeds and forums so I don't expect it too. I used 1,990mb of data in May =D glad I'm on sprint.

I don't notice the limited memory, I don't really have a need to have more than 4 apps running at a time anyway. but if you are talking about hardware wise, its very nice. Stop by a store and hold one yourself, you can just feel the difference over the Pre.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    get preware and kernals on the pixi and its great I love mine
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Its great, as long as you let it break in. When I first started using it it restarted like twice a day, and the battery life was crap. After a week or two everything is ironed out, much better battery and no more restarts; hardware is solid.
    Few weeks into using mine and no issues-battery life is great, preware rocks and it's nice not being locked into Mr Jobs anymore...
    love my pixi, had it from day one. I chose this phone because of the build form and factor I agree with everyone else about the battery, seemed shollow when I first got with but with the 1.4 update it smoothed out just about everything and with 1.4.5 around the corner, it did say we have an update on power management. But with the pixis uberkernal this phone is amazing. Where it should be. If I had to rate my user experience I would say 8.5/10 for the overall experience and reliability of this phone.
    +1 for everything mentioned above including uberkernel + govnah on pixi. Great phone
    Yes it's very reliable. I haven't installed the kernel into mine (thinking I need to) so mine freezes like if I'm browsing the web with the music playing. Other than that it runs very smooth and feels great (tiny as well lol)
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    I love my pixi as well! It's very sturdy - I've dropped it several times and it still looks good as new. I had a few problems when I first got it with battery life, restarts, and the "too many cards" message, but it worked itself out in those first couple weeks. The only time I have an issue with battery life now is when I'm at work (pretty bad reception there, so the phone's constantly looking for a better signal). But I still have the stock battery, so I'm sure if I get an extended one it'll be much better.
    I bought my daughter a Pixi about two months ago. If she hasn't killed it yet then it's a reliable device. Battery life is okay too.
    The Palm Pixi plus is more then reliable, pretend it's a little workhorse in the likes of the Toyota Corolla.
    I was pretty frustrated with the TMC error and the slow speeds until uberkernal/govnah came into the picture and turned it into a whole new phone. Now it's fast and reliable, and even better, I don't get TMC errors at all. (Let alone when I have NO cards open.)
    FYI, the back cover will start coming off. It's a good phone but that back cover is horrible.
    TheAbstracted likes this.
    Im trying to talk my boys into getting the Pixi when they can upgrade in August. However, Best Buy has dropped the Hero to $69. Now im afraid they will be getting the Android Phone. Anyone have any experiance with both these devices?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    I have had two Pre and they were POS hardware wise, so it is not even an option. Also how is the battery life? I like WebOS so I'm interested in the Pixi, and would like to get a used one if possible for cheap. How much should I expect to get one for? I am due for an upgrade but i am saving that for either the EVO(or future Android device) or a Win 7 phone.
    agree - the pre is a total POS buildwise. the pixi+ on the other hand is a great little device... the only problem i've ever had is sometimes when you pull the headphones out of the jack it doesn't recognise that this is the case. otherwise i think it's an unbelievably cool and small device... and a steal for whatever VZ is offering it for with the mobil hotspot.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    FYI, the back cover will start coming off. It's a good phone but that back cover is horrible.
    never had that problem.. seems pretty sturdy to me
    I had no idea about the cover coming off loose. Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    never had that problem.. seems pretty sturdy to me. great little phone, if somewhat underpowered... whoever made that comment about about thinking of it as a workhorse corrolla was pretty much spot on...
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    never had that problem.. seems pretty sturdy to me. great little phone, if somewhat underpowered... whoever made that comment about about thinking of it as a workhorse corrolla was pretty much spot on...
    It's a known problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...y-my-pixi.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...oming-off.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...eling-off.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast