Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay here's the deal. Ive noticed my Pixi battery is awful lately. I took it to store they replaced the battery 3 times...same issue. They gave me new phone. SAME PROBLEM. So then they shipped me a brand new battery and still it is draining like 10% every hour, with no use. It used to drain @ 1% every hour with no use. I compared my settings with my friends Pixi (they were the same) and his battery is legit and mine is terrible. Any thoughts?
  2.    #3  
    ....im not seeing your point bro....
    Quote Originally Posted by will665 View Post
    ....im not seeing your point bro....
    Your battery doesn't "literally" suck for it to do that it would have to suck like a vacuum
    That's normal for the battery. Turn off your wifi when you arent near a wifi source, set your screen time down to like 1 or 2 mins, if you use email or facebook set it to manual or as items arrive, screen brightness is a big one, i set mine at 25%. The more you talk, the more it dies.
    Well, a new battery takes a few days to get "broken in". That would explain why every new battery and device they gave you has terrible batery life. Give it a few days and it should drastically improve...
    Quote Originally Posted by will665 View Post
    Okay here's the deal. Ive noticed my Pixi battery is awful lately. I took it to store they replaced the battery 3 times...same issue. They gave me new phone. SAME PROBLEM. So then they shipped me a brand new battery and still it is draining like 10% every hour, with no use. It used to drain @ 1% every hour with no use. I compared my settings with my friends Pixi (they were the same) and his battery is legit and mine is terrible. Any thoughts?
    First of all, it doesn't "literally" suck. It sucks, just not literally.

Do you have the Pixi Plus? If so, are you using wifi? There have been certain routers identified that KILL your Pre / Pixi battery when using it. If that's your case, turn off wifi and see if you have the same issues. If it helps, you can either get a new router or get used to using 3G when at home.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    also,how many instant mesg services do you have linked,,the more you have,the more drain,u know aim,yahoo,etc. Yahoo sometimes does not log on,continuously trying to connect. If you have yahoo linked.check that out.also try and remember when this started and what apps you mave have added. My kid has a pixi,all of a sudden same issue as you. Told her to get rid of the last 3 apps she added one at a time until we found the one that was causing the drain. We found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    [freedicforyouxobx]literally - definition of literally by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.[/url]
    Wow! Over 1000 posts and you still troll. He did use it correctly. It's just slang. I thought Pre Central was going to put a stop to short and ignorant remarks? Oh whoops that was on the android forums. Good job Pre Central for keeping a clean house, your l33t!

Now that's how you troll 063_xobx. with one post not over 1000!
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Uh no "gosh".. He did not use the word "literally" correctly.. But anyway.. You joined today just to incorrectly say that someone correctly used a word? HA!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    That's normal for the battery. Turn off your wifi when you arent near a wifi source, set your screen time down to like 1 or 2 mins, if you use email or facebook set it to manual or as items arrive, screen brightness is a big one, i set mine at 25%. The more you talk, the more it dies.
    So basically, don't use your phone.
    Did you properly break in your battery? Like this: charge fully then use it til it's gone, you have to let it go from 100% to 0%.... Repeat this for the first few days so your phone gets used to going through a full charge. When you get a new battery it's not good to charge it, then recharge it once it drains a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gosh View Post
    Wow! Over 1000 posts and you still troll. He did use it correctly. It's just slang. I thought Pre Central was going to put a stop to short and ignorant remarks? Oh whoops that was on the android forums. Good job Pre Central for keeping a clean house, your l33t!

Now that's how you troll 063_xobx. with one post not over 1000!
    Your point lost all meaning when you said "your l33t".
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/02/2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You're point lost all meaning when you said "your l33t".
    Wow, two misuses of "Your/you're" in one sentence, you win!!

Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Not using your phone is the ultimate battery saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Wow, two misuses of "Your/you're" in one sentence, you win!!

Oh geez. I must have typed the ending "e" and my Pre auto corrected it. How embarrassing lol

I'm going to fix my post, but my error with always exist in your quote.
    I get why he's trying to use literally:
    It sucks as in its bad, its not adequate, etc.
    And also its "sucking" power from his phone at a rate it shouldn't.

My first post and its only to argue, I love forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    How about you read that again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Did you properly break in your battery? Like this: charge fully then use it til it's gone, you have to let it go from 100% to 0%.... Repeat this for the first few days so your phone gets used to going through a full charge. When you get a new battery it's not good to charge it, then recharge it once it drains a little bit.
    This is contrary to what the manual says... are you saying the manual is wrong or are you writing anecdotally?

Charge your phone whenever you can. Charge it
    overnight. The battery has a much longer useful life
    when it is topped off frequently than when it is
    charged after it is fully drained.
    First off you do not need to "drain" the battery, this is a Lithium-ion battery, it has no memory effect. Secondly, it should get an average user through an average day of light email, light web browsing, and a few calls. Heavy data users or callers will want to pack a spare battery, just as they do with the Pre.

Also this link may prove useful in finding the best battery solution for you.
    precentral.net/how-tips-improving-battery-life
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast