1.    #1  
    I want to use the Backup Assistant from Verizon Wireless to transfer my contacts to my computer so that i can reset my pixi to its factory settings and not have to worry about re entering all of my contacts. But i cant seem to find any way to download the backup assistant using Verizons Instructions. Is there any way to put my contacts onto my computer then transfer them back to my phone?
    There is no backup assistant for the pixi. What you need to do is make an account on verizon with your phone number, it's free. You'll then be able to access backup assistant. Let me log in and ill get back to this thread and ill give you directions.

-On the right side of the screen after you log in it will say "My Contacts" under the heading Account actions. Click my contacts. Above sort by first name click the 3 solid bars, it will put it in list view. then click select all, click the gear icon next to that and click export contacts. Now here is your two options. You will save to your desktop and you can either import them into outlook, outlook express or windows mail and then use palms data transfer to transfer calendar and contacts to your phone which will then sync to your palm profile, or you can make a gmail account (ive used gmail, windows live/hotmail and yahoo and gmail is most functional and stable) and transfer the contacts into there, then add that account to your contacts in your phone and it will transfer them into there. Up to you. Any other questions feel free to ask, i'm a pro after all the different ways i've tried with contacts i know it backwards and forwards lol.
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 07/06/2010 at 10:56 PM.
  3.    #3  
    I go to the My Contacts page and it still tells me to download the backup assistant, i try to click continue but it wont let me go any further without downloading backup assistant, theres nothing that allows me to sort by name or anything like that
    yes, download backup assistant on your cell phone before your palm pixi, then sync them. do you have AIM?
  5.    #5  
    i dont have aim sorry, and i already have a pixi, i just want to completely reset my pixi and upload my contacts back onto it that way i dont have to re enter them manually
    What is your old phone? Maybe we can do this a different way. What i'm wondering is, if you have a phone that is capable of having a micro SD card in it, to transfer your contacts to. My samsung rogue was able to do that. Then you just put them on ur comp and upload them wherever. If not you'll have to reenable your old phone, download backup assistant, sync and then do the steps i mentioned above.
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 07/06/2010 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Added second sentence
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm127 View Post
    i dont have aim sorry, and i already have a pixi, i just want to completely reset my pixi and upload my contacts back onto it that way i dont have to re enter them manually
    are the contacts already on your pixi? if so, they are backed up already. More info, please...
  8.    #8  
    The contacts are already on my pixi, however, i downloaded the sticker theme for my pixi and i cant remove it so i want to complete restore my pixi to its original settings. in other words, i want to make my pixi the way it was when i removed it from the box. Wouldnt that delete my backed up contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    are the contacts already on your pixi? if so, they are backed up already. More info, please...
    I'm dumb. I just reread the first post. Pardon my ignorance i need some sleep lol. Yes, your contacts and apps and such are stored on your palm profile. So when you log in after you reset your phone, it will all go back on. it will ask you for passwords to your email and such. It pretty much sets itself back up exactly how you had it, preferences and all. Just need to reput your ringtones, pics and such back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm127 View Post
    The contacts are already on my pixi, however, i downloaded the sticker theme for my pixi and i cant remove it so i want to complete restore my pixi to its original settings. in other words, i want to make my pixi the way it was when i removed it from the box. Wouldnt that delete my backed up contacts?
    No, just don't turn off your backup on your phone. Download the webos doctor and it will reset your phone. You can also do a secure erase which will wipe off the flash drive clearing out your pictures, music and such and your phone will be 100% clean. I do a secure erase then doctor my phone to make it back to perfect. If your contacts arent on google and are on your palm profile and you turn off your backup, you'll lose your contacts, but your apps will be saved still, and your entire phone will be like when you opened the box (besides the apps).
  11.    #11  
    I did a secure erase and used webos doctor but the sticker theme is still there!! Ill create a new thread to figure this out. But thanks for all of your help guys!