1.    #1  
    Hello, everyone I jsut went back to Verizon Wireless the other day and ordered the Palm Pixi and already got it, love the phone and the service is jsut as great as it was back in 2009, should have never went to Sprint lol... Anyways, I know there is an IM app on the Palm Pixi for AIM and Google Talk but I was wondering is there any app for Yahoo Messenger or a way to logon to Yahoo Messenger? I wouldn't even care if it was third party but I don't use anything but Yahoo Messenger and for the life i me can't seen to find an app for it, that's the only problem, I am having, my phone works great and I really like the form factor and how nice the interface is.. Yes the battery life does bite some what but for those of you that are bickering about the battery, think about it, it's a SMARTPHONE, these device are like a mini computer in essence, just like a laptop, they only have so much battery to use before they need recharging and battery life drainage depends on what your doing on the phone.. ie Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, alot of multi- tasking, a laptop does the same thing depending on how much work you put it throw during the day... Not bickering or anything, just saying.. Anyways the phone is great and all.. Service is top notch.. But if someone could help me out with this Yahoo IM, this would be greatly appreaciated..

P.S. I have heard rumors that the next WebOS update will include Yahoo in the IM client list.. Hopefully so lol

Thanks,
    Steven
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/14/2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenPearce88 View Post
    Hello, everyone I jsut went back to Verizon Wireless the other day and ordered the Palm Pixi and already got it, love the phone and the service is jsut as great as it was back in 2009, should have never went to Sprint lol... Anyways, I know there is an IM app on the Palm Pixi for AIM and Google Talk but I was wondering is there any app for Yahoo Messenger or a way to logon to Yahoo Messenger? I wouldn't even care if it was third party but I don't use anything but Yahoo Messenger and for the life i me can't seen to find an app for it, that's the only problem, I am having, my phone works great and I really like the form factor and how nice the interface is.. Yes the battery life does bite some what but for those of you that are bickering about the battery, think about it, it's a SMARTPHONE, these device are like a mini computer in essence, just like a laptop, they only have so much battery to use before they need recharging and battery life drainage depends on what your doing on the phone.. ie Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, alot of multi- tasking, a laptop does the same thing depending on how much work you put it throw during the day... Not bickering or anything, just saying.. Anyways the phone is great and all.. Service is top notch.. But if someone could help me out with this Yahoo IM, this would be greatly appreaciated..

P.S. I have heard rumors that the next WebOS update will include Yahoo in the IM client list.. Hopefully so lol

Thanks,
    Steven
    i thought that palm released yahoo in the 1.4 update, but i guess not.

mundu IM just released an app (today). It includes Yahoo, MSN, Facebook, etc. it's $1.50 in the app catalog.

mundu IM
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply, worked great and for a 1.50 not bad at all :-) Yes I did update to 1.4 when I got my phone but still Yahoo wasn't included, I don't understand why they wouldn't include Yahoo Messenger in IM list but oh well, I have used Mundu IM when I had a Windows Mobile phone ( I hate windows mobile, so bery slow lol) and it worked like a charm, Got to give kudos to Mundu for releasing there IM app to us Palm Pre/Pixi users.. Big +, Thanks and lots of kudos, btw kudos is an actual candy just forgot were I saw it at and haven't had it in a while but very delicious :-P
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Wow, that Mundi IM is getting some pretty consistently atrocious reviews, especially for Facebook connectivity. Is it really all that buggy?

You know there's a Facebook chat patch, right? Works great for me. I think it might be more of a spoof.. it looks like a gmail chat but it's really FB. Cool hack.

Yahoo chat works natively for me, though not all the time. It's probably 70% successful. The rest of the time, the wheel just spins at the login forever.

I agree, this stuff should all be fully baked into WebOS IM app, I thought that's what "Synergy" was all about.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Wow, that Mundi IM is getting some pretty consistently atrocious reviews, especially for Facebook connectivity. Is it really all that buggy?

You know there's a Facebook chat patch, right? Works great for me. I think it might be more of a spoof.. it looks like a gmail chat but it's really FB. Cool hack.

Yahoo chat works natively for me, though not all the time. It's probably 70% successful. The rest of the time, the wheel just spins at the login forever.

I agree, this stuff should all be fully baked into WebOS IM app, I thought that's what "Synergy" was all about.
    it's still better than IM+.

and i shouldn't have to patch my phone for an IM client that should come pre-installed. MSN and Yahoo are still two huge IM clients and for palm to omit them is confusing.
  6.    #6  
    Yes Synergy was SUPPOSE to be about all this, why they didn't include this from the start or at least by the 1.4 update is beyond me considering that WebOS is based around well internet connectivity which should have included Yahoo from the start since they did include GT and AIM, but at least Mundu fixed this by releasing an app for pixi/pre, hopefully the next update will have Yahoo included, I myself was able to login the first time and have not had problems with the app, I have Verizon as my carrier ( they are great with coverage and customer support has been excellent) What carrier do you have? The reason I ask is because each carrier has it's own network, even though it's just internet/DATA connection straight threw with the app, each carrier has it's problems at any given time, Verizon's network could be fine and no problems at all, allowing the network to allow the connection 100% ( Which I have never had a single problem with Verizon) were as Sprint could be have network problems causing the 70% login rate to succeed were as the other 20% percent fail, same for AT&T ( Especially AT&T, I have heard so many horror stories of this in the past years and even today and in the present, that's why I refuse to use them lol, but to each their own)
    When I opened the preferences panel for the default webOS messaging app, I tapped on the "Add IM Account" button and the next screen had the following buttons: Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo.

This doesn't show up on your phone?
  8.    #8  
    I checked the messaging preference panel and when i click Add IM account all that is listed is AIM and GT, yes I have the newest update installed, I guess Verizon or Palm or both didn't want this on Verizon Palm Pixi's lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    When I opened the preferences panel for the default webOS messaging app, I tapped on the "Add IM Account" button and the next screen had the following buttons: Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo.

This doesn't show up on your phone?
    Do you have a Pixi or Pixi Plus? Pixi Plus on ANY carrier that I've seen so far does not have Yahoo Messenger. My regular Pixi had Yahoo Messenger. I have NO IDEA why they don't have it.
    I use Meebo. There's no app. but you can go to Meebo.com from the browser. It's a pretty awesome web based browser. If you go to a computer, or view the full HTML site from your phone, you can create a Meebo account, and conjoin all your IM accounts into one Meebo account. I have my Myspace, Yahoo, AIM, & MSN all connected to Meebo, so I just sign in thru meebo, and I see all of that on one screen. Meebo is the best!

You can also just log into your individual accounts.
  11.    #11  
    I have the Verizon Wireless Palm Pixi PLUS
    The Pixi's IM app uses libpurple so it could easily support Yahoo and MSN. I think the reason you don't see it is because Palm can't get a business deal with either of those companies. I found that Sprint versions of Pre supports Yahoo so Sprint has a business relationship with Yahoo. You can see that by going to the products page and clicking on the "compare phones" link (http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/).
    Yahoo was added at 1.4 here is a screen shot to prove it but i use Mundu lot of people seam to bitc* about it but i have not had a prob with it it was a buck fifty so not to bad Also just so you know when you add your yahoo account it will put all your yahoo contacts in your main contact list i hate that and refuse to use it just because that reason... Mundu does not do that Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://imo.im works too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Use Greg's Messaging plugins. This is the only way to get Yahoo as an option in the native messaging app on the VZW Pre+ and Pixi+.
    what are you referring to exactly with "gregs messaging plugins?" I would love to get yahoo on my pixi!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazgjcc View Post
    what are you referring to exactly with "gregs messaging plugins?" I would love to get yahoo on my pixi!

I need yahoo on my pixi also, can anyone explain gregs messaging plugins???
    Sony Clie ??, Palm m???, Palm Centro Sprint, Palm Pre Sprint, LG Optimus ( work), Palm Touchpad, Palm Pixi.
    Here ya go and it's free. Greg's Messaging Plugins

Mundu works well too after the latest app update. You can find it in the app catalog for a few $'s.
    Palm Pixi Phone (Sprint) features and specs including user reviews, news reports and forum ... The Pixi integrates AIM Instant Messenger, Google Talk and Yahoo ... A universal search looks through contacts and apps, then offers to search ...