1.    #1  
    I have had my Pixi for about 2 months now. The screen blinking on and off randomly is annoying, and I've read that others also have experienced this. However, beyond just annoyance, there have been times when, because of the combination of the screen refusing to switch on despite pressing the top button, or its blinking off with a mind of its own, a call has been made somewhere in between. Because I can't see what's on the screen, I can't tap the button to end the call, and meanwhile, a call is in progress. It would be helpful if there were some button on the keypad itself to just hit and end the call and not be at the mercy of the screen shenanigans. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by prism74 View Post
    I have had my Pixi for about 2 months now. The screen blinking on and off randomly is annoying, and I've read that others also have experienced this. However, beyond just annoyance, there have been times when, because of the combination of the screen refusing to switch on despite pressing the top button, or its blinking off with a mind of its own, a call has been made somewhere in between. Because I can't see what's on the screen, I can't tap the button to end the call, and meanwhile, a call is in progress. It would be helpful if there were some button on the keypad itself to just hit and end the call and not be at the mercy of the screen shenanigans. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    I know there is a patch to end the call with the power button that I have installed but I can't say I have run into the "I can't end a call cause the screen won't come on" problem with my Pixi. I have however found that I would face this problem within the OS where the screen would not load the GUI (I can see the screen and keyboard lighting up), some times cycling through the power button wold correct it others would require removing the battery and/or holding the power button til the phone resets. Since installing the Uberkernel I have not experienced this problem.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    the libking on and off is the proximity sensor. move your hand from the left top.
    patch: close on hangup!
    it's a must
    Quote Originally Posted by prism74 View Post

Thanks.
    That is what it's supposed to do, via the proximity sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    patch: close on hangup!
    it's a must
    For a Pixi? O.o
    Close on hangup closes the phone app out after you hang up. Very good patch. Yes, for the pixi.
    Oh well then...
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    yeah, it's very easy to trigger the proximity sensor while hanging up. I often just click the gesture button (or tap for pixi/plus) and swipe the card off.
    a good homebrew choice is power button to end calls patch, but your screen is off for various reasons, you won't be able to turn on screen without hanging up the call. Actually, the volume keys might, I haven't tested that.
    No, you just hit the spacebar if your phone is off. I hung up once on someone lol and then tried hitting different keys and the spacebar worked for me.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    No, you just hit the spacebar if your phone is off. I hung up once on someone lol and then tried hitting different keys and the spacebar worked for me.

Are you saying that your spacebar acts like an "end-call" hard button? I tried that on my Pixi and it did not work.

It is quite annoying to not have a hard key to press to end a call. Same with placing a call. My fingers are already on the keypad to dial, so why would I want to move them to the touchscreen to send the call!

I am dying for a phone with more keyboard integration. Everything is so touchscreen oriented right now. I want the option to use both! Humph.
    Yes I agree,

Can some1 help in making a patch to end call by pressing 'SpaceBar' this would be more practical rather than tyring power button which is oddly placed !

Many thanks
    Yeah also need some button to take a call...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I believe he means you can install a patch to use power button as "end-call" hard button. After that patch, if sometimes you want to turn on the screen in a call, you cannot use power button -- that will end the call, so you use spacebar instead.

I do agree pixi should at least keep 2-3 keys for phone call. It have full keyboard, but removed the phone call button...

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTot2 View Post
    Are you saying that your spacebar acts like an "end-call" hard button? I tried that on my Pixi and it did not work.

It is quite annoying to not have a hard key to press to end a call. Same with placing a call. My fingers are already on the keypad to dial, so why would I want to move them to the touchscreen to send the call!

I am dying for a phone with more keyboard integration. Everything is so touchscreen oriented right now. I want the option to use both! Humph.