1.    #1  
    Ok long story, a while ago I posted how the last (3 months ago...) palm update broke the ability for a scheduling website that my wife needs to access. Here is the <a href="http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/233736-very-important-website-no-longer-functions.html">link </a>, if you care to go back to look into it.

Anyways that really is not important, I acutally talked to a Palm tech rep and there is no fix. I could however roll back to a previous version, the one previous to the one that broke it. Two part question on that:

1. How do you roll back?
    2. How do I keep it from updating to the new version
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Ok long story, a while ago I posted how the last (3 months ago...) palm update broke the ability for a scheduling website that my wife needs to access. Here is the <a href="http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/233736-very-important-website-no-longer-functions.html">link </a>, if you care to go back to look into it.

Anyways that really is not important, I acutally talked to a Palm tech rep and there is no fix. I could however roll back to a previous version, the one previous to the one that broke it. Two part question on that:

1. How do you roll back?
    2. How do I keep it from updating to the new version
    If you mean you'd like to go back to an old firmware and then disable updates then it's certainly possible - the main problem you'll have is locating an old WebOS Doctor version to get you there. Unfortunately Palm doesn't offer old versions for download anymore, and it's technically illegal for us to upload one for you. If you can find (privately/discreetly) someone who is willing to provide you with it then it would be very easy to go from there. I'm afraid I can't help you more than that right now
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PM Sent, and to disable the updates install terminal and type:

mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

keep in mind you wont be able to install/use apps aimed for the new webos versions
  4.    #4  
    moris, thanks for that link to webosinternals but they just have links to the files on palms servers which are now dead links. Could anyone send me a link or a copy they have? Looking for 1.3.5 of the pixi... thanks much!
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    moris, thanks for that link to webosinternals but they just have links to the files on palms servers which are now dead links. Could anyone send me a link or a copy they have? Looking for 1.3.5 of the pixi... thanks much!
    You must admitt, your signature is ironic.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation