Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to get preware on the pixi?if thats what its called
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    The instructions are found here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    is this for the pixi
    Should work for either the Pre or the Pixi.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It works on both the pre and pixi. Pretty much what you do is download webos quick install, which comes with novacomd and you also need to download webosdoctor. You can also download webos doctor after you download quickinstall and open it, it will ask. Choose your carrier. Then on your pixi unlock it and type webos20090606 and it will bring up a devmode icon. Click it and turn it on. the pixi will restart, then plug it into your computer and open quickinstall after the webosdoctor is downloaded and you will click the blue arrow pointing down on the right, select pixi from the feeds and then check the box next to preware, then click download. then install it on the pixi, and in literally 3 seconds you should have it on the first screen in your launcher on your pixi.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i tried it and it said no device found when it was about to install...helppppp
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    This procedure is unforgiving. You must follow the directions precisely and in order. The most common cause of a device not being detected is a device not in dev mode. There are a few more causes, but this is the most common. You might wish to consult the WebOS Quick Install thread for info on getting QI up and running: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post2194980. The first few posts include a troubleshooting guide.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Novacomd is sometimes the culprit. it was for me. Either that or you didn't put it in dev mode.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ok i got it to work thanks