Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've read some great stuff so far on using Uberkernel + Govnah on the Pixi. Not so much worried about warranty, but wondering if anyone has been running it for more than a few days and how its been? Though there shouldn't be since its not overclocking, any temp issues? issues with patches or apps?

Any input would be appreciated - dying to speed up my Pixi a bit
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    love it

Uberkernel + Govnah on my Pixi is great (I have the sprint pixi without WiFi)
    and it's moving now apps open quicker and load quicker as for temp (something I worried about)
    no issues and zero issues with all the patches I have on the pixi

enabled compcache (left at 16Mb) and set Govnah to (on-demand) zero problems

install it... you won't regret it
    Last edited by errbin; 07/04/2010 at 01:22 PM.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the advice, especially about the settings, been trying to read as much as I can about it, so I can understand what I'm doing, but haven't found too much about the Pixi inparticular.

This will probably answer itself when I install, but is enabling compache done through Govnah?
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    yes compache is set using the Govnah app
    do you have a link? Is it preware?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My palm history-
    Palm OS: Handspring visor, sony clie
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    it's on preware in kernel's section

the Govnah app is in application category system utilities

Install govnah, then Install The pixi recovery kernel. No luna restart. Install uber kernel, luna restart.
    Last edited by errbin; 07/04/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    I installed Uberkernel and Govnah on my Sprint Pixi last night, and for the first time since I've owned my Pixi the low battery warning came on. So it might have been coincidental that this happened the day after installed Uberkernel+Govnah, and as such I'm keeping a close eye on my battery life. Normally I go about 8 hours before plopping my Pixi down on the Touchstone charger (with no low battery warning), so if I get this same message after my normal usage then I can only assume this modified kernel is causing the extra battery drain.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  8.    #8  
    thanks, i use mine pretty heavy and get about 5-6 hours anyway, but will watch and see what happens, just installed everything and the phone still works! LOL...but wasn't expecting different. Now gonna play with the speed a bit.
  9.    #9  
    OK, wow...i brought up google maps - pinch to zoom was so much smoother, left it on, FB loaded great, left that on, calender loaded and goes from month to day view in no time (use that A LOT for my business), left that on and the camera loaded right up, took a bunch of pics, and was able to load the pics to look at in no time.

Will continue to watch battery drain and temp (just paranoid about that even though its not overclocked) but sooooo happy so far
    Just installed everything and set the setting you listed, but it don't seem any faster, it still wants to hang a bit when scrolling through the app launcher from top to bottom.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    Just installed everything and set the setting you listed, but it don't seem any faster, it still wants to hang a bit when scrolling through the app launcher from top to bottom.
    I thought the same thing at first, be sure to open govnah, then tap "governor" and swipe down to "compache config" and turn "compache enabled" to true.

Only after I did that did i notice anything different on my phone.
    tried that, still slow, does your camera app load fast? Mine is slow. Not sure what I did wrong, I installed preware, installed govnah, then pixi recovery kernal then uberkernal, then compcache to true then apply, but still slow.
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
    wife has been complaining about the battery life (lack there of) of her Pixi. I installed Uber & Govnah and at the end of the day her percent left is 40% where it was usually at 40% by dinner time. She loves the new snappyness & speed
    still trying to figure out why I'm not getting more speed out of it. What should I do?
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ace028 View Post
    still trying to figure out why I'm not getting more speed out of it. What should I do?
    Not sure what else to try. Since the kernels are easy to install/uninstall...maybe try the process over again? I know have to do that with various apps/patches to get things going OK. Sorry i can't be of more help.
    maybe I will doctor my phone and start fresh?
    My palm history-
    Palm LifeDrive
    Palm Pre(wifes)
    Palm Pixi (mine)
  17.    #17  
    I read a couple other threads where people have doctored after trying with no improvement...just make sure you have everything backed up first - and take advanteag of downloading save/restore and pre backup utility (can save stuff on PC thru USB) if you haven't already. before doctoring though, I would play with the settings and try to read a bit more, since your phone is still working, just not faster.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    love it

Uberkernel + Govnah on my Pixi is great (I have the sprint pixi without WiFi)
    and it's moving now apps open quicker and load quicker as for temp (something I worried about)
    no issues and zero issues with all the patches I have on the pixi

enabled compcache (left at 16Mb) and set Govnah to (on-demand) zero problems

install it... you won't regret it
    everything is working great, wanted to thank you again and one more question. Do you know the difference between "ondemandtcl" and "ondemand" for the governor? Couldn't find a solid answer in the threads
    After a day with UK I also haven't noticed much of a difference either...sprint pixi, i set govnah to performance, min at 128, max at 600mhz, and compache enabled at 48000. The main difference I'm noticing is the absence of the "too many cards" error which I used to get far too often. Although I wish I'd gotten a pixi that was "LIGHTENING FAST" I really can't complain with it's performance, everything runs smoothly for the most part (except google maps)
  20.    #20  
    Google maps still opened at same speed, but once open, performance was better. I don't if I'd say mine was "lightning" but it is noticeably faster. Its also only had the new kernel for an hour or two, LOL, so we'll se as time goes on. The best thing to me is the way to calender works now, just snappier.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast