Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    My 12yo son has a Pixi. The only problems that he's had with it are related to the volume ringer switch. See this video:

He's on his 5th Pixi (I think) since November. 3 of the 4 replacements were due to the ringer switch problem. The other replacement was refurb and had this really odd problem where phone played a bunch of pops and squeaks interspersed in the music. It didn't matter if you were listening through a headphone or speaker.

As to battery life, my son's battery life is a lot better than mine. He's able to get through a day pretty easily whereas I struggle to get through one. OF course, he tends to use his phone a *LOT* less than I use mine. So I don't know that it's a very good measure of relative battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    FYI, the back cover will start coming off. It's a good phone but that back cover is horrible.
    The next door neighbor kid has a Pixi, too. His back has this problem. But my son has never had this problem.

Good luck.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    The Pixi is a nice little phone. My wife has one and we had to exchange it once because it would never get out of headset mode. Nothing I tried worked. She hasn't used headphones on it since...she's a little scared it will happen again. She uses it quite a bit, but I would not say it has extraordinary battery life. It has better battery life than the Pre, for sure. The Pixi's keyboard is superb compared to the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    Im trying to talk my boys into getting the Pixi when they can upgrade in August. However, Best Buy has dropped the Hero to $69. Now im afraid they will be getting the Android Phone. Anyone have any experiance with both these devices?
    My brother has a Hero with Android 2.1 on it. He loves it, but is concerned that he won't be able to upgrade to Android 2.2. He said if Palm survives he'll probably get a webOS phone next time he upgrades. (Now that Palm is pretty much assured of survival, I expect him to get a webOS phone sometime this year.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    the only problem i've ever had is sometimes when you pull the headphones out of the jack it doesn't recognise that this is the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    My wife has one and we had to exchange it once because it would never get out of headset mode. Nothing I tried worked. She hasn't used headphones on it since...she's a little scared it will happen again.
    That problem isn't unique to the Pixi- my Pre does it as well. It's a software issue, not hardware. I hook my Pre up to an old boombox with one of those old cassette tape adapters for CD players while I'm in the shower and listen to talk radio or rock out to tunes, and sometimes I pull the plug out and it is stuck in headset mode.

If it ever does it again, you don't need to go to the trouble of replacing it. To fix it, go into the Device Info app and run the interactive audio test. One time I had to run the test twice to get it to fix itself, but once I did it was fine.
    Last edited by Ricyteach; 07/13/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    I have a Pixi, it is a great little phone. The form factor was the main attraction for me, but I have found it a very capable smartphone.Just picked up touchstone works great
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have never had any of the problems people mention w/ the Pre plus and my experience w/the Pixi has also been good... hardware is a little flimsy on the Pre, but the UI and webOS are better than droid can produce IMHO ... and I don't beat on my phones, so I may be biased in that regard
    I've had a pixi for about 6 months. The phone itself is pretty great- the ergonomics and keyboard are fantastic and the thing is tiny- very light. Be aware that the rubberized backing is a problem, though- the usb port cover is held in with a magnet that, while nifty, falls out in like a week- the touchstone cover is prolly the way to go here. As well on mine the backing has become sort of floppy and out-of-shape. That being said, the backing is more like a protective case, and replacements cost like $8 bucks- so no big deal if you don't mind replacing it every 6 months or so.
    Yea the Pixi is a great little phone. I had a Pre and switched to this after a series of hardware issues. Possibly the best feature of this phone is the Touchstone charger. I know its on the Pre aswell, but comparing this to other phones I think this is a huge leg up. Its just so damn convenient. That said, the phone is rather slow. The screen is also small. If youre due for an upgrade I would just get an EVO. Or if you're on Verizon get an Incredible or Droid X or something. Those Droid phones just seem to be where its at right now.
    my sprint dealer tossed his pixi across the store. And amazingly it worked not even a crack on the screen so yea it's reliable. But I suggest going to otterbox.com and getting there case for the palm pixi. Works and feels great plus protects it.
    pixi is pretty much lighter than pre!
    That is the reason why I got me the Pixi+ b/c its so light and also b/c it has a fixed keyboard.
    While I like my Pixi, after handling an iPhone (both older models and the new version 4), the lag and slow response to most touches/gestures is frustrating. I don't know if there's any way to speed that up, but hopefully the next generation of WebOS handsets can deal with this.
    I hate also slow responses to gestures, it must have to do with WebOS and not the phone's CPU.
    its not perfectly reliable i have a pixi plus and the ringer switch has went on the fritz. it stays in silent mode and when you switch it, it jumps back and forth and then stays on silent in both positions. i've doctored it and everything, the problem is a hardware one.

i've had my pixi plus for 6 monthes tho. getting a free replacement in a couple days.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    While I like my Pixi, after handling an iPhone (both older models and the new version 4), the lag and slow response to most touches/gestures is frustrating. I don't know if there's any way to speed that up, but hopefully the next generation of WebOS handsets can deal with this.
    Exactly. You guys really do not sound honest at all. I'm on my second Pixi and I love the phone so much I cant let the WebOS go, BUT, it is certainly laggy and slow to respond. Sometimes even shutting down without me knowing and then having to reboot it manually.

I also dont have UberKernel or Govna installed and my reconditioned replacement Pixi is probably still in that new phase where battery isnt great and etc. ALSO, nobody really explains HOW Govna has helped or waht it really is...dont talk about things and expect someone asking to know what u mean.

So, My battery barely lasts a day...i check email and play music on it all day. Maybe on the subway searchign for signals drains it too? But i always feel i need my charger.

STILL, form factor, keyboard and a beuatiful OS that i feel i cant be without, keeps me on this phone! I can still be honest about its performance though.
    I've had my pixi plus a little over a week now, and so far I'm very impressed with its durability. It feels solid and acts as such. Only issue I've had, the screen doesn't hold up very well with keys in the same pocket. I've got a few small scratches in the upper left corner that are definitely noticable (both visually and you can feel them) but avoid doing that, and it should be an awesome, long lasting phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    That problem isn't unique to the Pixi- my Pre does it as well. It's a software issue, not hardware. I hook my Pre up to an old boombox with one of those old cassette tape adapters for CD players while I'm in the shower and listen to talk radio or rock out to tunes, and sometimes I pull the plug out and it is stuck in headset mode.

If it ever does it again, you don't need to go to the trouble of replacing it. To fix it, go into the Device Info app and run the interactive audio test. One time I had to run the test twice to get it to fix itself, but once I did it was fine.
    This is great to know, mine got stuck and I had to do a hard reset. Wish I had seen this one sooner.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i love my pixi it really is a 'new' treo type phone and ive had all the treo's since the 600 and the pixi is the smallest and best one yet! and webos is great! so much u can do with this phone! i like it much better then the pre! it is a perfect phone EXCEPT the OEM battery the only thing i want now is like a 2400MAH extended battery so thats the only imperfection with it, it needs a good extended battery =]
    I love my pixi. When I first got it, just as everyone else has said the battery life was horrible. Now I can get 24 hours out of my phone, sometimes more depending on my usage. I came from a HTC Hero and I must say I dont think I will go back to an Android phone. I've dropped my phone but I went to the mall and bought one of those cases so it didnt do any damage at all. I love the fact that the screen has some give when you press it so if you drop it on the screen it wont just completly shatter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12