Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I have searched the forums, but I can't seem to find anything like this. If I missed it, sorry about that. My ATT Pixi (3 weeks new) has twice now reported the TMC error, but the problem is, I have NO CARDS OPEN at the time. The first time, I simply forced it to do a reset by powering it down. The second (this AM), I actually had to remove the battery and reinsert.

If this has been discussed previously, could you please point me there?

Thanks.
    tim
    Download the homebrew app Jstop and run a garbage collect if that fixes it which it should set it to auto run
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Download the homebrew app Jstop and run a garbage collect if that fixes it which it should set it to auto run
    OK, I did that. I also set it to auto, based upon your obvious wizardry. Thanks for the help. We'll see what happens.
    tim
    I've never used jstop but instead would recommend installing uberkernel (many threads about this) and enabling compache...although I personally haven't experienced the significant gains in speed and performance that others have, with compache enabled I never get the Too Many Cards error anymore. This kernel is highly recommended and I thank the webos internals team for it!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    I've never used jstop but instead would recommend installing uberkernel (many threads about this) and enabling compache...although I personally haven't experienced the significant gains in speed and performance that others have, with compache enabled I never get the Too Many Cards error anymore. This kernel is highly recommended and I thank the webos internals team for it!
    Thanks. This will be fix #2, if fix #1 doesn't work out!
    tim
    I have a sprint Pixi, and have experienced that error as well. So I want to second both pieces of advice that were give. JStop rocks - and Uberkernel + Govnah is great!!!
    As for speed up, I started a thread about Uberkernel and reported speed ups, it was snappier - but a better word may have been smoother :-) The entire expierience is just better. Plus, since Uberkernel doesn't effect CPU speed (read as no overclocking), just memory management (compache part of the kernel) no heat issues - as far as I understand it :-) Happy fixing!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    I have a sprint Pixi, and have experienced that error as well. So I want to second both pieces of advice that were give. JStop rocks - and Uberkernel + Govnah is great!!!
    As for speed up, I started a thread about Uberkernel and reported speed ups, it was snappier - but a better word may have been smoother :-) The entire expierience is just better. Plus, since Uberkernel doesn't effect CPU speed (read as no overclocking), just memory management (compache part of the kernel) no heat issues - as far as I understand it :-) Happy fixing!
    Yeah, that's part of my issue in dealing with the kernel. I am scared to death of frying this thing! Other than these two minor missteps, I am amazed by this phone, and actually, could not be happier about the speed or "snappiness" of it. I have had no issue with it's performance, so far!

Thanks for the help. I appreciate you (and the others) taking time out to help a noob!
    tim