Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Were do I find Uber Kernel? I have preware but i cant find it anywhere, I looked in tweaks and the precentral feed gallery. I have a verizon Palm pixi plus, the onlything I have is Govnah. Im a noob at this but I am studying this. Can someone please reply to me. Thanks. My version software is 1.4.1.1
    How do I do that? Thanks ^-^
    Thank you so much!! ^-^
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachkon View Post
    Were do I find Uber Kernel? I have preware but i cant find it anywhere, I looked in tweaks and the precentral feed gallery. I have a verizon Palm pixi plus, the onlything I have is Govnah. Im a noob at this but I am studying this. Can someone please reply to me. Thanks. My version software is 1.4.1.1

IF you have preware there should be a Kernel section with
    recovery Kernel and a Uber Kernel to download

Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Install govnah, then Install The pixi recovery kernel. No luna restart. Install uber kernel, luna restart. Govnah registers as an app and won't require a restart.
    Last edited by errbin; 07/30/2010 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    u have to add testing feeds
    UberKernel is in the default public feeds for Pre and Pixi.

Please do not point random people to testing feeds as the first response - that is what results in what has happened in the F105 thread ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Yes Sir. post deleted
    I wanted to post what i've been using for the past two weeks on my Sprint Pixi:

ondemandtcl
    enabled compache
    I/O = anticipatory
    TCP congestion = westwood

Not only has my Pixi been running smoothly (though I wish email would load faster) but I've noticed a crazy amount of battery retention. I used toget about 10 hours on a good day, usually it was more like 7. Leaving it out overnight starting at 100% meant it would be at about 20% by morning. For the past week or so (it didn't start right away after I changed my settings) its been using between 15% and 40% at night, so I wake up and its at 85% or 60% charge. It all depend on how many notifications and alarms go off. I haven't changed anything else, so I'm assuming its my settings.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    I wanted to post what i've been using for the past two weeks on my Sprint Pixi:

ondemandtcl
    enabled compache
    I/O = anticipatory
    TCP congestion = westwood

Not only has my Pixi been running smoothly (though I wish email would load faster) but I've noticed a crazy amount of battery retention. I used toget about 10 hours on a good day, usually it was more like 7. Leaving it out overnight starting at 100% meant it would be at about 20% by morning. For the past week or so (it didn't start right away after I changed my settings) its been using between 15% and 40% at night, so I wake up and its at 85% or 60% charge. It all depend on how many notifications and alarms go off. I haven't changed anything else, so I'm assuming its my settings.

what about in use how the battery life then?
    In use battery life has been great as well. I haven't run out yet and have been away from a charger for 10 - 12 hours at a time (though it will be way down, 15 - 20%), that's texting, emails, FB, twitter and some calls - they always eat battery. But its been improved.
    Governor: ondemand
    Min Freq:122.88 MHz
    Max Freq: 600 MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.1 freq
    Up Threshold: 60%
    Ignore Nice Load: false
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compcache Enabled: true
    Compcache Memlimit: 24 mb
    so i'm in the settings, but my "sampling rate" says 200000...does that equate to the 0.2 you are listing above?

also, am i to assume that for the "compcache enabled" setting, 0=false and 1=true?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    so i'm in the settings, but my "sampling rate" says 200000...does that equate to the 0.2 you are listing above?

also, am i to assume that for the "compcache enabled" setting, 0=false and 1=true?

you have your Gonah setting on manual entry on YES *for experienced users only*
    I would change that setting to NO if your unsure on how to work it

but YES 200000 does = 0.2 and compcache is set on true = 1
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    you have your Gonah setting on manual entry on YES *for experienced users only*
    I would change that setting to NO if your unsure on how to work it

but YES 200000 does = 0.2 and compcache is set on true = 1
    i haven't noticed any difference switching the settings around. I changed things around a few times and ran the same set of apps and if there was any difference it was too small to notice.

is removing UberKernel and Govnah just as simple as hitting "remove"?
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    is removing UberKernel and Govnah just as simple as hitting "remove"?
    In Preware, yes.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Governor: ondemand
    Min Freq: 320 MHz
    Max Freq: 600 MHz
    Sampling Rate: 0.1
    Up Threshold: 60%
    Ignore Nice Load: false
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Compcache Enabled: true
    Compcache Memlimit: 24 MB
    I/O scheduler: anticapatory
    TCP congestion: westwood

This is what I am using. Works pretty good on my pixi plus.
    using suzuki profiling..but change the compcache to 16mb as this is for me much better
  17.    #77  
    Govnah hasn't been working for me on Verizon 1.4.5. It keeps resetting my compcache to disabled and reverts my profile back to palm default if i restart my phone. It's annoying!
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Govnah hasn't been working for me on Verizon 1.4.5. It keeps resetting my compcache to disabled and reverts my profile back to palm default if i restart my phone. It's annoying!
    I had a similar issue after the upgrade (Sprint). I deleted UberK + Gov and reinstalled. Haven't had any issues since.

Not saying this is what needed to happen, but worked for me.
  19.    #79  
    I did a backup delete, secure full erase & doctor with 1.4.5 then reinstalled everything from scratch including contacts. The phone's like factory new with new preware & all installed. I don't think it's an issue with my phone, but could be. I'm waiting to see what the webos internals guys say.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    ^I have a similar setup to yours and have not had a problem with Govnah rolling back to Palm default with phone reset. I had to do a patch recovery when I upgraded to 1.4.5, but that is all.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast