Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Edit:

Easy with these instructions, thanks!
    Had sand in my keyboard lol

I used a t5, phillips, tweezers, and a pin (to remove the palm stickers from over the screws)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    ok I think your replacing the touch screen i myself have broken the touch screen part not the outer layer and so my question is what type of touch screen is it and where can you buy one and how much this is all that im asking thank you...
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmatula123 View Post
    ok I think your replacing the touch screen i myself have broken the touch screen part not the outer layer and so my question is what type of touch screen is it and where can you buy one and how much this is all that im asking thank you...
    I reckon you'll have to get lucky on eBay... Unless someone on this forum has a spare part? To be honest though the Pixi Plus is so cheap now it's probably best just buying a new/used whole phone off eBay!
    when I broke my touch screen I bought a bad ESN verizon pixi plus off ebay for $26. I swapped the sprint main board/keyboard/LCD into the verizon pixi plus, put in the verizon radio board in and booted it up. No doctoring needed. When it boots it askes you to sign into your palm profile. I call it the plusminus pixi. Basically I ended up with a sprint pixi with a verizon emblem and wifi. You will lose sprint navigation though. There's a you tube video someone from this board made to show you how to do it.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Xethur, the latest instructions include doctoring so that you can get your sprint pixi, with verizon wifi and nav all at once.
    Is it possible to buy new speakers for my Palm Pixi model #P120EWW? I would like to buy them (i need both) online if thats possible. The loud speaker has numbers on it but the other doesnt. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Numbers on it? What? And the Pixi only has one speaker. Anyway, you can find Pixis with bad ESNs on eBay for dirt cheap. Just buy one and cannibalize it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Excellent photos, and it makes me curious: is it possible to have the camera and screen separated and running at a distance from each other? I have two Palm Pixis that aren't being used (my wife and I upgraded to HTC Evos) and I want to use them for a crafting project. The idea is to have the camera some distance away (connected by a ribbon or wire is perfectly fine) while displaying what it's seeing on the screen.

I couldn't tell by looking initially at these pics how the screen/keyboard/touchscreen assembly is connected to the rest of the phone. Could the OP or someone else with experience inside the phone let me know how it is connected, and if it looks like it would be easy to extend that connection?

EDIT: Okay, I looked at the PDF from HP, and I see where the screen is connected to the motherboard with a small ribbon connection. My only remaining question, then, is whether or not it's a connection that one could easily find an extension cable for, or if it's something proprietary.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Magc8Ball; 10/26/2011 at 07:51 PM.
    Do Amazon sell a Philips T5? I searched for one but I'm not confident what came up was correct. If someone has a spare couple of minutes, could you link me to a product page? Thanks
    Currently rockin' a HP Pre3!

Find me on Facebook and/or Twitter.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The T5 is a Torx tip, size 5 screwdriver. The Philips is very small Philips tip screwdriver.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12