1.    #1  
    has anyone tried the installing the old 800sh kernel for the pre, super kernel for the pre or the pres uberkernel on the PIXI. Just wondering what woukd happen. Sprint is sending me a replacement pixi so I may try it???
    Have you tried running a diesel engine on petrol? Just because everyone says it will not work, what do they know eh ;-)
  3.    #3  
    that's what I am saying!!!! I wonder??? I am hoping someone tried it. If not I will be trying tomorrow the 5th and posting results.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    has anyone tried the installing the old 800sh kernel for the pre, super kernel for the pre or the pres uberkernel on the PIXI. Just wondering what woukd happen. Sprint is sending me a replacement pixi so I may try it???
    It will not work on your pixi and you risk busting it!!! They use different kernels. But if you are hell bent on messing around on your pixi then I guess we can't do anything to stop you.
    WebOS Internals has released the UberKernel for the Pixi.

Any other kernel will not work.

If you're still talking about broken stuff like 800sh or SuperPreKernel that was released by others, then you really need to update your knowledge on the current state of overclocking. Those kernels were obsolete at webOS 1.4.1 and do not contain Pixi kernels ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/05/2010 at 08:44 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    But as to which kernels we should be looking at, the world will never know.

Thus Rob succeeds once again at simply confusing people in a condescending tone.
    The first line of my post says the UberKernel for the Pixi, available in Preware. The *only* kernel that has been released to the public that will work on the Pixi, period.

The exact answer for the question the original poster asked. What useful information did you add to the thread? I suspect you're actually someone else who has created a new account specifically to post that inflammatory comment. Very suspicious ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 07/05/2010 at 09:45 PM.
  7.    #7  
    rod. I appreciate everything you do and I hope you do not think I created a new account to write something derogatory. I'm 31 years old and don't have time to trash someone who has made my device soo much better!
    Last edited by stu5797; 07/05/2010 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    rod. I appreciate everything you do and I hope you do not think I created a new account to write something derogatory. I'm 31 years old and don't have time to trash someone who has made my device soo much better!
    My response wasn't directed to you in any way.

Unfortunately, there is widespread communication through blogs and such of an overclocking solution that is fundamentally flawed, and no interest from the same media outlets (or the author of that flawed solution) in posting corrections.

So users such as yourself get caught in the middle of a bad situation through no fault of your own.

And then there seems to be an underground movement trying to discredit the people who have developed the custom kernel for the current webOS versions and for the Pixi. Including people creating "puppet" accounts and posting messages like the one which has now been deleted by the moderators.

You simply posted a valid question looking for a correct answer amongst all the misinformation.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/07/2010 at 09:11 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    after seeing this thread i thought i would ask a question regarding this topic, and someone correct me if im wrong, but is the UBERKERNAL for pixi (the one in preware), only for additional memory, and does not include any overclocking above the stock 600mhz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    after seeing this thread i thought i would ask a question regarding this topic, and someone correct me if im wrong, but is the UBERKERNAL for pixi (the one in preware), only for additional memory, and does not include any overclocking above the stock 600mhz.
    There is no overclocking kernel code for the processor in the Pixi available anywhere on the internet as far as we know.

The description for the UberKernel package in Preware outlines it's exact feature set.

-- Rod